M1.4s spade connectors to receiver connection

Options
malikarshad
malikarshad Posts: 527
I recently bought M1.4s biwire cable for my Rti70. The M1.4s are terminated with spade connectors on both sides. I tried connecting the cable to my receiver & its was a bumper. I have a denon avr-3803 receiver & its takes only banana or flex pin connectors. I cannot connect the spade connectors.
I tried using the monster masterpin with banana locks but the base of spade connector on M1.4s is too narrow & it didn't fit the masterpin.
I saw monster X-terminator banana plugs http://www.monstercable.com/productPage.asp?pin=606
but i'm not sure whether this will fit the spade connectors of M1.4s.
Pleaseeeeee, I really need help. Can somebody let me know what connectors should i use for the spade connectors on M1.4s?

Speakers=>Salk Soundscape 8, Soundscape Center,Surrounds-Dali Rubicon LCR, Lsi7
PreAmp, Amp => Marantz AV8801, ATI 6007 amp, Oppo HA-1 DAC
Source => Sonore MicroRendu, Oppo BDP-103, Mede8er 600XD, Dune HD Smart D1, Synology DS1813+(16TB)
Sub - JTR Captivator S2 (Dual 18")
Power - Furman IT-Ref20i on dedicated 30Amp circuit with Furutech GTX-R outlet
Screen=> JVC RS-45 projector Da-Lite HP 133" 2.35
Post edited by malikarshad on

Comments

• Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Weird! I thought the denon had 5 way binding posts.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited September 2003
    Options
    The spade connectors unscrew and they also accept banana plugs, purchased separately. Great wire choice - I really like mine.
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • malikarshad
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by Dr. Spec
    The spade connectors unscrew and they also accept banana plugs, purchased separately. Great wire choice - I really like mine.

The terminator cannot be unscrewed. They are the fixed ones that cannot be unscrewed. I tried with the monster Qlock MasterPin but those are too wide for the space connectors on M1.4s. I'm really stuck here.
    Guess I have following options
    1. Sell it on ebay & buy the one that has proper terminators.
    2. Buy a amplifier that will take the spade connectors.
    3. Remove the spade connectors and put banana connectors. (least preferable).

Can somebody let me know what other alternative I have.
    Thanx

Source => Sonore MicroRendu, Oppo BDP-103, Mede8er 600XD, Dune HD Smart D1, Synology DS1813+(16TB)
  • malikarshad
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Check out the spade connectors on M1.4s that goes to the receiver and you'll have the idea what i'm talking about.

Would really appreciate your help.

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Re-terminate it with whatever you need - simple, easy, done.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • malikarshad
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Would the given terminators fit the spade connectors on my M1.4s. I don't have any local dealers that sell this type of connectors and they are pricey too. $30 for a single pair.

Please let me know guys....

• RuSsMaN
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Quit trying to MacGuyver em' up.

Re-terminate with nanners or pins, whatever will work for you! It's just speaker wire, don't be scared of it.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • malikarshad
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Russ my main concern is that the factory installed space connectors are done professionally. If i remove them would it lose the time correction or whatever stuff monster site states on their website. I'm not too technical on the speaker wire stuff. Well I have done all my HT wiring with monster CL3 14 guage wire with NXG banana connectors so I'm not very naive.
    Usually i avoid tempering with factory installed components but in this case I have to do some modifications myself.
    Thanx for your response.
    If somebody has any other elegant solution please let me know.

• faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Use Monster locks, cut off those ugly connectors and screw down some monster locks, done deal..
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • malikarshad
    edited September 2003
    Options
    That's exactly the way its setup currently but I got into this problem when I got the M1.4s. I didn't pay attention when buying it. The seller told me that there are spade connectors and I assumed that my Denon Avr-3803 takes spade connectors.

Has somebody used the monster X-terminator connectors http://www.monstercable.com/productPage.asp?pin=606
    with the spade connectors here in this forum?

• RuSsMaN
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Time Correction in the way it was *crimped*?

I'm out on this one, $6 worth of new bananas, a little heatshrink (solder if you dont want to crimp), and your golden.

-R
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited September 2003
    Options
    You are not going to lose anything with re-terminating. "Time Correct" is just theory that can work either way, positive or negative, who cares, just put new ends on.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • malikarshad
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Alright guys I'll try to re-terminate it with the banana plugs & be happy.
    Thanks for your advice

• faster100
    edited September 2003
    Options
    If interested, i hooked another member up also.. I should be able to get packs of 4 of those monster locks for 12.00 each.. instead of the 19.99 + tax at CC
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • criverajr
    criverajr Posts: 1,675
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Malik,

Before you reterminated I would ask a member like Dr. Spec to see if his receiver which is the same as your has 5 way binding post. I know this is a stupid reponse but I went on the Denon site and the back panel photo looks like the reciever has 5 way binding post, I could be wrong but it's worth a try. Maybe Dr. Spec can chime in or some of the others who are getting this reciever with that great deal from 6th Avenue Electronics.

CRj:confused:
  • Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited September 2003
    Options
    The M1.4 I bought from Mantis has banana plugs on the AVR end, and interchangeable connectors on the speaker end.

I'm using spades on the speaker end.

I never encountered the problem you have, but I agree that banana plugs are the only WTG at the AVR end.

Doc
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • malikarshad
    edited September 2003
    Options
    QUOTE]Originally posted by faster100
    If interested, i hooked another member up also.. I should be able to get packs of 4 of those monster locks for 12.00 each.. instead of the 19.99 + tax at CC [/QUOTE]
    Hey that would be great. Can u hook me up with that person. Thanx

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Faster meant himself....I am sure he will get you square.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • faster100
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by dorokusai
    Faster meant himself....I am sure he will get you square.

that is correct doro, thanks .... I will check and get back tomorrow or friday... e-mail me and remind me so i have a reference how many you need and what? banana's... spades, of the monster locks as i pictured above.. somewhere.. LOL
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • acdds
    acdds Posts: 253
    edited September 2003
    Options
    I just got a 3803 from 6th Ave and I could not get a radio Shack gold plated spade connector into the binding post. I couldn't do it on my 2803 either.
    Receiver = Denon AVR-3803
    DVD = Denon DV-2900
    Fronts = SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    (Carver m1.5t)
    Center = CSi40
    Side surrounds = Fxi30's
    Sony 12" sub
    TV = Hitachi 57F500

Bedroom rig:
    Pioneer SX-1050 receiver
    Rti38's
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    edited September 2003
    Options
    While I highly recommend MIT cables, since you already have Monster check out MIT's ICONN connector options at http://www.mitcables.com/products/

They can be used on any cable, have a larger selection to choose from and are of better quality. You even have a choice of solder type bases or crimp type, I recommend the solder type.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Those wires don't look like M1.4s.M1.4s have monster lock ends.Which means they are terminated with pins with the ability to screw on different ends over the pin.It's theaded.Your ends do not look like Monster ends.

Just cut the damn things and re terminate.If you feel uncomfortable doing so,stop buy your local Tweeter and someone will reterminate for you.........

Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • malikarshad
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by mantis
    Those wires don't look like M1.4s.M1.4s have monster lock ends.Which means they are terminated with pins with the ability to screw on different ends over the pin.It's theaded.Your ends do not look like Monster ends.
    Dan

Mantis these are M1.4s cables. They come in two types, one that u mentioned and unfortunately the one i have come in spade terminators. I checked the monster site to verify it. The spade terminator says M2Series on it so i'm pretty sure that they are M1.4s.
    As far as the re-termination goes I'm gonna wait for a week to do it. I asked the cs at monster cable & they suggested me to use the Monster X-terminator connectors for this purpose. I ordered them last night so I'll wait for them. If they don't work then i'll reterminate those damn spade connectors.
    Thanx

• malikarshad
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Hey guys the monster X-terminator connector worked perfect for my situation. I don't have to reterminate it now.
    Thanks guys for your valuable opinions.
    Hey faster i'm still waiting for your reply on those monster banana plugs with master pins. Let me know if you can do it or not? else i'll buy retail.

• faster100
    edited September 2003
    Options
    I'm sorry i didn't get back sooner, i was waiting on the guy i buy from... I have been building a computer for my UPS lady and last night she picked it up. so i have been very busy.. Looks like i cant get any right now until he re-orders.. no eta.. sorry about that..
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp