Monitor Series R/L12 22500?

Options
Calum
Calum Posts: 3
edited September 2003 in Troubleshooting
Hello everyone, nice forum you have here.

Well I just picked up a set of Monitor Series R/L 12 22500. They sound pretty good except the previous owner allowed his teenage son to use them. So they're going to need new woofers. :rolleyes: I'm in need of a part number, if anyone knows it. They have a 12'' woofer, two 6'' ~ 6.5'' midbass drivers and a soft dome tweeter mounted on top of the box infront of a very impressive looking crossover. I would also like to know if these speakers are worth anything. My present setup is quit good and I don't need these speakers, but seeing as they were free and I'm a pack rat, I couldn't pass up the deal.

Thanks for any help
Calum
Post edited by Calum on

Comments

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Calum,

Thanks and welcome to our home...

Mon 12's... don't see them everyday around here. Here's the link to them in the "Library", in case you've not found it...
    http://www.polkaudio.com/home/products.php?category=3&speaker=278&vintage=1

Let me be the first to say, they're junk, not worth repairing and send them to me... :D

Actually there are a few other Polk historians that'll undoubtably be along with the same advice, but more info on the significance and value of the 12's.

For troubleshooting and repair info contact our Mr. Ken Swaugger of Polk CS:

Customer Service by Phone
    Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM Eastern (US) Time
    From the US and Canada call (800) 377-7655
    From outside of the US and Canada call (410) 358-3600

Customer Service Reps:
    Ken Swauger - extension 891
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Welcome again. :)

Yes they are a rare speaker, as far as seeing them physically. Nice speaker, increased bass response over the allready outstanding Mon10(A/B)...free is the key. Have fun.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Calum
    Calum Posts: 3
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Thanks for the info guys. But unfortunatly I will out of the country for the next month. Does anyone know if Mr. Swauger has an email address that I could reach him at.
    Aside from that, if anyone wants to make a reasonable offer to buy the speakers, fixed of not, I am more than willing to sell these speakers. Just keep in mind, they will be shiped from Halifax, Nova Scotia. I've tested them, and other than the woofer in the right channel that wasn't allowed to cool properly after some extened hard use, they sound very good.
    Later
    Calum
  • dcarlson
    dcarlson Posts: 1,740
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Calum,

Send me an email. I might be interested. What's the cost on a new woofer?

dcarlson@vianet.on.ca

Derick.
    SDA-2a, Anthem Pre-2L, Anthem Amp 1, MF A324 DAC, Rotel RCD1070

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited September 2003
    Options
    dc,
    Give Ken a call on the mid-woofers.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD