Someone go buy these speakers

Options

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,098
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Edit
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Hey Sid - thanks for joining in. I have no clue what the hell your spewing. Maybe Dad should have told you how to hook up Dolby Digital ****. Your dads rig has nothing on mine but if it makes you a proud son - who gives a ****.
    This conversation had not a F'ing thing to do with you. Now that you made it to the HOS you still have to keep up the ****. Read my post I have written to you - YOU HAVE SOME ISSUES fella.
    Get over it or leave.
  • VR3
    edited June 2003
    Options
    edit
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • scottvamp
    edited June 2003
    Options
    ONLY TO YOU SID!!!!!!!!
    Notice how since you have been on this site - I would say participation has dropped about 30% -
    Coincidence - I think not.
    But you win I WILL be moving to another forum site shortly.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Scott,
    Even I, who is bothered as all hell with Sid and the way that he posts, have tact when I tell him why he bugs me. You obviously don't have the desire to show it, and I suppose that for that aspect of your posts, it'll be good to see you gone and enjoying another forum. Enjoy, and hope ya leave to that other forum quickly.
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • VR3
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Brett, I think I get what your saying...lol. But can you simplify that just a tad?? lol...sorry. I think it means ya'll be glad to see Scott gone. Well there, we agree on something.
  • brettw22
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Sid,
    I'm sayin that I don't like the way that he's posting as of late, and because of that, yes, I'm glad to see him going. You should also take from that, that I don't dislike you as a person.....I dislike the way you post, and that's why there's been conflict and intollerance to the (now commonly phrased) pointless posts that are so regular..........
  • VR3
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Ok, Lets make a deal. I post less pointless, and you stop giving me crap...ok? sound cool?
  • brettw22
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Do I have to agree to this? I mean, I kinda like giving you crap.....;)
  • VR3
    edited June 2003
    Options
    and I kinda like posting pointless...lol...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,846
    edited June 2003
    Options
    MX,

Tact.......purpose that he trys to stop giving you a hard time and you will try to stop your pointless posts......just sounds better. I would say that Brett is being very civil with you, return in kind.

I really need to go to bed.........
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Sid, Brett,

Find some other common ground, OK?

Chasing this Scott off the forum is nothing to be proud of. He ribs, he roasts and he helps. Flamed me way back in my newbie days on the way to becoming site friends.

He knows more about front projection rigs than anyone else here. Best I can tell he's one of the, if not THE, original front channel on steroids guys. Also one of the bigger 6.1 proponents.

He's steered many members down one or more of these paths.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • VR3
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Scott has much knowlage, no doubt. But hes an ****$. Sorry to be blunt, but he is. He brags to much, and hes just annoying. Maybe its just me. Brett and I are finding common grounds here and are trying to put whatever behind us.
  • F1nut
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Go to bed, Sid.........:D

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by F1nut
    Go to bed, Sid.........:D

I am......I am........I am.............trying to. I have driver's ed tommorow. U'd think Id need the rest wouldnt you. Im gonna come up to your house Jesse on my first road trip....haha, jk.
  • brettw22
    edited June 2003
    Options
    If you're being serious about stopping with the pointless posts, then yes I'll cut ya some slack. What I said in the now HOS'd thread about saying what you have to say still stands. You did finally clarify yourself about the other issue, and that's fine/appreciated.....but when you're given 4 chances to explain your snyde comments and you totally ignore those chances, don't act surprised if peoples reactions resemble mine as of late. The way people communicate says a LOT about the type of person that they are, ya know?
  • VR3
    edited June 2003
    Options
    I know what ya mean. It took me a couple of days to actually gather the words to explain it. LoL, sorry - but right now. I have to go to sleep...lol, Ill ttu guys later. Goodnight, Jesse - go to bed :cool:
  • brettw22
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by Tour2ma
    Chasing this Scott off the forum is nothing to be proud of. He ribs, he roasts and he helps.
    I don't have a problem with Scott overall. I'm saying that if he wants to pop in randomly and **** all over everyone's systems because they don't measure up to what he deems appropriate, then good riddance. In this thread alone, there are 6 posts of his that do absolutely nothing other than berate other people's systems, their opinions, or state how much he dislikes Sid. I can't believe that I'm gonna do this (and i'll edit this part later so there's no proof), but I agree with Sid about him being an A$$ lately. Of course he's welcome to stay, but just because he's an old timer doesn't mean that he's permitted to stay and treat people like ****......It's also a bit redundant to see him post over and over and over again (get it?) as he laughs at other people for the size of their set-ups.

I didn't put up with it from a newbie like Redhouse in the other thread, as I won't put up with it here. He stated that he's on his way out. I was just wishing him well as he's obviously not happy posting here any more..........
  • VR3
    edited June 2003
    Options
    I can't believe that I'm gonna do this (and i'll edit this part later so there's no proof), but I agree with Sid about him being an A$$ lately. Of course he's welcome to stay, but just because he's an old timer doesn't mean that he's permitted to stay and treat people like ****......It's also a bit redundant to see him post over and over and over again (get it?) as he laughs at other people for the size of their set-ups. - Brett

No need to edit it man, Im gonna quote is for ya...lol. See, thats what I have been trying to tell yall all along. lol, now im out. Redhouse, that was kinda weird though. People should read the posts before they go screaming their heads off ya know?
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Just preaching a little tolerance. Besides, I thought the letterbox on a 19" was pretty funny...

Well now I gotta look up Redhouse... if the effin' Koreans would quit trying to Trojanhorse my ****... at least 5 attacks in the past 4 hours...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited June 2003
    Options
    letter box on a 19" is funny lol, i should know i have a 19" RCA in my room haahaa. but then again before i had a TV i hooked my stereo up to my computer and played DVD's that way lol. whatever works haahaa. (my computer monitor is better then my TV haahaa and only 2" smaller lol)
  • scottvamp
    edited June 2003
    Options
    All of my sarcasm is funny. Heeeeee!
    Brett what the hell or you talking about - all this so called bashing and bragging you got from sid and sid only.
    If I gave you any **** (I as always playfuly joke) I may have said that your center channel is bigger than your tv - that's just good stuff man.
    Sid has ruined the Polk name for me.
    Sid always ignores all my points and edits his crap because he can't stand the smell of his own sh@t.
    I have an awesome HT but have never bragged. There is a fine line to jealousy. One of the ways I get the most enjoyment out of my HT is to see the delightment my friends and family get from it.
    I am at a different level of HT than most people on this site.
    I do not have the $200 plug and go & a 19" tv and expect people
    to
    *not give me "funnies"
    *expect people to worship me
    *pretend that it is as good as it gets
    and so on. Sorry not an HT -
    Brett I have been putting up with sid for along and I am wwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy out of patience - if you did not jump to conclutions YOU would know this like the other forums members that understand.
    I say what is on my mind and my friends on this forum KNOW THIS and RESPECT it. Sorry you guys can't - not my problem.
    Like I said I shall be gone shortly and on goes the ever declining particapation of this site. Full of meaningless post.
    Nothing else to say - see nothing gained and nothing to promote OUR ht hobbie - mmmeeeaaaannnniiinnngggllleesssssss
  • hotwheelman
    hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
    edited June 2003
    Options
    I'm leaving? Sure,Sure.....thats what they all say and they all eventually come right back.:D I guess if my system ever makes it to the showcase that I can look foward to a few crap comments about it, but you know I don't mind and I know that it is the best that I can afford to have until I can do better. At least I do have a 42 inch big screen, but I wouldn't have even had that had it not been given to me, otherwise I would still be watching movies on the 25 inch sanyo set;)

I hope that in a few more years that I will be in a better position financially to start really spending some big $$ on some high end gear, with children in the mix though you have to set your priorities and audio gear and h.t just do not get first dibs.
    Oh well I guess I will just have to keep dreaming about for now.

Cheers,
    Mike
    "Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
    "Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
  • scottvamp
    edited June 2003
    Options
    You can dewwwwww it!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
  • F1nut
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Scott,

I'm sure that you are aware of this, but maybe a friendly reminder could help. If you or anyone is out of patience with another forum member, just put them on your ignore list, problem solved. :cool:

F1

President of Club Polk

• scottvamp
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Really - I heard of this feature but never used it.
    F1 - you have made my night!
    How does it work?
  • scottvamp
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Thanks F1 - I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    But how does it work exactly???
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Find a thread that the offending party has posted on and look at how it is now shown.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • scottvamp
    edited June 2003
    Options
    THANKS Frank and F1 - that is sooooo cool. And I got both aka's.
    Much better:D
  • F1nut
    edited June 2003
    Options
    It's the simple things in life.

President of Club Polk