Help: Upgrading my System. (Adding a new MM12)

Options
2»

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited September 2003
    Options
    400x is old (not old old, btu a fwe years old) i think...

600 something was the old version of the 2000x a few years ago.

anyway... "2 ohm stable per channel" -- that means that its 4 ohm stable bridged - regardless of what the seller says.

when you run an amp bridged, each channel is "seeing" half of the impedance of the bridge... so if you run a 4 ohm speaker on a bridged amp - the right channel sees 2 ohms and the left sees 2 ohms.

just how it works.

and as long as usamps hasn't changed their nomenclature in the last few years -- the X's are 4 ohm bridge models.

for example -- the USA-1000 (1000(a)) is 1000 x 1 at 2 ohms bridged (1 ohm stable per channel) but the USA-1000X is 1000 x 1 at 4 ohms bridged (2 ohm stable per channel).

i do not reccomend running that amp at 2 ohms bridged, nor do i believe it will do 1500 watts.

if it is the predecessor of the 1000 then it will most likely fall into the range of the 1000 -- unless its been modified (As many usamps products can be modified to put out nearly double the labeled rms) however he said its brand new - never touched... so its doing more like 1150 - 1300 depending on how lucky you get -- and thats a 4 ohms bridged and 14 volts.

she go "cooky cooky" if you drop it to 2 -- they suck an assload of current and if you're going to squeak full power out of it at a low impedance then you're getting the smoked amp you'd deserve for doing that.

however -- usamps is a pimp manufacturer, all their amps have plexi bottoms, and they're built like tanks.

a USA-1000 which is what you'd want will run you about 450-ish on ebay --- maybe a smidge more of less. but that's my rough call for shipped to your door cost.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited September 2003
    Options
    How`bout the Infinity Beta 300 digital amps... now that's power right there and then some :)
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • happy_aggies
    happy_aggies Posts: 4
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Infiniti 300 is 300x2. Below the MM12 rating that is 500 watts.
    Thanks for suggestion tho...

I'll start researching on the amps till my MM12 broken in. :)
    '99 Autumn Red Solara SE Auto S/C 1MZ-FE w/ JIC Exhaust
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/happy_aggies
  • jobjohnny
    jobjohnny Posts: 2
    edited September 2003
    Options
    How would a Sony XM-D1000P5 do for a single mm12? They claim it gives 500 RMS @4 ohms and is Class D. Seems like a good choice to me, and its only about $180 on ebay!
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Sony guts! You buy now!

OK, enough of that.

How many times are people going to recommend the Sony crap? I thought it was already discussed in this thread too?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited September 2003
    Options
    SONY SUCKS CRAP
    for all of you that didnt know already
    if you say "well theyre cheap to buy for ppl who cant afford the higher end stuff"
    well you find a lot better stuff for the same price or cheaper
    if you like sony...great....buy a playstation
    dont buy their car audio crap
    -Cody
  • happy_aggies
    happy_aggies Posts: 4
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Does anyone knows 2000 watts Mono amp that 1 ohm stable?

Something like this (is this a good amp btw?):
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3050265697

I figure that would be perfect to run 2 MM12,
    as well as 3 MM12 for future upgrade. :D
    '99 Autumn Red Solara SE Auto S/C 1MZ-FE w/ JIC Exhaust
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/happy_aggies
  • C-Man
    C-Man Posts: 307
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Did you end up buying that amp?
    "The Big C"
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited October 2003
    Options
    if u want a 1 ohm stable amp for 2 momos and dont wanna spend much cash - do the hinfonics brutus bx1500D or whatever its called -- its 1500 x 1 into 1 ohm which would give you like 375 per sub and its cheap.... i forget the price, but its less than i spent on the last headunit i bought retail.

if you wanna spend a smidge more money and go with two amps... get two mtx 81000d's -- they're 279 each on ebay right now... that's 1500 x 1 at 2 ohms plus 1500 x 1 at 2 ohms -- 750 watts per sub.. for about 550 bucks.

or... if you want a real 2000 x 1 at 1 ohm - USamps 2000... 2k x 1 at 1 ohm and its clean as hell, puts the class D's to utter shame... costs about a grand though on ebay.

you're not going to find anything that's more "watt for the dollar" than hifonics on sounddomain.com right now.

you're never going to find a 2000 watt amp for 200 bucks... it will not happen, period. if you do - its a lie, a piece of junk, or in some other manner a scam.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge