SDA 1C's Stereo Driver Problem

Options
bkseverson
bkseverson Posts: 3
edited July 2003 in Troubleshooting
Hello All.

I have a question for the experts. I have the SDA 1C's. Up untill about a month ago all was well. Since then I have developed a problem with the left channel. My deminsional drivers are working, but no sound from the stereo Drivers(Inside drivers) I have checked the wiring, and all seems to be wired correctly. Could something have happened with my crossover? I need help! My sanity is going out the window without my SDA's working properly. Please advise me on the best way to troubleshoot/repair. I have tried moving the non-functional drivers to the right channel speaker and they work properly? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian....
My system(Always wanting more!)
Carver HR895 Receiver
SDA 1c's(Front)
Infinity SL10's (Rear)
Infinity Video 1 (center)
DCM SW10 (SUB-NOT USED)
Post edited by bkseverson on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Sounds like a bad crossover, contact Polk customer service and see what they can do for you.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• bkseverson
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Thanks, I will give them a call. I thought maybe I was retarded and overlooking something. I had been reading through some other posts, and Ken seemed to be the man who knows all. Is this a person that I can speak with directly?

Thanks again,
    Brian...........
    Carver HR895 Receiver
    SDA 1c's(Front)
    Infinity SL10's (Rear)
    DCM SW10 (SUB-NOT USED)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Brian,

Yes, speak with Ken Swauger at 1.800.377.7655 x 891.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Yeppers, Ken's the man.

Ask for a copy of the SDA troubleshooting guide. It covers all models and involves only simple VOM checks. Ken will mail it free of charge.

EDIT: Almost forgot... Welcome to the Club Brian...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • bkseverson
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Thanks to all for the replies. I just spoke with Ken and he gave me some suggestions to try and repair prior to pulling the crossover and sending in. I am going to try and clean and check the connectivity on the driver side plug. If that doesn't work I will send in for repair.

Thanks again,
    Brian...........
    Carver HR895 Receiver
    SDA 1c's(Front)
    Infinity SL10's (Rear)
    DCM SW10 (SUB-NOT USED)