polkaudio Monitor 7A Pair with Stands

Conradicles
Conradicles Posts: 6,071
Very nice pair of very early model Monitor 7A's with stands. The stands have been spiked. These have had the crossovers upgraded with Jantzen caps and Mundorf resistors. New internal wiring, new fuses and Mortite as well.

One of the grill frames has been repaired, but other than that they are in great shape for the age.
Here is a link to the actual pair with some pictures and info.:
http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?113321-Polk-7A-s...-are-they-worth-fixing

$120 local sale only.

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions.
More pictures soon to come...
Post edited by Conradicles on

Comments

• vstarkwell
    vstarkwell Posts: 328
    edited April 2012
    Nice!!!!!, Good luck with the sale as that is a very nice price.
    Monitor 7C's With Tubes
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 8,116
    edited April 2012
    Man if u were shipping I would take those right now!

Glws!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Harmon Kardon HK3490; Bluesounds Node N130; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Conradicles
    edited April 2012
    If there are no local sales after some time, I have no problem shipping.
  • rooftop59
    edited April 2012
    Sweet! Then put me first in line if that becomes available please.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
  • Conradicles
    edited April 2012
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Sweet! Then put me first in line if that becomes available please.

Will do and thank you Sir!
  • TNHNDYMAN
    TNHNDYMAN Posts: 2,145
    edited April 2012
    Eric,

Hope you get a quick and easy sale; however, if you still have avail 1st wk of May, I'd be interested. I'd love to hear them w/ the upgrades. No funds till then and would have to meet in Asheville again. If anyone's closer by all means make a sale and let someone else enjoy.

For all those considering, Eric is a nice guy who purchased these from me last fall. Excellent price considering he paid $100 before upgrades and purchased the stands in a separate transaction.
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• louis10th
    louis10th Posts: 2
    edited April 2012
    Please put me second in line. just in case rooftop59 changes his mind :)
  • Conradicles
    edited April 2012
  • rooftop59
    edited April 2012
    Why don't ya just throw those little guys in with my amp??? :wink:

They are just so purdy...
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • Conradicles
    edited April 2012
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Why don't ya just throw those little guys in with my amp??? :wink:

They are just so purdy...

Haha the amp just shipped. You are 1st on the list if there is no local sale. I am in no hurry to sell, and TNHDYMAN may end up getting these back if it all works out. I would need to JB Weld the magnets, and then have no problem shipping.
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,532
    edited April 2012
    Haha the amp just shipped. You are 1st on the list if there is no local sale. I am in no hurry to sell, and TNHDYMAN may end up getting these back if it all works out. I would need to JB Weld the magnets, and then have no problem shipping.

Just like the last time, if you guys need an exchange location here in Wilkesboro, feel free to contact me. This weekend would be spotty as I'll be at Merlefest most of it. GLWTS!
  • TNHNDYMAN
    edited April 2012
    Thanks Cody... Eric like I said if you get a sale pls go ahead. I would love to hear them upgraded but money is tight that's why I'd have to wait till early May. My wife graduates as RN from ETSU's nursing school May 5th so I'm covered up till then. After that we might do a celebration wkend in Asheville or Charlotte so we could maybe work out a time to get together. I'll keep an eye on the thread and try to contact you sometime later in the week.

Cody, Eric, and others in the NC, TN area-- we need to do our own mini fest this summer. I'm up for hosting so lets throw some dates around via pm if anyone's interested.

Travis
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• Conradicles
    edited May 2012
  • TNHNDYMAN
    edited May 2012
    Eric,

I've got too much on my hands right now. Deb's mom is in hospital (cancer) hospice care is being implemented after discharge- DR's est. less than a month so not a priority right now. I am sorry.

• Conradicles
    edited May 2012
    No problem man hope all goes well and I will keep her in my prayers.
  • Conradicles
    edited May 2012
    Any local buyers interested?
  • Conradicles
    edited May 2012
    Actually I think I may part these out.

Anybody interested in some fresh modded crossovers for their 7A's?
  • Conradicles
    edited May 2012
    How about $35 shipped for the crossover pair:
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited May 2012
    Actually I think I may part these out.

Anybody interested in some fresh modded crossovers for their 7A's?

Oh the horror, the horror! Don't do it! What an awful thing to do to a MINT set of 7As. Wish I were closer. Where in N.C. are you? I have some relatives in Raleigh and Chapel Hill. And then there's always Lightman "storage", I've gone with that before.

I had a deal for 7As up here in the N.East. that went south. lol

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • factorz
    factorz Posts: 353
    edited May 2012
    Would you be willing to sell the stands?
  • TNHNDYMAN
    edited May 2012
    Damn Eric don't do it. I'll take the crossovers will paypal you tonight. Just leave them in the 7's and give me a few days to figure out how we can meet up again and I'll find a way to buy them back. Please don't part them out.
    Travis

• TNHNDYMAN
    edited May 2012
    Had to think a minute. There is a pair of 2.3's near me I want, but there is no way I'll have almost a grand anytime soon so just mark these as sold. I'd like the stands but if you have already talked to factorz about them seperately, do what you need to. I'm going out to finish some garage sale hunts right now but can talk to you later today and I'll arrange paypal w/ you after we talk. Me and cody were talking about a get together here at my place maybe late June and we might be able to have him haul over the mountains if you can't make it in. Thanks.

• cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited May 2012
    Thank you, TNHNDYMAN! For helping to save a pair of 7As. Keep them in the "family"!

Nice work!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • TNHNDYMAN
    edited May 2012
    Well I had them before and got them from a fellow Polkie, so I couldn't stand to see them parted out. If I don't hear from you first Eric, I'll call after dinner and before 11pm tonight. Travis

• Conradicles
    edited May 2012
    Good I did not really want to part these out. The stands need to stay with the speakers. They are yours Travis just PM me.
    Peace,
    Eric.
  • TNHNDYMAN
    edited May 2012
    Pymnt sent. Thanks Eric- We'll coordinate pick up down the road.
    Travis

• Conradicles
    edited May 2012
    Please mark these as SOLD.
  • TNHNDYMAN
    edited May 2012
    ^ @ cnh- Well I've got 2 pair of 7's again both with Peerless so if you still need a pair down the road let me know. I'm looking forward to hearing these with the upgraded crossovers. I have some Janzen caps for the low pass for the other pair and will eventally get either Sonic Caps or Clarity Caps for the tweets as well as Mills resistors. Already have a set of Larry's rings ready to install and just need to order some dynamat for the drivers as well as JB weld the magnets and should have a pretty stellar set of 7's. Maybe someone will be driving north to Polk Fest this fall and we could get a nice pair up to you. Just something to think about.

• Conradicles
    Come back home my little Monitor 7's...