In Wall Speaker wire

Options
miller28
miller28 Posts: 2
I need suggestions for moderately priced in-wall speaker wire for the FXi30's with runs of up to 40-50 ft. I am would like to use at least 14 gauge.

I am building a system with an Onkyo 501, Mitz 48" Proj TV, Polk RTi38's, CSi30, and FXi30's. I have the old monster 12 ga. for the front speakers.

The rest of my system includes a sony prog-scan DVD, PS2, monster power unit, and mostly monster interconnects. I am open to most suggestions but price is a consideration. Currently considering Ixos 14/2 and Monster S14. A good outlet for the purchase would also be helpful.

Thanks for the help!

Miller
Post edited by miller28 on

Comments

• dholmes
    dholmes Posts: 1,136
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Get on ebay, you will find great deals there on monster wire. Make sure that it is rated for in wall use,if not it could cause a fire!!
    My HT set-up Panasonic front proj, 120 in ws screen, ATI amp,Integra 9.8 pre-pro, 2 Polk rti150, cp 1000, 4 fx 1000, Pioneer blu-ray 2 SVS sub pb 12-ultra 2, & Paragon popcorn popper. ps 3 Coaster leather HT recliners.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Fire? Off of DC speaker wire? May well be possible, but that would surprise me.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    edited September 2003
    Options
    It's required by code my man,
    inwall wire needs to be CL rated.I would buy monsters custom 16 x 2 or 16 x 4 depending which are going to be rears.You could bi wire the rears with 16 x 4.OK the only other guage I would use with those speakers you currently own would be 14 guage.14 x 2 or 14 x 4 depending on bi wire or not.

Think CL my man CL is the name of the game.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by Tour2ma
    Fire? Off of DC speaker wire? May well be possible, but that would surprise me.

Code, schmode.....get whatever wire floats your boat and run with it.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited September 2003
    Options
    WAAAAAAAAAAAA...

Sitting here hoping my local inspector isn't a member... :D If he is, I've got about 300' of trouble and climbing...

False beams can come in handy...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD