13»

Comments

• DON73
    DON73 Posts: 516
    edited July 2011
    Options
    saemark30 wrote: »
    It must not be working properly.
    I search for RD0-194 and RDO-194 with no hits.

The search function here that so many praise is not all it's cracked up to be. RDO-194 is in this thread many times and a search will not turn up any matches.
    TO ERR IS HUMAN. TO FORGIVE IS CANINE.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I don't believe it's ever been praised just mentioned that its useful to use for subjects that have been extensively talked about previously.

It helps if you know how to use it since its not like most search engines and requires the use of the * to hit 3 letter subjects. It's also odd to use in other ways but that's something you'll have to learn to mess with. It's pretty much universally hated amongst the active forum members, let alone new folks.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • comfortablycurt
    comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
    edited July 2011
    Options
    DON73 wrote: »
    The search function here that so many praise is not all it's cracked up to be. RDO-194 is in this thread many times and a search will not turn up any matches.

Whenever I'm searching Club Polk, I just use google. If you're searching for RD0-194's, just go to google, type in "RD0-194" followed by Club Polk. Then it will bring up all posts about RD0-194's in the Club Polk forums. This method works MUCH better than trying to use the flaky built in search system in my experience.
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
  • inspiredsports
    inspiredsports Posts: 5,501
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Whenever I'm searching Club Polk, I just use google. If you're searching for RD0-194's, just go to google, type in "RD0-194" followed by Club Polk. Then it will bring up all posts about RD0-194's in the Club Polk forums. This method works MUCH better than trying to use the flaky built in search system in my experience.

+1 to that

Even better, use the "site:" feature google provides to limit returns just to the site you type after the colon.

RDO-194 site:polkaudio.com
    VTL ST50 w/mods / RCA6L6GC / TlfnknECC801S
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 w/mods
    TT Conrad Johnson Sonographe SG3 Oak / Sumiko LMT / Grado Woodbody Platinum / Sumiko PIB2 / The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro/ Bada DD-22 Tube CDP / Conrad Johnson SD-22 CDP
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020 / Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9 / Vibrapods / MIT Shotgun AC1 IEC's / MIT Shotgun 2 IC's / MIT Shotgun 2 Speaker Cables
    PS Audio Cryo / PowerPort Premium Outlets / Exact Power EP15A Conditioner
    Walnut SDA 2B TL /Oak SDA SRS II TL (Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Custom SDA ICs / Dynamat Extreme / Larry's Rings/ FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    edited July 2011
    Options
    No way! That's excellent...
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • DON73
    DON73 Posts: 516
    edited July 2011
    Options
    dorokusai wrote: »
    I don't believe it's ever been praised just mentioned that its useful to use for subjects that have been extensively talked about previously.

It helps if you know how to use it since its not like most search engines and requires the use of the * to hit 3 letter subjects. It's also odd to use in other ways but that's something you'll have to learn to mess with. It's pretty much universally hated amongst the active forum members, let alone new folks.

There must be at least a hundred posts in which RDO 194s are mentioned but yesterday I did 4 searches and came up with nothing. Very often the same members reply to a post in a very rude manner telling the poster to do a search. Those of you that know of ways to do a search such as the two that have been mentioned here please share. Thanks doro, inspired and curt for posting that info.
    TO ERR IS HUMAN. TO FORGIVE IS CANINE.
  • Crashdot
    Crashdot Posts: 182
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Many forums, probably including this one, have been arbitrarily designed to ignore search terms of three characters or less. This is extremely annoying, since many distinguising terms such as RD0 and 194 are three characters. Similarly RD0-194 yields no results (even in quotes) but RD0194 does find some. I'm not sure why the convention seems to be that short strings are not meaninful, but that seems to be the state of things.

The google search option does take into account three character search terms such as:

rd0 194 site:polkaudio.com

Cheers
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited July 2011
    Options
    RD-0194 is the actual part number. It's often listed incorrectly.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ok I am sold. So where can I get a pair of these RD-0194 tweeters?
  • nspindel
    edited July 2011
    Options
    A company called Polk makes them. In fact, as circumstance would have it, their phone number is right at the top of this page....:tongue:
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • deronb1
    edited July 2011
    Options
    funny....I read that they were not in production any more. Would it be a special order and a lot of money?
  • nspindel
    edited July 2011
    Options
    SL2000's are not in production any more. Call customer service during business hours, mention that you are a Club Polk member. They will be $48 each. FYI, you can get the drivers from them as well, same price. Only thing they're not making replacements for is the passive radiator.
  • deronb1
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Great! The tweeters are going to go in RTA 8Ts. Do you know if it will just be a plug and play or will I have to modify the cabinets at all?
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,910
    edited July 2011
    Options
    They will be plug and play.
  • deronb1
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Awsome! Thanks fellas
  • saemark30
    saemark30 Posts: 146
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Is RD-0194 officially a letter O or Zero?
  • Joe08867
    Joe08867 Posts: 3,919
    edited July 2011
    Options
    RD-0194 The 0 is a number not a letter. And that is the way it is written. Like Doro stated above.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    edited August 2011
    Options
    nspindel wrote: »
    A company called Polk makes them. In fact, as circumstance would have it, their phone number is right at the top of this page....:tongue:

This looks like a signature line for sure..:biggrin:

some things in life are fixed sooo easy:wink:
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.