2 Fast 2 Furious...

Options
Grimster74
Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
edited October 2003 in Music & Movies
Has anyone seen this movie, is it worth the purchase or should I just borrow my dads copy and watch it. See fella's, my dad owns 650+ DVD's and thats no joke. Every Tuesday pops is at BB buying movie's, it's the damnest thing I tell ya. Told him he needs to get a different hobby.
Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
Post edited by Grimster74 on

Comments

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Why would you ever buy a DVD?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2003
    Options
    What would you suggest he do instead? Stuff em' down his trousers and run stiff-arm through the exit door?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited October 2003
    Options
    I bought it blind purchase,,, We watched it last night and loved it.. great sound, bass.. we had the first one and knew i wanted this one as well.. we dont buy every DVD.. but ones that are a series or just plain good we buy.. I would watch it again.. the first one i watched several times... Cool movie, cool cars.. this movie has some muscle cars this time around.. very cool
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    What would you suggest he do instead? Stuff em' down his trousers and run stiff-arm through the exit door?
    Yes, but at Dad's....
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Ahhhhhh....
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Rented it last night -
    The sound is insane. Had to turn my reciever down by 15%. I think I losened the foundation with this one. One of the Helicopter scenes the sound goes across the front, to the left surround and into the rear - flawless. Nice cars - excited to see my Eclipse in da house. Actually i'm thinking Mit dropped some bank to show off the Lancer EVO and the Eclipse.
    Picture seemed grainy at times - color was excellent. Movie seemed to just get tired after the second half. Lots of eye candy.
    Movie ***1/2 Fun
    Sound ****1/2
    Picture***1/2
  • Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited October 2003
    Options
    That's a supercharged Eclipse, notice the blow off valve sound when he shifts and such ;)

I was thinking about picking it up, as it's much better than the first one, but then I thought about the Chemical Brothers DVD that I need to pick up ;)
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited October 2003
    Options
    I will buy it. It wouldn't suprise me if Mitsubishi dropped some funding for the movie....NOS did for the first one, which is filled with NOS references throughout....thats so ****. I figure if I bought ****, which was pathetic, how could I not buy this one :)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,061
    edited October 2003
    Options
    I own and I will say it wasn't terrible.Not as good as the first,most aren't.

It might give the feel of a rushed a bit movie.....but It's fine.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • dlew308
    dlew308 Posts: 530
    edited October 2003
    Options
    i miss my turbo charged honda prelude
    the sound of the blow off, pffffffffffffffffffffft
    priceless....
    now the import scene is a bigger joke then ever
  • ntculenuff
    ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
    edited October 2003
    Options
    definitly didnt watch it for the acting..
    cool to watch and HEAR the cars...
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
    OPPO BDP-103 Bluray
    Directv x's 2
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by scottvamp
    Movie seemed to just get tired after the second half. Lots of eye candy.

would the eyecandy be the cars of the fact that there are probably hot barely dressed chicks running around all the time???
    Hell if it's the second reason i might pick it up ;D don't much go for sport import myself i prefer american muscle; what muscle cars did they have in it?? personally i'd love to have a roadrunner superbird with the 440, that's a car you could have fun with

MOPAR!!
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Dlew - Why did you have to go and mention the Prelude again....now I am sad also. :(
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.