Can i Bi-Wire my set up?

Options
Pauly
Pauly Posts: 4,519
Now i have done a little research on bi-wireing but am still confused? Seeing that "bi" is 2 i got that you need 2 sets of wire (or the monster bi-wire kit(s) Is there extra plugs on the amp or speakers to acheive this? Or do you just run 2 seperate lines for this? I have look at the back of my setup and didnt see this but then again maybe i didnt spend enough. Please elaborate. Thanks

Rears Kenwood Somethings (FXi30's on layaway :) )
PSW350 stacked with PSW404 just traded in the 202 today

Love is neat, love is sweet, but love is something you cannot eat!
Life without music would
Post edited by Pauly on

Comments

• Pauly
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Thought i attached a pic??? Will try again
    Life without music would
  • Pauly
    edited June 2003
    Options
    tried to upload pic of setup but file is too big even zipped. any sugg?
    Life without music would
  • Pauly
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Got it just had to lower the res...
    Life without music would
  • pjdami
    pjdami Posts: 1,894
    edited June 2003
    Options
    To bi-wire your mains you will need four equal lengths of wire; two for each side (right and left speaker).

Now take two equal lengths of wire, check for the polarity on the two wires and twist the two positives together and twist the two negatives together. Then use a crimp on banana plug or spade to secure the twist. This end goes on your left or right output from your receiver.

Remove the straps on the back of your speakers on the posts and run the other end of the wires to your speakers. Positive to Positive .. negative to negative and so on.

Repeat for the other channel and enjoy.

Yes, they do make bi-wire speaker cable if you don't want to make it yourself out of individual runs.

Paul

And last but not least .. welcome to the forum..
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Food 911, great show.

Your speaks are not bi-wireable, fagettaboutit.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • pjdami
    edited June 2003
    Options
    and here is a diagram. A picture is worth a thousand words..
  • pjdami
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Non bi-wireable...well I guess forgetaboutit is correct!!

Oh well...

P.
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Spasticpitbull, If I'm not mistaken I don't think you can bi-wire the R50's. Where the speaker terminals are on the back of the speaker, you should have 5 way binding post, which means you should have 2 positive feeds and 2 negative feeds. If I'm not mistaken I think the 50's only have single set of binding post. I'm pretty sure you can't bi-wire your fronts but if someone here can tell me something different I would really care to hear.
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • Pauly
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Looks like i need to trade em in for the RTi70's i just looked and they have the capibility. Anyone give good reviews on these?
    Life without music would