Stupid Question: Why are they called "5-way" binding posts?

Options
13»

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,050
    Options
    "Standard spacing" (0.75") of banana jacks is a bit of a sore subject in much of the world. The UK's old 2-pin mains connectors were interchangeable enough with dual bananas as to incur the wrath of the EU.
    Of course, the UK ain't part of the EU no mo', but 0.75" banana jack spacing on modern componentry is rare indeed. :|

51737524038_d7dcf0c92e_b.jpg
    Ironically, the ELAC has it, Polk, not so much.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    The UK's old 2-pin mains connectors were interchangeable enough with dual bananas as to incur the wrath of the EU.
    That objection never made sense to me. So what, you plug the male end of a UK plug into a speaker and what happens? NOTHING!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    Options
    There's alot of dumb people in this world Jesse
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    I'm reporting all these insanely graphic sexually explicit posts. Enjoy your bans.

Lolol
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    The UK's old 2-pin mains connectors were interchangeable enough with dual bananas as to incur the wrath of the EU.
    That objection never made sense to me. So what, you plug the male end of a UK plug into a speaker and what happens? NOTHING!!!

I wonder if there were people who would plug the other end of the speaker cable into a power outlet...
    I disabled signatures.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    Options
    that sounds like a youtube channel
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.