New Power Amp for LSi9 speakers

2»

Comments

• LuSh
    LuSh Posts: 887
    edited July 2003
    Just to let you guys know. I ran into a buddy over the weekend and did him a favor. He was gratefull and asked me about how my speakers were making out. I told him pretty good, he then suggested I take his extra pair of MIT 1AVT speaker cables he had lying around and use them for a week or two. If I heard the difference with them and the MIT (Shotgun I believe) interconnects I could buy em for about 1/3rd the price. So when I get em I'll let you guys know what's up. MIT vs AR Master Round 1.

ps: I better hear a $400 difference, cuz If I don't I might as well put that to a new source player.
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited July 2003
    That sounds great Lush, you're getting quality cables cheap there. If you don't hear a difference before your upgrade, don't think that you won't need it. Wait and try them out again after you upgrade your source. Keep us updated.

Maurice
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited July 2003
    You will definetly like the MIT cables, I would be very suprised if you do not. Have fun!
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,781
    edited July 2003
    Lush,

I'm running MIT Shotgun IC's and Shotgun Bi-wires, you'll love them! :D
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pjdami
    pjdami Posts: 1,894
    edited July 2003
    LUsH,

6ave.com has a Sony 555ES SACD / CD player for $500.00. Only one left on clearance.

Also hcmaudio has the following package deal going on:

Here is what you get for only $549:

-Music Hall MMF-25 CD Player
    -Remote Control
    -AudioQuest Diamondback Interconnect
    -Three AudioQuest SorboGel Big Feet
    -Aurex CD Mat
    -Shipping within the USA/48

http://www.hcmaudio.com/comp.asp?compID=231

Yes, the Rotel and NAD cd players are nice too. I auditioned the Rotel RCD 1070 vs. my RCD 961 this past weekend and they sounded EXACTLY the same to me and I mean exactly. I was thinking about upgrading to the newer model through my dealer based on all the rave reviews on the 1070.

I've pulled the trigger on the Myryad cd player at Audio Advisor for my two channel rig and have a B&K ST125.2 amp on the way also. I'll let you know how they sound with the LSi's.

Paul
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited July 2003
    When I upgraded cables in my modest SDA 1C system, I heard the greatest difference after upgrading the IC's.

FWIW, listening to a NAD amp on my SDA's, I thought the sound was a bit soft, at least compared to my Carver M1.0-t. I can't remember the model number, but I'm pretty sure it was a 2400. I know these are older amps and speakers, but companies tend to produce similar sounding products despite various upgrades and technological developments.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d