Options

Comments

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,322
    edited February 2011
    Options
    tavogee wrote: »
    It must have good pier.

I know a girl that has a nice pier. I'll ask her for a peer review.

...okay, I fully acknowledge that I'm entertaining myself again, and am adding nothing constructive to the thread.
    Sal Palooza
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Ted’s rabbit hole is by invitation only. Enter without an invite and you will be dealt with summarily. It will be messy. Chuck Norris thinks Ted is a badass.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Ted's Rabbit Hole is something you don't forget anytime soon... After the experience that is.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I just wish I could find black paint...
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • tavogee
    tavogee Posts: 91
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Im typing with a cell phone, so some of the words were mispelled. Thanks NEWRIVAL for answering the two questions without all the drama provided by some of the other members. That is one reason that I do not like going on these forums, they want to humiliate you. Yes, perhaps I am not as smart on this subject as others but don't humiliate me, I would not humiliate you if you had questions regarding my profession. Some of us simply don't know that's why we seek advice. Members like you make this forum a place for humiliation not answers. GET A LIFE
    LIVING ROOM: Onkyo TX-NR808 Receiver | Emotiva XPA-5 Amplifier | Polk Dsw Pro 660wi Subwoofer | Polk RTi A9 Fronts | Polk CSi A6 Center | Polk FXi A6 Surrounds [5.1 Channel Setup]
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited February 2011
    Options
    madmax wrote: »

I think Ted used all black paint with in 500 miles of his home, just for his Rabbit Hole. :eek:

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2011
    Options
    tavogee wrote:
    Thanks NEWRIVAL for answering the two questions without all the drama provided by some of the other members.

Except for the fact he is wrong. On this forum...The Rabbit Hole Rig is a reference to a specific member's two channel stereo setup...it is what he and the rest call it. AS YOU WERE TOLD several times!
    tavogee wrote:
    GET A LIFE

I have one thank you...and have no interest in yours. Off to the IL.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,368
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Ask Bugs.:biggrin:
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • JimAckley
    JimAckley Posts: 1,138
    edited February 2011
    Options
    madmax wrote: »

they found it in this thread!
    - Computer Rig -
    YAΘIN MS-20L, polkaudio RT5

- Main Rig -
    Pioneer SC-37, Overnight Sensations, Samsung 52" LCD

- Currently In Progress -
    Curt Campbell's Uluwatu LCR, LMS Ultra Gjallarhorn, JBL W15GTi stereo subs, 2.1 entertainment system for the gf
  • megasat16
    megasat16 Posts: 3,521
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Im typing with a cell phone, so some of the words were mispelled. Thanks NEWRIVAL for answering the two questions without all the drama provided by some of the other members. That is one reason that I do not like going on these forums, they want to humiliate you. Yes, perhaps I am not as smart on this subject as others but don't humiliate me, I would not humiliate you if you had questions regarding my profession. Some of us simply don't know that's why we seek advice. Members like you make this forum a place for humiliation not answers. GET A LIFE

A bit harsh, are we? IMO, no one has humiliated you except pointing out you what you've said.

Spelling errors are one thing but ignorant is another.

I think you understand no one has asked you to post, type and write a message from your cell phone while you are trying to multitask at the same time.

So, take your time and compose a message that makes sense to others so they can help you to answer your post.
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone. :redface::biggrin:
  • tavogee
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Its over "megasat16" . get over it
    LIVING ROOM: Onkyo TX-NR808 Receiver | Emotiva XPA-5 Amplifier | Polk Dsw Pro 660wi Subwoofer | Polk RTi A9 Fronts | Polk CSi A6 Center | Polk FXi A6 Surrounds [5.1 Channel Setup]
  • tavogee
    edited February 2011
    Options
    !i cant beleive this thing is still going!
  • megasat16
    megasat16 Posts: 3,521
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Its over "megasat16" . get over it

Gladly!
    !i cant beleive this thing is still going!

Me too! See your post above! An irony when the dove cry!
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone. :redface::biggrin:
  • vc69
    vc69 Posts: 2,500
    edited February 2011
    Options
    lollercatz
    -Kevin
    HT: Philips 52PFL7432D 52" LCD 1080p / Onkyo TX-SR 606 / Oppo BDP-83 SE / Comcast cable. (all HDMI)B&W 801 - Front, Polk CS350 LS - Center, Polk LS90 - Rear
    2 Channel:
    Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Squeezebox Touch
    Muscial Fidelity M1 DAC
    VTL 2.5
    McIntosh 2205 (refurbed)
    B&W 801's
    Transparent IC's
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    edited February 2011
    Options
    How old are you Tav ??
  • thsmith
    thsmith Posts: 6,082
    edited February 2011
    Options
    gdb wrote: »
    How old are you Tav ??

And what speakers do you have ?
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs
  • FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I like bunnies.
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    edited February 2011
    Options
    FTGV wrote: »
    I like bunnies.

They're real tasty stewed with shallots and Chablis !:wink:
  • jayman_1975
    jayman_1975 Posts: 672
    edited February 2011
    Options
    funny i have never seen one of these rabbit hole rigs for sale on ebay. Do you have to have 200wpc or is it a rabbit hole as long as its thx? :)
    Onkyo TX NR 5008 modified by The Upgrade Company
    Oppo BDP 93 modified by The Upgrade Company
    Arcam CD37
    Monitor Audio Gold GS 60
    Revolver Audio Music 5 towers.(surround)
    Vandersteen V2W
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Here is my daughters rabbit hole.
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • newrival
    newrival Posts: 2,017
    edited February 2011
    Options
    shack wrote: »
    Except for the fact he is wrong.

Even if I didn't realize that someones specific rig was given the moniker the"rabbit hole rig" that doesn't make any part of what I said wrong. In true fact, what I said is a overwhelmingly adopted literary analysis as well as an acurate representation of the use of the phrase "down the rabbit hole" within the forum. Now please, stop trying to put the c-block on my praise. :biggrin::wink: hahaha
    design is where science and art break even.
  • newrival
    newrival Posts: 2,017
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Here is my daughters rabbit hole.

the rabbit hole is on the other end, i believe :biggrin:
    design is where science and art break even.
  • tavogee
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Are you still at it "LET IT GO, IT'S OVER". I'll check back later, i hope this is over.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Tav,,who/what are you?
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • tavogee
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I am a dumb newbie trying to learn a few things about building a system. I had seen all over here and there, there and here the phrase "RABBITS RIG HOLE". All I wanted to know was what that meant, finally after all the flack someone explained it. Now that I know what it means, it wasn't worth asking. I tried to use the search feature so I wouldn't have to waste anyones time, but could not find the answer. That is why I asked, just a simple question, which like I said has already been explained. TAVO
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,578
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Tav, So what kind of equipment have you got now?
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • tavogee
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I have a setup in the living room, originally setup for surround sound. I do have my turntable, cd, cassette player connected also. The receiver is an onkyo tx-nr808, the speakers are all polk- rtia9's, csia6, fxia6. My sub is dswpro wi 660. I also have the receiver going to a emotiva xpa-5 amp. My plan is to setup another system for music only (another room). I do not have anything yet, but want a tube amp involved. I want it to sound better than my living room system.
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Here's Ted's Rabbit Hole Rig. Nice HT set-up BTW!

You might not know all the pieces in it...but google search is your friend.

RABBIT HOLE RIG
    BAT VK-31SE
    Wolcott Presence monoblock
    Antique Sound Lab DT Hurricane monoblock
    Musical Fidelity kW SACD
    Rega P25/RB600/Clearaudio Aurum Beta
    Acoustech Phono-Pre
    Sound Lab Millenium ELS
    BillyBags Rack
    MIT S1/3 cables
    Shunyata/PS Audio/Virtual Dynamics Power Cords

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • tavogee
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I am assuming that TED'S rigged rabbitt hole is not availiable anymore? Or is that equipment still availiable? I know I asked this before, but is TED just another forum member?
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You can use the search function here and enter threads or posts by reeltrouble1 and that will bring up Ted's posts. Or you can just find a post by reeltrouble1, click on that link and it will take you to Ted's page.

Most gear is 'available' even if it is in 'used' form. You could probably find a lot of what Ted has in that signature in places like www.audiogon.com

Ted would be the first to tell you that the USED market is a great place to get the most value for your dollar. All of my power amps are USED, for example.

So, look at audiogon, search google and you'll find everything above. However, even used, Ted's gear is pricey! And they reflect 'his' tastes? It's not a good idea to just accept another's rig unless you've heard it and like it?

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]