car speaker wire and home speaker wire are the same right?

Options
SivaNevets
SivaNevets Posts: 303
edited July 2010 in Car Audio & Electronics
:confused: i can get some belkin 16 gauge home theatre cable for very cheap. but need to confirm on this
:confused:
Front: Martinlogan ESL
Center: Martinlogan Stage
Rear: Martinlogan Motion 4
Sub: Martinlogan Grotto-I
Receiver: Pioneer Elite SC 1523K

PC 2 Channel: Polk LSI7
Headset: Grado RS2 + Grado RA1 amp
Mic: Neumann KMS605

Car Audio
2002 MB C240 Sedan
MM6501 components
MM840 sub
MB Quart Onyx 4.60 (1/2 to components, 3/4 bridged to sub)
Pioneer 8200BT HU
Post edited by SivaNevets on

Comments

• kawizx9r
    kawizx9r Posts: 5,150
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I had an extra MIT terminator cable that I decided to toss in the back for my subwoofer (amp sits just feet away from the sub) and it works perfectly fine.

-Freddy
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

heiney9 wrote: »
    Any clue how to use the internet? Found it in about 10 sec.
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Provided you are part of the wire is wire crowd - Yes.

If you believe there is a difference in sound between different wires - No.
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,238
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I find coat hangers work just as well in autosound applications:eek:;):p...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • arun1963
    arun1963 Posts: 1,797
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I find coat hangers work just as well in autosound applications:eek:;):p...

Good for you. Sounds like you have great ears. Did you hear a difference between the plastic coated ones and the ones without the coating? Oh! I hope you ran the coat hangars over those eclectic plastic cable raisers? :rolleyes:;)

I can hear a difference when I adjust the TA on my drivers by 0.04ms, but gosh darn I can't hear the difference between Stinger and Scosche RCA's and I can't hear the difference between kicker and Pear Comice speaker cables. Must be a case of bad ears. :rolleyes:

You need to hear a good 'autosound application'. Only problem is, that maybe 1 in 10,000 installs will qualify as good. But you have to hear one to know what 'good' in a car can mean. Most of you 2 ch guys just don't know what is possible in a car. I guess that's ok, as not all car audio guys know either :).
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Anything in a car that does not go BOOM BOOM BOOM is excellent. Any car that does go BOOM BOOM BOOM should have the owner locked up for life. One strike and you are out. No mercy.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • arun1963
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Yeah agree. Mercifully this forum is not about BOOM BOOM. :)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,238
    edited July 2010
    Options
    arun1963 wrote: »
    Good for you. Sounds like you have great ears. Did you hear a difference between the plastic coated ones and the ones without the coating? Oh! I hope you ran the coat hangars over those eclectic plastic cable raisers? :rolleyes:;)

I can hear a difference when I adjust the TA on my drivers by 0.04ms, but gosh darn I can't hear the difference between Stinger and Scosche RCA's and I can't hear the difference between kicker and Pear Comice speaker cables. Must be a case of bad ears. :rolleyes:

You need to hear a good 'autosound application'. Only problem is, that maybe 1 in 10,000 installs will qualify as good. But you have to hear one to know what 'good' in a car can mean. Most of you 2 ch guys just don't know what is possible in a car. I guess that's ok, as not all car audio guys know either :).

I used to install autosound gear back in the day, so yes, I have heard some damn good stuff. After you have been car-jacked a couple times for your mobile tune display, it tends to not matter any more.:mad:

A good system is a work of art and I do appreciate it. Some pictures of yours would be nice.:)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • arun1963
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The install itself is quite basic and fugley :o. The driver placement is right though, as I hope is the tuning. It's really about the way it sounds.

Back when you were installing, what would you install if someone asked for pure sq with say a $ 3,000 budget? What equipment would you install and where would you install the stuff? Just curious

Yeah getting car jacked wouldn't be any fun.