Weekend Wire Project -- Transparent Music Wave and Jumpers

Options
pjdami
pjdami Posts: 1,894
Okay. So the Transparent is in full force with me now. Its like something that Yoda said in Star Wars or something...

Well, thanks to Mantis, I'm a Transparent believer now. This past week I picked up some Music Wave speaker cable off of Audiogon and last night I hooked them up to my LSi 9's powered by my Rotel RSX 1055 with my Rotel RCD 961 as my source. For interconnects I used the Transparent Music Links that I got from Mantis off the Flea Market. I had to install the jumpers back on my LSi because I couldn't afford the bi-wire version of the Music Wave. Result was very good but those darn stock straps had me thinking I might be missing something.

Today, I went visit my Transparent dealer to pick up another pair of Music Wave speaker cable. He told me I couldn't biwire that way. He suggested that I keep my single run of Music Wave with the network and purchase the Transparent Wire jumpers to replace the stock straps that came with the LSi. Here's an excerpt from the package that came with my Transparent jumpers that I thought was interesting:

"For most biwirable speakers, we recommend a single pair of a higher performance level of Transparent Speaker Cable coupled with Transparent Biwire Adapters. This combination more effectively transfers low frequency information and addresses back EMF than can be accomplished through biwiring with typical non-network speaker ccables. Transparent Biwire Adapters offer a significant upgrade over the gold plates or jumpers that typically come with biwirable speakers from the factory. We do not recommend hooking networked Transparent Speaker Cables in tandem from a single amplifier to a biwire speaker. In tandem, the networks in our cables do not behave according to our specifications".

Transparent does offer Bi-wired networks, but the cost detracted me since I couldn't find any used. New I was looking at almost $800...no way right now. That would cost me as much as my speakers. NOT. Even the $350 I spent to get to the point where I am now may seem insane but considering it would have cost me more than double that new I think I got into some good deals.

So here I am. Not biwired on the LSi for the first time. I recently had the IXOS Super Gamma 7 biwire speaker wire and I will do a comparison after the Transparent jumpers "burn-in" but I sense that those big black network boxes are doing some "vodoo" to the music because it really sounds sweet right now.

Here's a picture. Like double bypass surgery for the LSi:
Post edited by pjdami on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,061
    edited June 2003
    Options
    You got mail.........

Anyway good choice there Bro....

Heres the other benifit of buyin the jumpers......

You now have the ability to buy non bi wireable speaker down the road without buying new speaker wire.Speakers like Dynaudio,Vienna Acoustic and Sonus Faber are not bi wireable.....

Transparent is one of if not the very best wire company in the world......They know music do you???;)
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.