Martin Logan-Prodigy's-changing...:-)

Gary Robertson
Gary Robertson Posts: 201
edited June 2003 in 2 Channel Audio
These Prodigy's are starting ti change rapidly now-They are no where near the same speaker that i brought home 2 months ago...and now that the acoustic zen's are starting to burn in ,,,The whole thing is changing..The Bryston is starting to come around now too---i noticed that when i let everything warm up (playing music at a moderate volume) for a good half hour to 45 minutes,the sound quality increases about 3 fold...
So okay---now i'm totally sold--this wasn't such a financially stupid move after all---I also hooked a sub woof to them...Velodyne 12/15--12" front firing and a 15" downfiring radiator--now the system goes down past 30hz to 18 hz.--
EVER see a grown man cry ??---
good tight deep end thud--mids to die for and articulate highs--it all seems perfect --(but i will find flaws when i study the situation deeper)-wish you all could hear the fiddles on Black Water (doobie brothers)--or fourplay's ju ju or Norman Brown's just chillin..
Larry Carlton's alone but never alone-
a strictly acoustic guitear album is nothing short of incredible...
I am in audio love...
System #2
Yamaha cdc-755,(20 bit DAC )
Yamaha KX W382 cassette deck,
ADCOM GFA-545-II.ampfilier,,
ADCOM GFP-450 Preamp ,,BBE audio Restoration System (ARS)--Monster--M850I Innerconects and Monster 14 gauge speaker cable and the Fabulous POLK RT-7's with a Velodyne 12/15 subwoofer system ....she rocks.........
System #1:
Meridian 508-24 cd.(20 bit DAC)
Adcom -Gfp 750 preamp,
Bryston 14b-sst amplifier,
Martin Logan Prodigy Electrostatc speakers.and Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II innerconnects (rca) with Acoustic Zen Satori Shotgun speaker cable.
............................. "Jazz is democracy in music".
Post edited by Gary Robertson on

Comments

• phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited June 2003
    I'm so jealous.

I will have Martin Logans someday, oh yes... I will.

Congrats bro. :)
  • pjdami
    pjdami Posts: 1,894
    edited June 2003
    Gary, great to hear you are enjoying that killer system you have.

I thought my LSi's were broken in after a month. It actually took two months to get to where they sound now. I guess having them on small crossed over at 80 hz to my sub didn't help with the break-in too much.

Yes, I also notice that my system sounds better after 15 minutes or more of playing too.

Gary before you bought the Martin Logans did you ever audition Magnepan electrostatic speakers? If so what did you think? Sorry to derail your thread a little there.

Paul
  • Gary Robertson
    edited June 2003
    I've never heard a Magnepan beforeor the quads , -th peodigy's were a totel spur of the moment accident (sort of)-I can remember teasing Mantis about the Prodigy's about hpwstupid it is to pay soooo much for speakers-and he said "dude" get a grip !!! Ha,ha,ha,ha...So when i went to Los Angeles,i saw them in a extreme High End store and asked for a audition and bought them on the spot---I do remember hearing a smaller version of M L's and i didn't like them-I can't remember the name though..
    System #2
    ADCOM GFP-450 Preamp ,,BBE audio Restoration System (ARS)--Monster--M850I Innerconects and Monster 14 gauge speaker cable and the Fabulous POLK RT-7's with a Velodyne 12/15 subwoofer system ....she rocks.........
    System #1:
    Adcom -Gfp 750 preamp,
    Martin Logan Prodigy Electrostatc speakers.and Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II innerconnects (rca) with Acoustic Zen Satori Shotgun speaker cable.
  • Gary Robertson
    edited June 2003
    I've never heard a Magnepan beforeor the quads , -th peodigy's were a totel spur of the moment accident (sort of)-I can remember teasing Mantis about the Prodigy's about hpwstupid it is to pay soooo much for speakers-and he said "dude" get a grip !!! Ha,ha,ha,ha...So when i went to Los Angeles,i saw them in a extreme High End store and asked for a audition and bought them on the spot---I do remember hearing a smaller version of M L's and i didn't like them-I can't remember the name tho...MARTIN LOGANS FOREVER MAN !!! ACTUALLY --VERY SUPRISINGLY THESE LITTLE POLK RT-7'S STILL GET MY ATTENTION THEY ARE JUST SO DAMN GOOD...
    System #2
    System #1:
    Adcom -Gfp 750 preamp,
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited June 2003
    pjdami,
    Technically I don't believe that Magies are Electrostatics, they are planars. At least that is what my 1.5's manual says.

GR,
    Still enjoying your occassional ML updates. Also cool to see that some lil' ol' Polks have a place in your home and heart.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited June 2003
    Planar-Magnetic (ribbon) to be exact.

Although, I can't say I've ever heard of a non-magnetic Planar speaker....

Hmmm, time for another 16oz draught.

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited June 2003
    Gary,
    glad to see you loving your Logans........Man.....I gotta join the band wagon and be jealous.I love the Prodigy's.They are so damn good.

One day if I can swing it,I will own a pair just because.

LOL.......funny I remember that as well.Now you own them....

well as I always say,you get what you pay for alomost all of the time.High end auido ..............
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Gary Robertson
    edited June 2003
    [IMG]http://[/IMG] These ML'S are so damn loud--oh man-awesome..especially with the 600 watt Bryston.. Thanks guys..These ML'S are so damn loud ..especially with the 600watt Bryston..
    System #2
    System #1:
    Adcom -Gfp 750 preamp,
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited June 2003
    What did you say? Can't hear you cause your ML's are so loud with that Bryston...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD