F/X Wireless Surround

Options
vfash
vfash Posts: 7
edited March 2011 in Troubleshooting
I have the F/X wireless surround bar. It is about 9 feet from the receiver, behind two chairs on the floor. It sounds great, but is still sounds like it is coming from the floor. Shouldn't the sound be more diffused?
Post edited by vfash on

Comments

• vfash
    edited March 2011
    Options
    According to the forum description, this is a direct line to Polk audio customer service. I can't believe nobody at Polk knows the answer to this question.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,648
    edited March 2011
    Options
    vfash wrote: »
    According to the forum description, this is a direct line to Polk audio customer service. I can't believe nobody at Polk knows the answer to this question.

This is NOT the direct line to PCS. That # can be found at the top right corner of this page. The FX wireless is pretty new. Not may of us have experience with it, at least I don't.
    Good luck and welcome to CP!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I also suggest calling as the best way to contact Polk.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• vfash
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Then maybe the line under the title "Troubleshooting" should be changed.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Dude, relax. They don't sit around all day waiting for someone to post a question in this section. They are busy answering phone calls.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• comfortablycurt
    comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
    edited March 2011
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Dude, relax. They don't sit around all day waiting for someone to post a question in this section. They are busy answering phone calls.

Exactly. If you want immediate service, call them. Yes, this is a direct line to Polk CS...but as F1 said, they aren't sitting at their keyboards 24/7 waiting for someone to post here.

As mentioned above, this is a very new product, and most of us here don't have any experience with it.
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
  • mysound
    Options
    There is a button on the bottom to select floor, table, or shelf. I would try that and see if you like one of those settings better.