This just in... Pioneer Elite comming back

dave shepard
dave shepard Posts: 1,334
edited February 2011 in The Clubhouse
http://www.residentialsystems.com/article/53368.aspx

I just read the good news about the highly reguarded Pioneer Elite set making a comeback this year and thought I would pass it along. For those looking to upgrade or replace an older set you will want to wait for this on to reach the stores because if it is exactly the same quality of the one that was pulled from production it will be a steller piece.

Happy Reading,

Dave
Post edited by dave shepard on

Comments

• cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited February 2011
    Just to let you know its not the same as they are now going to be doing LCD's not Plasma's.
  • danz1906
    danz1906 Posts: 5,144
    edited February 2011
    That's good news!
    Linn AV5140 fronts
    Linn AV5120 Center
    Linn AV5140 Rears
    M&K MX-70 Sub for Music
    Odyssey Mono-Blocs
    SVS Ultra-13 Gloss Black:D
  • newrival
    newrival Posts: 2,017
    edited February 2011
    hooray
    design is where science and art break even.
  • dave shepard
    dave shepard Posts: 1,334
    edited February 2011
    cstmar01 wrote: »
    Just to let you know its not the same as they are now going to be doing LCD's not Plasma's.

I read that, but like I said if the quality is the same as the original Elite it will be steller in LCD. The original smoked all other Plasma's so my guess is it might best the other LCD's, smoking them might be tough as there are some really good Samsungs.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited February 2011
    Hey Dave,
    Actually I'm very guarded about this. I have known about this and I'm not all that excited. if Pioneer was coming out with new technology , I would be al in but LCD LED is flawed technology. I know if anyone is going to get it right , Pioneer would be the ones to do it.
    They perfected Plasma technology and that benchmark still stands today. Samsung and Sony are doing wonderful jobs with LED but the blur is horrible. I get a headache from it. So do many of my customers.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.