Options
    12 ga. semi auto with defense rounds... :wink:
  • TECHNOKID
    TECHNOKID Posts: 4,298
    edited November 2010
    Options
    amulford wrote: »
    12 ga. semi auto with defense rounds... :wink:
    Funny, Today I was picturing some cartoons where one's entirely destroy his home simply to get that nasty mouse that gives him the run around with a big grin :biggrin::tongue::biggrin::tongue: on its stupid mouse face :mad: Which comick am I talking about again?????? :tongue::tongue:
    DARE TO SOAR:
    “Your attitude, almost always determine your altitude in life” ;)
  • mudwrx
    mudwrx Posts: 367
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Hey Technokid, any news on your mouse problem?

I am having a similar problem and it is driving me crazy. In my case I am hearing them in the walls and above the ceiling, especially in the space between the attic floor and second floor ceiling. We had our pest control guy come in and verify it was mice and not flying squirrels, however I'm not sure if it is only mice.

We placed bait in the attic, basement and other crawl spaces we could find. That seems to be working as I found one dead mouse in the basement two days ago. He said the bait may take two weeks or so to start showing a difference, meaning it may take that long for all my little friends to find the bait and eat it.

My big problem is it appears they are in the spaces between floors and ceilings, especially loving the insulation in the attic. Can't really put traps in these spaces as there is no access (unless you are a mouse). However I will get some snap traps and give those a shot in the attic.

Last night I woke up at midnight to hear something making its way up the wall and on to the ceiling. Sounded like a friggin elephant, freaked me out. That's why I'm not positive it is only mice. Although I've been told they can make a lot of noise, especially when they are making their way through insulation.

Since I am now losing sleep over this I am open to try anything. I have just ordered some fox urine pellets, which is supposed to keep mice and squirrels away. Not sure if it will work but as mentioned, I will try anything.

We just bought our house last January so this is the first cold season we are going through there. I definitely expected some mice, as it is a rural area. The mice have not come in the house as far as I know, I have not seen any evidence of that. Plus we have 2 cats that are staring at any noise coming from the walls and ceilings, just hoping to get them.

Anyway, I hope your situation is better. I'm praying mine does too.