Ex Denon PMA 2000R integrated amp with remote

Options
geppy1
geppy1 Posts: 3,071
edited May 2011 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Excellent and highly reviewed Denon PMA 2000R with remote control. This is a wonderful amp and was Stereophile Recommended Components list for years. Also many great consumer reviews can found on the audio reviews site. In great shape with one little ding on the top cover. Everything works perfectly. Includes a copy of the owners manual, detachable power cord, and the ORIGINAL remote which is almost always missing with these. Very heavy but will be packed well and insured. Check my feedback, I also have the matching TU1500 RDS tuner for sale. Asking $475 Thanks,Keith
Post edited by geppy1 on

Comments

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,399
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If I remember right these have a pretty nice moving coil/moving magnet phono preamp built in too. I'm not in the market for one now, but good luck with the sale.
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,882
    edited May 2011
    Options
    is this the pma-2000IVR or pma-2000R ? you show both model numbers in your pic.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited May 2011
    Options
    That's a very nice integrated amplifier.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,055
    edited May 2011
    Options
    marvda1 wrote: »
    is this the pma-2000IVR or pma-2000R ? you show both model numbers in your pic.

Not to thread jack, but the unit is the 2000R. The manual is the 2000IVR.

I have one of these and totally pleased with the sound and build quality. Take a look at the inside of this beast...
  • dorokusai
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I owned the mono block versions as well and they're quite robust for the time.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • megasat16
    megasat16 Posts: 3,521
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Doro,

Which mono block you owned? The 6600(a) or 4400 or 8000 or S1?

Denon makes some real nice amps and Denon bass is unparalleled even when put up against the Big Boys.

If i don't have Pioneer A-91D, I would take a Denon Integrated in a heartbeat.

Good Luck with the sales.
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone. :redface::biggrin:
  • dorokusai
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The 4400 Mega.
  • texaspeet
    texaspeet Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I want to buy but am new and cannot send a PM. You can reach me at texaspeets@gmail.com.
  • geppy1
    edited May 2011
    Options
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,055
    edited May 2011
    Options
    geppy1...what did you not like about this amp? Just curious. Thanks!
  • geppy1
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Money issues are non stop I get something then have to get rid of it. it is a great amp. The only negative is exactly what I remember from 8 years ago when i listened to one and what Stereophile said about it. It can come off as alittle uninvolving and rolled off. It has a dynamic sound but sounds rounded off so it seems slighlty soft. Not very immediate. Huge stage and never harsh.