Midwest/Indiana Members meet #2

Options
124»

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    edited May 2011
    Options
    You have to promise not to hate me, but I wouldnt mind hearing the Carver Tube CD player and the 5JR's. I am going to assume we can use John's pre so no need to bring your NAD unless you want to (or John wants you to lol)
    indyhawg wrote: »
    CD: Carver Tube
    Speakers: Polk 5Jr
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • EndersShadow
    edited May 2011
    Options
    So just an FYI guys I keep **** up the month of the meet lol....So if I say April, I mean May lol..... time's been flying by here for me. Apologies all around.....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • EndersShadow
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Anyone else going to post what gear they have or are planning to bring on Sunday?
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It is with great regret that I must cancel the meet at my home this weekend. My mother is in the hospital now with acute double pneumonia, and heart problems caused by a massive infection in her lungs. at this time, her condition is stable but given her history, that could change... She came down to visit with us from Minnesota, so her being admitted to a strange hospital far from home has only complicated matters. Even if she is released from the hospital this week, she will be far to weak to allow for any type of gathering.

Please accept my appologies for cancelling at this late date...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • newrival
    newrival Posts: 2,017
    edited May 2011
    Options
    John, many prayers and thoughts out to your mother, you, and your family. It seems like it's been a wild month for you and hope everything works ot and she recovers quickly. I'm sure everyone understands. All this junk doesnt matter when t comes down to your health and the helth of loved ones. good luck buddy
    design is where science and art break even.
  • EndersShadow
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Please accept my appologies for cancelling at this late date...

John no apologies needed, not for something like that. Your moms health is much more important and shouldnt be taken lightly at all. Nothing but well wishes for a speedy recovery on her part and a easy move.

If there is still interest in doing this just on a different date I can look into the clubhouse at my apartment complex. I just need some dates to check with them. I am in Indianapolis near the 865 465 junction.

Let me know.

John let me know whens the best time for me to pick up those panels so you have one less thing to move.
  • byfthalone
    byfthalone Posts: 345
    edited May 2011
    Options
    my prayers are with your mom and you and your family as well...
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,637
    edited May 2011
    Options
    John---no problem. Hoping your mother gets better very soon.