Options
2»

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,158
    edited January 2012
    Options
    gdb wrote: »
    Funny, the OP never bothered to resond to, or to thank those who tried to help him in this thread.

Funny that you go looking for a fight with every post.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I am looking for the MoFi vinyl of this one. Too bad they are so damned expensive.:eek:
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited January 2012
    Options
    picked it up on the way home, listening to it now. I'm only a few minutes in, halfway through 'Another Brick in the Wall'...all I can say is WOW! This sounds WAY better than the other version I have on CD (do not own it on vinyl), not even close.

For anyone who has a copy that doesn't sound good, this is the one to get, at least until they release it on SACD :biggrin:
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,523
    edited January 2012
    Options
    How did you tell it was the 2011 remaster?
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited January 2012
    Options
    You can tell the 2011 remasters because they're in different package, they're all in little cardboard sleeves. This is the one you're looking for:

http://www.amazon.com/Wall-Pink-Floyd/dp/B004ZN9W5M/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I paid a couple more bucks at Best Buy but had to have it today. Do yourself a favor and buy it, I'm on 'Goodbye Cruel World' now and it really is superb, the best $20 I've spent so far this year. The one qualifier I'll mention is that I'm listening on m headphone rig, so have not heard it on speakers. If anything though this setup reveals deficiencies more than most speaker setups so it if sounds good here......
  • steveinaz
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Thanks man, I will do that---then somewhat non-ceremoniously destroy the first one with my pellet pistol. LOL
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Funny that you go looking for a fight with every post.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I am looking for the MoFi vinyl of this one. Too bad they are so damned expensive.:eek:

Whatchu mean, like you don't? :lol: JK, I just thought it was a touch rude, nothing more.:wink:
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I'd say given who the OP was and what he's done for the forum that he gets a pass.

Roger that, I knew he was one of the founding farters er, fathers! He doesn't seem to drop by much anymore, too bad, great sense of humor on him !:cool:
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,105
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I bought the Discovery box set and I think they are all very well done. I wouldn't recommend the box set though. You can buy each CD individually for less money and the extra in the box set is nothing more than sort of a photo album. And of course you get the box to put them in. Very happy with the music, very disappointed in the extras.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • audio_alan
    audio_alan Posts: 770
    edited January 2012
    Options
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    I bought the Discovery box set and I think they are all very well done. I wouldn't recommend the box set though. You can buy each CD individually for less money and the extra in the box set is nothing more than sort of a photo album. And of course you get the box to put them in. Very happy with the music, very disappointed in the extras.

I've really been wanting to hear the discovery/immersion versions of The Wall (among other Pink Floyd albums). Anyone here heard the Immersion Set of The Wall?

http://www.amazon.com/Wall-Immersion-Box-Set/dp/B004ZNAXX2/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1327445066&sr=1-2
  • steveinaz
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Well, finally ordered the 2011 remaster of 'The Wall" and also ordered the much praised "Frampton Comes Alive" deluxe version (remaster) which is suppose to be very well done.
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The 2011 remasters are quite well done I think. The Wall sounds great. Animals is the big win, sounds so much better than it ever has on CD. Discovery box set is all I would advise doing. I purchased the Immersion version of Dark Side, and I thought it was an embarrassment, with the marbles and scarves and coasters. But at least it had the 2496 version. The packaging was awful, the way they pegged four of the discs to the bottom of the box - a lot of people had the set arrive with the discs loose and scratched. I didn't bother with the WYWH Immersion set, but there's a 2496 version in that as well. The Immersion set of The Wall looks like a complete waste, that one doesn't even have a 24 bit version for the $120 you're going to spend for it. Discovery box or individual titles is the way to go.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.