Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
edited June 2010 in Video Games
Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
Post edited by Grimster74 on

Comments

• BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited June 2010
    a new iteration? well, at least it, as well as it's competition (ps3) are enjoying a long-ish shelf life.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • comfortablycurt
    comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
    edited June 2010
    Sounds nice!! Seems like they've fixed some of the complaints that have been pretty common with 360's. I rarely play any video games anymore...but I still want to get a 360 eventually...hmm...
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited June 2010
    I'm buying one for sure.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • Knucklehead
    Knucklehead Posts: 3,602
    edited June 2010
    Ill let you guys decide if its worth it before I drop the coin. :)
    Polk Audio Surround Bar 360
    Mirage PS-12
    LG BDP-550
    Motorola HD FIOS DVR
    Panasonic 42" Plasma
    XBOX 360[/SIZE]

Office stuff

Allied 395 receiver
    Pioneer CDP PD-M430
    RT8t's & Wharfedale Diamond II's[/SIZE]

Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music. ~Ronald Reagan
  • packetjones
    packetjones Posts: 1,059
    edited June 2010
    I really like the look of the new units. I can not justify buying one since my current one is working. I will get one if my current 360 dies.
    Front - RTiA5's
    Rear - RTiA3's
    Center - CSiA4
    Sub - PSW110
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited June 2010
    I really like the look of the new units. I can not justify buying one since my current one is working. I will get one if my current 360 dies.

Ditto. There's no point for me in buying another one since my current units are in good order. My Jasper unit is dead silent and runs like a champ. The only thing I find good about these new ones is the sleek look and the 250GB hard drive...but that's not worth the price tag. Wireless is a downgrade for gaming, IMO, when a hard wired connection is available.

The question I have is how long is the XBox 360 going to be around? We're approaching 5 years old in November. The original XBox only lasted 4 years.

I have no complaints about the games or anything, they're awesome, but I have to assume they have something else coming down the pike.
  • leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited June 2010
    Demiurge wrote: »
    Ditto. There's no point for me in buying another one since my current units are in good order. My Jasper unit is dead silent and runs like a champ. The only thing I find good about these new ones is the sleek look and the 250GB hard drive...but that's not worth the price tag. Wireless is a downgrade for gaming, IMO, when a hard wired connection is available.

The question I have is how long is the XBox 360 going to be around? We're approaching 5 years old in November. The original XBox only lasted 4 years.

I have no complaints about the games or anything, they're awesome, but I have to assume they have something else coming down the pike.

Could the bad economy be putting a hold on any new xbox releases?
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited June 2010
    Can't you retrofit the older 360 with the add-on adapter to play those newer games? Curious, since I have no plan to upgrade. My Jasper is still going strong.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • leroyjr1
    edited June 2010
  • Demiurge
    edited June 2010
    leroyjr1 wrote: »
    Could the bad economy be putting a hold on any new xbox releases?

I think you're probably on to something there, but I have to believe they're at least working on something. I'm sure these new units are going to actually cost Microsoft far less to make than the old ones, hence the release, but honestly I can't see the XBox 360 (or PS3) being the go-to consoles in 3 years.

My brother-in-law's brother is one of the 3 producers of the Halo games for Microsoft Game Studios. Next time I see him I'll try to find out if he knows whether or not they're working on a new console. They're understandably tight lipped about this stuff, but I'm sure I could get confirmation that they're doing something new.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited June 2010
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Grimster74
    edited June 2010
    I'm just like a majority of the board here and have no plans of replacing my XBOX 360 Elite that was just purchased in February 2010. I do however like the new looks as well as the wireless built-in but like Demi, I'm hardwired and have no plans of changing that either.
  • Sherardp
    edited June 2010
    I suppose I'm the only one here on the old console so I'll be in for a treat. All you guys with the Elites, must be nice.

• kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited June 2010
    I'm not on an Elite, but I do have a Jasper arcade with a 120gb drive on it. Not gonna jump on the new 360 just yet, but I may do it in November when the Kinect/360 bundles hit... mostly because all my other gear is black and the 360 stands out like the proverbial **** in the punchbowl. :D
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited June 2010
    I'll be sure to get one when my refurbbed RROD replacement dies. Which should be soon considering how loud the disc drive is in that POS. Makes me feel like I'm back at work, listening to a C-130 doing an engine run.
  • Demiurge
    edited June 2010
    I'm not on an Elite, but I do have a Jasper arcade with a 120gb drive on it. Not gonna jump on the new 360 just yet, but I may do it in November when the Kinect/360 bundles hit... mostly because all my other gear is black and the 360 stands out like the proverbial **** in the punchbowl. :D

Yep, no Elite here either.
  • leroyjr1
    edited June 2010
    Not a xboxer so I have to asked what's the difference between the elite and regular xbox?

Thanks
  • Demiurge
    edited June 2010
    leroyjr1 wrote: »
    Not a xboxer so I have to asked what's the difference between the elite and regular xbox?

Thanks

Functionally? Nothing really. Although parts and features have been upgraded in all models since launch and they're all basically the same now aside from the hard drives.

The Elites are black in color other than white and they came with a 160 GB hard drive, HDMI 1.2 Cable, Black Headset, and Black Controller.

The XBox 360 Pro comes with a 60GB (used to be 20GB) hard drive, headset, and wireless controller. No HDMI cable included.

The XBox 360 Arcade version didn't include a hard drive at all (you'd have to buy your own), headset, and wireless controller. No HDMI cable included.

I'm sure I'm missing a few details, but the reality is all you're getting with the elite is a bigger hard drive, a different color and an HDMI cable.
  • Grimster74
    edited June 2010
    Elite comes with 120 GB Hard Drive Demi, get it right Son!!!!;) Well at least that's what mine came with.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited June 2010
    Face wrote: »
    Wowsers. A real appetite for games.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Zitro
    Zitro Posts: 864
    edited June 2010
    Interesting; its about time Microsoft stopped **** around with a $100 wireless adapter when the PS3 has internal wireless. And quieter is nice; mine is constantly droning and it's annoying as hell. If/when mine dies this will be a nice machine to look in to.
    - Jeremy

Amps: Jolida FX-10, NAD 3045, NAD C320BEE, Sansui G-9700
    Speakers: Polk Monitor 7A's, KEF Reference 104aB
    Sources: ProJect Debut Carbon, Sonos streaming FLAC
  • Sherardp
    edited June 2010
    I decided to cancel my order for this, and like the rest of you guys just use what I have considering it's performing OK at the moment. I won't waste the coin just yet.

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,972
    edited June 2010
    Ill get one of these for the den and move the old one to a bedroom for a LAN setup -- my main XBox is glitchy as hell. Doesnt turn on sometimes... doesnt open the disc tray sometimes

blah blah blah
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • dubradio
    dubradio Posts: 181
    edited June 2010
    ^ x2, I have re melted my zephyr box 4 times in 3 years for RROD/video blocking issues, and modded it to use 2 large PC CPU heat syncs +fans on case, it work fine now, but I was a box with wireless N and larger HDD + hdmi, so needless to say I will by a new 360 and move the modded zephyr box to upstairs for lan play, try and get the pops to start playing a little.
  • polkatese
    edited June 2010
    Kyle, you said the same RROD happened to your Jasper? That's discouraging...I thought Jasper is the end of RROD?
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • dubradio
    edited June 2010
    oops my bad, i am typing to much today, I should have said Zephyr box, not jasper box
  • polkatese
    edited June 2010
    phoeey. that's a relieved. :)
  • PoLk FaN
    PoLk FaN Posts: 81
    edited June 2010
    I wish this 360 was the one that came out almost five years ago:mad:
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Denon avr 1910
    Mains- Polk Audio Monitor 60
    Center- Polk Audio CS2 series II's
    Surrounds- Polk Audio Monitor 40 series II's
    Surround Backs Polk Audio Monitor 30
    Subs- Mirage S8 & Psw505
    T.V.- 46" Samsung lcd 120hz
    Blu-Ray- 60 GB PS3
    HD Dvd-Toshiba HD-A3
    Xbox 360- O town killer81
  • dubradio
    edited June 2010
    just another way for microsoft to get my money :P no biggie though, microsoft could have release this new one at 499. but no one would by it at that price.
  • kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited June 2010
    Best for them stay out of BD. They can't release games on it because it would splinter the market... Blu-ray competes too much with their on-demand download offerings... plus BD drives are significantly slower than DVD drives for loading games from DVD, which 360 games are optimized for. BD in a 360 would be a BAD idea.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen