7600 replacement Center suggestions

Options
pcgorilla
pcgorilla Posts: 39
edited August 2003 in Speakers
I have a RM7600. Looking to replace/upgrade my center. ANy suggestions? I would like the LSiC if it will timber match my 7600 sat's.

Also, will there be a big difference between LSiC and CSi40?
Post edited by pcgorilla on

Comments

• brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited August 2003
    Options
    LsiC wouldn't be a match because of the complete design differences. The CSi40 would be closest of the two, but are you intending on upgrading all of your system at some point and looking for the center to be the start or what?
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • pcgorilla
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Just looking for a better Center. I have a budget of about $300-$400.

I will be getting the new Yamaha's due out in Sept as a receiver.
  • brettw22
    edited August 2003
    Options
    The problem that you're going to have with your center being as big as the 40 is that it's going to completely overpower the rest of your system. I'd consider something like the csi30 or 20 to match what you have.
  • pcgorilla
    edited August 2003
    Options
    That's what I am afraid of. So will there be a big difference between the csi30 and the center for the 7600?
  • brettw22
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by pcgorilla
    That's what I am afraid of. So will there be a big difference between the csi30 and the center for the 7600?
    There will be a difference with all of them. I'd say that the 30 is a good center that you could grow into though if you wanted to. Long term, you'll probably end up with a csi40 and larger speakers, but for now, that would be complete overkill. I don't like the 20 because I'm not a big fan of single driver centers. It's completely an aesthetic thing. The 30 can be had for fairly cheap too, and it would be a good idea to get one before the new line comes out in a month or two. They'll drop in price pretty soon, if they haven't already.
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited August 2003
    Options
    I think you would be fine with the CSi40. Just because it is bigger doesn't mean it will overpower, it will just sound better. I don't feel upgrading to a CSi30 would be worth doing in the long run.

The LSiC was an incredible upgrade over the 7600 center.
    Perhaps you could try it in your system and see how you like the sound of it with your other speakers. If you like, you've got a great center, otherwise you could take it back. Then maybe in the future you could go to the LCi in-walls which would be timbre-matched to the center.
  • brettw22
    edited August 2003
    Options
    If he's talkin about getting a Yamaha receiver later, I wonder what he's driving it with right now. What receiver are you running with right now Gorilla?

Wouldn't the worst thing that he could do be to put a 4ohm speaker into the mix with all his others? Then he'd DEFINITELY have an overpowering center......right?
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by brettw22
    If he's talkin about getting a Yamaha receiver later, I wonder what he's driving it with right now. What receiver are you running with right now Gorilla?

Wouldn't the worst thing that he could do be to put a 4ohm speaker into the mix with all his others? Then he'd DEFINITELY have an overpowering center......right?

Oh, and PC, don't forget to pick up an SPL meter, if you don't have one! ;)
  • pcgorilla
    edited August 2003
    Options
    I have a Denon 2803.