Polk Audio RT2000i in black finish

Beta
Beta Posts: 267
edited March 2012 in Speakers
Anyone have any idea of what a fair price would be for a pair of "near mint" fully operational Polk RT2000i towers in black finish? I am the original owner and I purchased them brand new back in 2001. If I remember correctly, I think their original MSRP was $1,700.00.

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by Beta on

Comments

• Velocitydreamer
    Velocitydreamer Posts: 252
    edited March 2012
    Just bought a set of "great" condition RT2000p's (unsure of the difference, but I think yours are a TINY TINY bit better), for $300 for the pair. Great meaning, very few tiny nicks on some of the corners and missing the rubber feet. Not sure if it was a good deal or not, but if they're near mint, I'd price it above the $300... the question is, how far?
    LivingRoom
    Source: HTPC
    Display: GT720 (on the wall)
    Receiver: HK AVR1700
    L/R: RS850 Signature
    Center: RSC200 Signature
    SS: Onix Rocket ELT DPA
    Sub: SVS PB1-ISD

2 Channel (in the making)
    Source: TBA
    Amplification: TBA (Integra 2.1 interim)
    Speakers: AV123 Onix Rocket Strata Mini
  • Beta
    edited March 2012
    Small 1.5 inch very light scratch on the veneer on one side of one speaker. That's about it. Corners are all perfect. I have all eight stock rubber feet.
  • cheif pontiac
    cheif pontiac Posts: 138
    edited March 2012
    I would agree that $300 is top dollar. If I rememeber correctly there are parts not available for them including the AMP (I think). I don't know what could be used to replace it. This could hurt value as they are at an age things can go bad.
    I bought a single RT1000p for $75 in working condition and only a few marks.
    Ive seen these powered RT speakers priced in the $400-$500 range but I never see a sale on them at that price.
    I gave a up a pair of Rt12's recently for $160. I really wanted $200. Granted it is not quit a fair comparison, as it is not powered. It just that RT series speakers are getting old but not yet been attracted to by collectors. I love my RT16's and would not get rid of them for the price I would get out of them. It seems the two most popular RT's are the 55i and 800i.
    System:
    Samsung LN46C630
    Receiver: Yamaha RX-V1
    DVD/Blu: Denon 2910/Playstation 3
    Front mains: RT16
    Front presence: F/X 500i
    Center: CS400
    Rear surrounds: RT1000p
    Rear center: RT7
    Subwoofer: PSW505 X 2

2 Channel
    Marantz 2252B
    Technics SL-Q2 turntable
    Kef Q50
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    edited March 2012
    If they are in good shape and working order $300 isn't a high price for 1700.00 retail speakers. Speakers are timeless except wear and tear. If they are in excellent condition I can't see not buying them.
    Try and find something new that even comes close to performance at $300 new. Not going to happen so in my eyes and logic , it's a great deal. I would buy probably around 500.00 for a stellar pair. After that I'd shy away due to age and replacement parts becoming harder to come by.
    At that point you can get into the newer models.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Beta
    edited March 2012
    Thanks guys. Much appreciated.