New 360's

Options
2»

Comments

• hockeyboy
    hockeyboy Posts: 1,428
    edited June 2010
    Options
    You can trade your old 360 in for a hundred dollar credit if you buy a new XBox at Gamestop.
    My Main Gear
    Mitsu HC5000 (Proj.)
    Marantz SR8001 (AVR)
    Sunfire TGA7200 (AMP)
    Marantz DV7001 (SACD)
    Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray
    LSi 15's (Front)
    LSiC (Center)
    LSiFx (Surrounds)
    DUAL SVS 20-39 CS Plus
    (Passive Subs)
    Marantz IS201 I-Pod Dock[/SIZE]
    Panamax M5300EX
    Carada Criterion 106" Brightwhite Screen
    Sunfire TGA 5200 & (4) B&W 605's in the party room
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Demiurge wrote: »
    Ditto. There's no point for me in buying another one since my current units are in good order. My Jasper unit is dead silent and runs like a champ. The only thing I find good about these new ones is the sleek look and the 250GB hard drive...but that's not worth the price tag. Wireless is a downgrade for gaming, IMO, when a hard wired connection is available.

The question I have is how long is the XBox 360 going to be around? We're approaching 5 years old in November. The original XBox only lasted 4 years.

I have no complaints about the games or anything, they're awesome, but I have to assume they have something else coming down the pike.

Agreed 100%! I have not had one problem since I wired the xbox directly to the router. Before that, it would randomly disconnect, take 20 min to connect, etc. etc. What a waste of 100 bucks for the wireless connection...

For your second statement, I read something a while back ( I guess about two years ago) stating we should not to expect the usual 5 year next gen rotation since the ps3 and 360 would still be relatively expensive at that time and would make the next gen system too costly for many gamers. They said a more realistic timeframe was like 7-10 years, which looks to be coming true since we won't expect anything till at least next christmas but we will see.
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Ok....well I have not posted here in a while, divorce will do that to you. Just trying to keep my **** together......

Any ways with the divorce I ended up giving my two 360's to the kids....duh. I kept the PS3 for my movie streaming needs. Bought a few games for it, but really I just do not like the ps3 contollers. I tried, but they are just horrible.

So I am moving in with my girl friend in a week, and I had heard snippets of the new 360, but really did not think much of it. We were at the local mall on Thursday and I stopped by Gamestop to check one out. The guy gave me this song and dance of..."dude, we dont have one, if you want to preorder you may get it by July 16th. No one else in town have any." So I was like...whatever. You guys give me that BS routine all the freaking time. We headed over to Bumble Buy across the street, and they had freaking 20 of them.

So I said eff it and picked one up. I need one in the new place for my kids any ways. The elite was 50 dollars less with 130 less gb hard drive and no wireless. Let me just say that M$ should have done this when the RROD started hitting them hard. This unit is hands down a nice build. First off it feels like half the weight of the original one, the power brick is definitely half the weight if not more. Setting up the WiFi was a breeze, no lost connections as of yet, and no dodginess in games, everything ran real smooth. I would prefer a wired connection, just not sure if I will be able to get that done or not. The fan on the unit is a monster, but is soooooo quiet. You cannot even tell this machine is spinning a disk at all.

Over all I would say M$ finally....maybe hopefully got this build right. Look if you are looking for a new 360 then spend the money and get it, as for all the rest that have good working 360's then there is no reason to upgrade at this time unless you want Kinect....which looks lame to me any ways. Overall I give M$ an "A" for the build, and an "F" for not doing this 3 years ago.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Kinect will work with older 360s as well. The only difference is that the new 360 can use a single plug to feed signal and power to it, whereas the older 360s will use a power dongle instead.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • hockeyboy
    hockeyboy Posts: 1,428
    edited June 2010
    Options
    My girlfriend keeps our power dongle locked in the nightstand, so I guess I need a new XBox.
    My Main Gear
    Mitsu HC5000 (Proj.)
    Marantz SR8001 (AVR)
    Sunfire TGA7200 (AMP)
    Marantz DV7001 (SACD)
    Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray
    LSi 15's (Front)
    LSiC (Center)
    LSiFx (Surrounds)
    DUAL SVS 20-39 CS Plus
    (Passive Subs)
    Marantz IS201 I-Pod Dock[/SIZE]