LSi15 spike screw reservoir came out

Options
jesse_dyer
jesse_dyer Posts: 10
edited August 2003 in Troubleshooting
I recently bought a pair of demo LSi 15s from a dealer (with full warranty, however). I didn't notice ahead of time, but 1 of the 4 holes in the base of the speaker where the spikes screw into had fallen out. I attempted to screw in the first of the remaining 3 locations, and whatever was embedded into the mdf to hold the spike came out. Is there any way to get that fixed?
Post edited by jesse_dyer on

Comments

• cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited August 2003
    Options
    First of all I would give polk a call and explain the situation. I just had a co-worker have the exact same issue with 2 Rti70's and they sent him all new bases at no charge. He was however talking directly to a polk rep so that may have had something to do with it.

If that doesn't get you anywhere, and if you still have the piece, you can probably reinsert it and use some heavy epoxy to make it stick.

That's my 2 cents worth.
    Hope it does you some good.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Hello Jesse,
    If you'll email me at kswauger@polkaudio.com and give me your address I can send a replacement speaker base, at no charge. Are the feet okay?
    Regards, Ken Swauger
  • TonyPTX
    TonyPTX Posts: 545
    edited August 2003
    Options
    I love this forum.....man and I love the customer support too... It's gonna be hard for me to move to another brand of speakers. (Not that I was planning too :D )
    Damn....8 lines...I've gotta put my sig on a diet now....