opinions change

13»

Comments

• MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited September 2003
    PBD you are gorgeous. i want to have your children:p JK, thanks a ton though i just need to look for how i can mount it w/o having to put a hole in my hood....
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited September 2003
    lolol.... i'm surprised u didn't think of that already...

i would suggest looking for room near the area of the tensioner pulley... chances are u wont interfere w/ anything by adding it to the line in that area... but certainly unless you're skilled with a welding torch, i'd be having someone who is skilled in such doing the welding.

least its cheap though (overall for what u're getting). :)
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • MTXMAN
    edited September 2003
    their tech guys recomended running the 2 subs at 2 ohms for the SH-1 even after i mentioned adding a second alt...
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited September 2003
    hmm... odd...

did they give u a reason why?
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • MTXMAN
    edited September 2003
    he said that it was underrated and should still be plenty of power...

it'd give slightly higher sq than one ohm but it's only 1500 per sub...
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited September 2003
    if its underrated than keep the gain down --- more power is better.

and slightly better? who cares -- its an AB mono amp that has specs that rival zapco and the like... at "no ohms" it probably sounds better than anything u or i have ever had in our vehicles.

u can always turn u're gains down and turn the notch down on the sub control on teh head unit or whatever... its easy to limit power -- but its damn near impossible to squeeze out a couple hundred extra watts when you realize you underpowered soemthing...

if u have the $$ for the sledge - run it at 1 ohm, and start with the gain at the floor and work your way up till u're happy with it.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge