Software Upgrade B&K Reference 30

Options
dkinlaw
dkinlaw Posts: 18
edited June 2003 in Electronics
I purchase a Reference 30 on EBay about 8 months ago, how much for upgrading the software and what is the diffrence between upgrading and not upgrading? My RT2000 never sound so good!!!

DanaK
Post edited by dkinlaw on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,059
    edited June 2003
    Options
    I'm alittle upset with B&K because they released the update back in November last year,said it was coming soon.

It's as of today not ready to go.I called Friday and they are very close to releasing the upgrade.

To answer your question
    how much for upgrading the software and what is the diffrence between upgrading and not upgrading?
    The Price will be somewhere in the 700.00 range.Difference is that the upgrade will get your preamp up to current formats like PL2 and Neo:6.Discrete surroundback,THX Ultra 2,etc.They also go over the entire unit,making sure everything is performing up to factory spec's,fix as nessary and give you a year extended warranty.
    New Motorla chipset,new front display.B&K upgrades there preamps and receivers which is one of the reasons I own B&K.It's nice not to have to keep buying a new one(I know I'm lieing a bit here but...).

As soon as the upgrade is out,you can call B&K and they will go over the entire upgrade.

It's also good to have the latest ref30 software,what version software is in your ref30?It will tell you everytime you turn it on.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by mantis
    I called Friday and they are very close to releasing the upgrade.
    I know you're saying what they're telling you, but they've been "very close" for at least the 3 months that I've had my AVR307......they need someone to kick their **** and just release it already. I was told that they were considering different package deals to possibly include the newest remote as well, if that's something that you were interested in........who knows.
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • mantis
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Talking to B&K talking to reps,reading the flagship receiver forum..man who the hell knows exactly whats going to be offered.I was told by my rep that I could get the avr507 faceplate and B&K said it wouldn't be worth the cost.The remote is up in the air but I feel it is nessary for the upgrade.

Time will tell.
    Dan
  • dkinlaw
    dkinlaw Posts: 18
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Thanx mantis am running 2.05 software

DanaK
  • mantis
    edited June 2003
    Options
    There's been 2 software upgrades since then.2.09 which was what I has when I bought mine and then 2.11 which I have upgraded 2.
    Dan
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Dan,
    You've upgraded how.......by sending it in to B&K or how?
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • mantis
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Brett,
    in order for you to upgrade your software, you have to take it to a authorized dealer like Tweeter service and we can do it for yeah.

If your not having any compatability problems with any of your gear,no need to do the upgrade.It's basically patches and fixes for tempermental digital sources like Hughes and Philips Intergraded tivo boxes which I have both.

I'd just stick it out for the 507 upgrade Brett
    Dan