RMDS-1 Surround Sound

gunst
gunst Posts: 3
edited June 2003 in Troubleshooting
I have an RMDS-1 and I recently got a dolby digital DSS system. When ever I tune into to a Dobly Digital station the tuner automatically switches over to 5.1 (which is great), however when I surf to a different channel the tuner goes to Stereo mode by default - I would rather have it go to Pro Logic. Is there any way to modify this?
Post edited by gunst on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited June 2003
    Hello,
    Thanks for posting on the Forum. I use an RMDS1, myself, and enjoy it very much. I believe the default settings are not changeable, meaning that whenever you change the incoming signal from digital to analogue it will automatically go to the "stereo" setting. This is just part of it's intrinsic design.
    Best regards, Ken Swauger
  • gunst
    edited June 2003
    That is rather unfortunate. Do you know if that is the case with newer models?

Other than that - I love the unit.
  • gunst
    edited June 2003
    Another question - I just broke one of my front speakers - it fell from the stand and the main cone is loose inside. Where is the best place to get this fixed/replaced?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited June 2003
    Hello,
    The DS7200 is the same way, the default settings are not programmable. You would send the damaged satellite to Polk Audio, 2550 Britannia Blvd., Suite D, San Diego, CA. 92154. Please include a short note giving us your name, address and a daytime telephone number, and, if possible, a copy of your sales receipt.
    Regards, Ken Swauger