New System....Help!

Options
steve0202
steve0202 Posts: 28
I bought a Sony HT5500D 5.1 Home Theater system 6 months ago. (5x100W DTS receiver). Did not enjoy the sound so I have in transit to me the following: Pair of RTi70's, PSW-250,CSi30, and 2 RM series II satellites. Will the Sony receiver from the home theater system be OK for this speaker system? Would buying a Denon AVR make a noticeable difference? or do I need to go out and spend big money on a B&K AVR? I have a limited budget so I was hoping the Sony would be a sufficient receiver. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve
Rti70's
Csi30
PSW-250
RM5000 series II sats
Denon AV2802
Denon DVM 1815
Toshiba 32" TV/Monitor
Post edited by steve0202 on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    edited May 2003
    Options
    You can use that receiver,it's a standard Sony AVR.

I would save for a Denon avr3803 in the future.Thats what I believe you should use for that system you wanna build.

The other receiver I would use would be the Pioneer Elite vsx45tx.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Your Sony receiver will drive the Polks just fine. You should listen to the Polks being powered by the Sony first to see if you need a better receiver. A Denon will sound better. If you decide to upgrade the receiver, make sure you do a lot of research to find the one that's riht for you. There are plenty of good sounding receivers out there.
    Conrats on the new purchase. You're going to have a killer HT with the new speakers.

Maurice