Polk/MOMO Teaser #4

-justin-
-justin- Posts: 891
edited July 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
Over the next two weeks we are releasing short product teasers of the new 2003 products.

Here's a link to the first one: Teaser #1

Here's a link to the second one: Sneak Peek #2

And the third one: Sneak Peek #3: Subwoofers

And the fourth and final teaser: Sneak Peek #4: Amplifiers

Please leave us your feedback or email me your comments directly: webmaster@polkaudio.com

~JB
Post edited by -justin- on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited June 2003
    looks like a cheesy ad spot for non-specific product (in the sense that if you changed like 2 frames of that it could be an ad for any audio manufacturer pretty much)

it didn't "speak" to me.

but that's just me...
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited June 2003
    man i liked it, just wish it would have shown a better sneak peek of the speakers

more more more
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • LiquidSound
    LiquidSound Posts: 1,261
    edited June 2003
    I should have saved the pics of all the new speakers while the crutchfield link worked. I'd auction them off on my new site www.E-Polk.com :D
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's
    Sub - Spiked Velodyne Cht-8 On Spiked Landscaping Stones

"If you could put speakers in a needle, I'd never see him again..." - My Girlfriend
  • -justin-
    edited June 2003
    Originally posted by teg1gsr
    man i liked it, just wish it would have shown a better sneak peek of the speakers

more more more

COOL! That's the idea. More to come :)

~JB
  • C-Man
    C-Man Posts: 307
    edited June 2003
    OK, not a knock, but the teasers need to have a little more product in there. They're pretty bad ****, but it almost looks like a 2 Fast 2 Furious trailer... lol. The second one was a little better though...:)
    "The Big C"
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited June 2003
    i liked the second one better
    i think the whole thing should be slowed down just a tad
    more views of the products...and at the end when the ppl turned into the POLK MOMO logo looked sweet!
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited June 2003
    its kinda like **** -- it got better the second time around :)

good job Justin aka Ron Jeremy.
  • LiquidSound
    edited June 2003
    Here's a pic.
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's

"If you could put speakers in a needle, I'd never see him again..." - My Girlfriend
  • -justin-
    edited June 2003
    #3 up and running.

~JB
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited June 2003
    That Mt. Rushmore thing was kinda retarded. That's all thuiogh. Pretty snazzy. I think more product shots from different angles would be good. Not just these little, partial glimpses.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • LiquidSound
    edited June 2003
    Would have been nicer if that was an actual speaker instead of a computer generated pic. What's up with that?
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's

• -justin-
    edited June 2003
    The photos ARE actual photos in the first part of the animation. Did anyone see the title of this thread? (I'll give you a hint...TEASER) :)

~JB
  • LiquidSound
    edited June 2003
    Are you talking about the subwoofers? It might have been a real cone, but no real basket?
    Behold the power of tease.
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's

• -justin-
    edited June 2003
    No in fact BOTH cone and basket are real photos. The only NON-photo is the outlined cad drawings.

~JB
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited June 2003
    dude this is like early 70's ****... pre hustler days... when they weren't allowed to show everything...

larry flint was a ground breaking pioneer... i wanna be him when i grow up.
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited June 2003
    i wish now i wouldntve blown my soundcard...
    -Cody
  • -justin-
    edited June 2003
    Last one up!

~JB
  • Systems
    edited June 2003
    boo. where's the 500 watts i've grown to love.
    after my mm12 goes, i'm goin elsewhere.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2003
    What do you mean? The first amp on there is the 500.1 monoblock which is 500x1 at 2 ohms RMS.
  • Systems
    edited June 2003
    the 12" sub is only 400 watts rms.
    so i've gotta be extra careful not to blow my mm12 cause my amp will shred the new subs i'll be given as warrenty replacement.
    i don't understand the change. to me it looks like polk went from top of the line sql to mediocricy to compete in the mainstream market (circut city). i, and many people i know, paid top dollar for the original momos because of their reputation as the best small box high sq sub on the market. i moved onto the 2nd gen this summer, and am not as happy as i was with sub #1. looking at these stats i know that my money will go elsewhere next time i'm looking for some car speakers. i hope you guys get favorable reviews from my trusted sources, or otherwise i'm one very disappointed customer.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited June 2003
    perf -- they been goin down the can the last 5 yrs and are just in denial...

they cancelled the DB line of subs and comps and coax (which if you thught the old momo were good you woulda pissed yourself over the old DB line) --- they bring in the DX which i dont have a problem with but they were a downgrade SQ wise... yet they denied that...

then the DX go bye bye and the GNX comes out - so if you had a 400 watt polk DX 12" subwoofer and it died, you were given a 175 watt polk GNX 12" sub that was an utter piece of **** -- and they said "oh its the replacement, that's what u get on warranty" -- on and off for 2 months in here i was trying ot get people to stand up for themselves, not accept the GNX as replacement and scream that they want the momo as a replacement or else for polk to buck up and fork over their subs in storage -- i keep buying subs off the damn warehouse somehow -- bought 4 DX12-4's and now a DX10-8 --- and yet they're tellin kids who blew DX subs "no we dont have anymore" --- um hello -- what am i pullin these things outa my ****? i should photocopy the receipts and post em in this forum just to be like "see -- u do have this stuff yet u screwed a bunch of people -- way to go"

anyway -- momo's aren't bad at all -- yet you're right - they downgraded for this model year -- its a tougher sub (tinsels dont bust / yada yada) but its just as cool lookin.

this new db line which i guess is a replament for the GXR is just puke worthy -- get the damn name off it -- call it anything but DB --- that's an utter joke...

only one thing is remotely constant... the momo components sound good -- both Gen 1 and Gen 2 sound pleasing and I'd be glad to own either -- i might choose other stuff before it for the price, but either way I like the set and would happily use it.
  • C-Man
    edited June 2003
    OK, I was under the impression that the new Momo's are not a replacement for the MM10, 12... but just a supplement. If that's the case you won't have to worry about it when you blow your mm12, they'll replace it with another mm12.
    "The Big C"
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2003
    The new Momo subs are in addition to the current MM10,12. They will be replaced next year with a new model. Thank you, PBD, for your undying devotion to Polk Audio. We appreciate all the praise on our forum.
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited July 2003
    Cman from other polkie employee posts, the new momo's are they're "mid" line.... the current momo is their "top" line...

while the current gen 2 momo is retained for this year, that paul dicomo dude said that basically the next one to come out will be virtually the same only the dustcap logo will be changed from the arrow to the red and black square to conform to newer logo stuff... so no they momo's not going anywhere.

actually --- for everytime i bash polk, i support them. bash past marketing decisions, truthfulness and honesty to customers, and then i compliment the momo component sets and toughness of the current model momo sub.
  • C-Man
    edited July 2003
    Yeah, that's what I thought, I was just letting Perf know he didn't have anything to worry about just yet.
    "The Big C"
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited July 2003
    Originally posted by Josh
    Thank you, PBD, for your undying devotion to Polk Audio. We appreciate all the praise on our forum.
    would you rather people lie about your products?
    if you were new to car audio and you went somewhere and they told you the gnx's were great subs, so you bought them, had them installed, thought you were all cool, then you show your friends and one of your friend has some pioneers in that cheap **** bandpass they use at best buy and its louder and sounds better and he only paid $50 more...wouldnt you be pissed too?
    all hell wouldve broken loose if i had blown a dx and polk tried to send me a gnx
    dont get me wrong...i have 2 mm12s, a set of mm6s, and i want to get the new 4x6s, and i love them
    but if polk wants more respect...then dont take your best line and downgrade it
    even if you have you have 2 lines of pok/momo...and josh, i know it wasnt 100% your say in any of this...and im not coming down on you, but when i first bought my mm120s, i was very pleased with company, now im not so sure
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited July 2003
    here's a novel idea... cody, I, and john oughta start a frickin speaker company -- make nothin but 500 w rms subs, 1000w AB amps, and bitchin components... we'll charge 100% over cost (200 bucks for a sub that cost us 50 bucks in parts and 50 bucks in man hour labor and or production cost), so we'd be priced disgustingly below everyone else on the market [note - this applies to SQ high grade subs -- ie a focal or the like], and we'd give 5 year warranties on product that was designed to be rebuilt in the event of destruction, thus allowing busted old stuff to be remade like new out of the original chassis, thus negating the need to stock replacement subs/amps/whatever...

repair/ replacement cost would be virtually zero, everything would be basic black or brushed aluminum, except tweeters could be ordered in any silk dome color you wanted...

if someone intentionally killed their speaker and was tryin to rag us into replacing it, we'd refuse warranty due to strick policy and common sense -- if u can rip the sub apart and see burnt former, the dum dum killed his sub on purpose -- offer them repair for say 40 bucks + shipping and call it a day. affordable, at cost probably, but serves the purpose.

the amps would never die -- we'd just "copy-cat" all of USamps boards and rest assured of that.

if only it were a perfect world...

anybody got 500 grand to get me off the ground? if u hadn't seen the prvious post i'm selling myself to the lowest bidder! :)
  • C-Man
    edited July 2003
    I'm fairly knowledgable in the art of car audio... how do I get in on this venture...
    And no I can't be the silent partner that gives you your 500,000... lol.

Chris
    "The Big C"
  • LiquidSound
    edited July 2003
    What would you call the company??
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited July 2003
    Originally posted by LiquidSound
    What would you call the company??

I GOT IT!

Are you ready?

Here it comes!

It'll be called: Half-Assed Audio!!!!!!!!!!!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!