Midwest/Indiana Members meet #2

Options

Comments

• indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,637
    edited April 2011
    Options
    dcmartinpc wrote: »
    I am actually trying to keep these off of craigslist if I can. I am almost to the point of putting them up there though. I won't have anyone but known Polkies with a good rep in my house though, I can tell you that :) Meeting in a brightly lit parking lot is the only way to go!

I understand you trying to keep the trolls and lowballers from CL out of your house. A few months back I had a guy go psyco on me at my house over a turntable I was selling. Ever since that day, I make sure my 9mm is very, very close by.
  • dcmartinpc
    dcmartinpc Posts: 844
    edited April 2011
    Options
    indyhawg wrote: »
    I understand you trying to keep the trolls and lowballers from CL out of your house. A few months back I had a guy go psyco on me at my house over a turntable I was selling. Ever since that day, I make sure my 9mm is very, very close by.

I mean, you guys know what I have based on my signature, and inviting a complete stranger in my house for him to take inventory? No thanks! :) I have worked hard for my stuff, a buddy of mine was robbed selling his gear. No thanks!

I know I am impatient in selling my stuff because I really want to upgrade, but I would kinda like to see it all stay "in the family" :)

Don
    Living Room: Adcom GFP-750 (Upgraded), Squeezebox Touch, Oppo BDP-83, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Parasound HCA-3500 (Upgraded), SDA SRS 2 P/B (Gimpod, Sonicaps, & Mills)

Theater: Denon 4311ci, Oppo BDP-93, Parasound HCA-2205+HCA-2200II, Polk LSi9, LSiC, LSiFX, LSi7, Custom 18" TC Sounds sub with 2 18" PR, Sharp XV-Z12000, Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M (isf Enabled)

Bedroom: HK AVR354, Pioneer DV-47a, Parasound HCA-1500a, Polk LSi9
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    edited April 2011
    Options
    indyhawg wrote: »
    If the meeting is going to be on the 8th, I am definately out. I can only push the audio hobby so far with the wife. LOL. Any other time, I could probably make it.

Its ok, I know you will be there in spirit. I will try my hardest to do a good write up and take pics this time so you can read all about it lol.....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    edited April 2011
    Options
    would another date work better for anybody? The only date off the table for me is the 15th as my wife will be graduating from Purdue.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • EndersShadow
    edited April 2011
    Options
    would another date work better for anybody? The only date off the table for me is the 15th as my wife will be graduating from Purdue.

With the exception of the 1st (which the wife thought was Mothers day not the 8th) I should be fine. I will mention to the wife that the 8th is Mothers Day not the 1st and see what happens.....

Beyond that just about any Sunday works I believe.

Saturdays work for me, but not my wife, and I think John works Sat if I remember correctly.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • silvertuner
    silvertuner Posts: 496
    edited April 2011
    Options
    just pick a day dammit lol. i can work around my schedule and TRY to make it work. 3 things stop me. my son, ****, and billiards.... in that order... yeah its like that lol

some cheap free sony speakers
    psw125
    denon 1610
    3.1 channel because i hate cables ran across the living room like that
  • EndersShadow
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So the 8th isnt good for me for the Mothers Day issue lol...

So I can do any Sunday besides that one. So options are:

4/21 - no issues
    5/1 - no issues
    5/8 - Mothers Day (no go with Dan and Jeff)
    5/15 - no go with John
    5/22 - no issues

Feel free to quote and edit this if you are wanting to come, but some dates dont work for you....
  • nooshinjohn
    edited April 2011
    Options
    5/22
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • dcmartinpc
    edited April 2011
    Options
    5/22 works for me.

Don
    Living Room: Adcom GFP-750 (Upgraded), Squeezebox Touch, Oppo BDP-83, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Parasound HCA-3500 (Upgraded), SDA SRS 2 P/B (Gimpod, Sonicaps, & Mills)

Theater: Denon 4311ci, Oppo BDP-93, Parasound HCA-2205+HCA-2200II, Polk LSi9, LSiC, LSiFX, LSi7, Custom 18" TC Sounds sub with 2 18" PR, Sharp XV-Z12000, Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M (isf Enabled)

• EndersShadow
    edited April 2011
    Options
    5/22

5/22 works, or doesnt?

4/21 - Works for Dan
    5/1 - Works for Dan
    5/15 - no go with John
    5/22 - Works for Dan, John, Don
  • nooshinjohn
    edited April 2011
    Options
    5/22 works, or doesnt?

Works perfectly.:tongue:

Any later than this and my stuff will be in boxes.:eek::frown:

• EndersShadow
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Works perfectly.:tongue:

Any later than this and my stuff will be in boxes.:eek::frown:

lol..would offer to help pack the truck, but some of the boxes might disappear into my Jetta that way :eek: lol... jk :tongue::wink:
  • indyhawg
    edited April 2011
    Options
    just pick a day dammit lol. i can work around my schedule and TRY to make it work. 3 things stop me. my son, ****, and billiards.... in that order... yeah its like that lol

Glad to see you have your priorities in order...LOL
  • EndersShadow
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So I lied...I am a horrible brother and forgot we are celebrating my sisters bday on the 22nd. However if that is the general consensus on the date I wont cry too hard (unless there are LSiM's there :smile:)

4/21 - Works for Dan
    5/1 - Works for Dan
    5/15 - no go with John
    5/22 - Works for John, Don Doesnt for Dan
  • nooshinjohn
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So I lied...I am a horrible brother and forgot we are celebrating my sisters bday on the 22nd. However if that is the general consensus on the date I wont cry too hard (unless there are LSiM's there :smile:)

4/21 - Works for Dan
    5/1 - Works for Dan
    5/15 - no go with John

Celebrate on the 21st instead... problem solved.:wink:

• EndersShadow
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Celebrate on the 21st instead... problem solved.:wink:

Wish it was that easy lol, she works Saturdays and she wants us to all help her do yardwork for her birthday present lol.....

Like I said if I am the odd man out its no biggie, I will get over it.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You NEED to be here bro... won't be the same without you.

• dcmartinpc
    edited April 2011
    Options
    5/1 is the only date that doesn't work or me. Other than that I am flexible.

• EndersShadow
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You NEED to be here bro... won't be the same without you.

Hehe, trust me I want to show up again, I had a total blast, that and regardless I need to get our transaction finished lol. That and I am sure the wife would enjoy getting to listen to more Beatles vinyl on the Maggies, and play with your cat and converse about non audio things :eek: with your wife lol....
    5/1 is the only date that doesn't work or me. Other than that I am flexible.

Updated to reflect that:

4/21 - Works for Dan, Don, John
    5/1 - Works for Dan, John Doesnt work for Don
    5/15 - no go with John so the rest of us dont matter :wink:

Anyone else planning on coming, update this list with dates that Do or Do Not work for you
  • EndersShadow
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So my wife just informed me the 1st is my best friends engagement party. So basically looks like unless its next weekend its not going to work for me.

Updated list:

4/21 - Works for Don, John Doesnt work for Dan
    5/15 - no go with John so the rest of us dont matter :wink:

Anyone else planning on coming, update this list with dates that Do or Do Not work for you
  • dcmartinpc
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Had something come up on the May 22... So we are all getting more limited :)

4/21 - Is this date wrong? A Thursday? Works for Don?, John Doesnt work for Dan
    5/15 - no go with John so the rest of us dont matter
    5/22 - Works for John, Doesnt for Dan and Don

So.. assuming the 21st is incorrect, looks like the 8th is the only day that works for me...

Don

• EndersShadow
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Had something come up on the May 22... So we are all getting more limited :)

Updated the list again with the correct date of that Sunday lol..... Saturdays also work for me, just as an FYI, forget if they work for John or not....

4/24 - Works for Don?, John Doesnt work for Dan
    5/22 - Works for John, Doesnt for Dan and Don
  • EndersShadow
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Got my sis to move her Bday party to the 15th since thats a definate no go....

New updated list:

4/24 - Works for Don?, John Doesnt work for Dan
    5/22 - Works for John, Dan Doesnt for Don
  • dcmartinpc
    edited April 2011
    Options
    OK, Plans changed for the 22nd! So it is a go now for me!!!

4/24 - Works for John, Doesnt work for Dan and Don
    5/22 - Works for John, Dan, and Don

Shall we call it for the 22nd and set the date???

Don

• nooshinjohn
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Consider it set....

• EndersShadow
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Consider it set....

That date works and makes me happy in soo many ways you dont even know :wink:

So its looking like

Date: Sunday May 22nd
    Time: 10-6 (John let me know if thats too long or not)
    RSVP'd Attendee's: John, Dan & Tasha (his wife), Don

Possible Shows: Jeff (IndyHawg), Matt (SilverTuner), ????
  • silvertuner
    silvertuner Posts: 496
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Matt (silvertuner) will be a no-show to this. cant break away right now, not until this house sells and get the job situation under control

some cheap free sony speakers
    psw125
    denon 1610
    3.1 channel because i hate cables ran across the living room like that
  • nooshinjohn
    edited April 2011
    Options
    That date works and makes me happy in soo many ways you dont even know :wink:

So its looking like

RSVP'd Attendee's: John, Dan & Tasha (his wife), Don

Possible Shows: Jeff (IndyHawg), Matt (SilverTuner), ????

Add Mike (solidsqual) to the list... Anybody that wants to come from surrounding states are more than welcome, including you H9.:tongue:

I will be opening this up to my Carver forums as well.

• EndersShadow
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Add Mike (solidsqual) to the list... Anybody that wants to come from surrounding states are more than welcome, including you H9.:tongue:

I will be opening this up to my Carver forums as well.
    Matt (silvertuner) will be a no-show to this. cant break away right now, not until this house sells and get the job situation under control

Updated list:

RSVP'd Attendee's: John (NooshinJohn), Dan (EndersShadow) & Tasha (his wife), Don (dcmartinpc), Mike (SolidSqual)

Possible Shows: Jeff (IndyHawg), ????

Out: Matt (SilverTuner)
  • indyhawg
    edited April 2011
    Options