So Mantis/ Hero's

Options
STUFFMD
STUFFMD Posts: 381
I just read your review of the Hero interconnect, sounded very favorible. How do you think it will match up with my 800's, the dome tweeter part of the equasion especially. I just purchased a NAD C270 to improve my 2 channel/to 800's and am very much looking forward to moving my 4 tc's to the Hf, it will be here in about a week and am shopping for the connect end, but will the Hero be too fatiguing in my setup?
Just looking for your 2 cents. Anyone elses 2 is very welcome and appreciated.
Stuff
Your system is only as good as your weakest component...!

OnkyoTX-DS 797
NAD C270/ Mains
Mains: LSI9's
Center: Cs400i /Biwired
Rear: Fx300i
Rear Center:CS 245i
Dvd: Onkyo DVS 555
Vision RCA 36" Premiere Series
Bang & Olfsen RX Turntable
Psw 350 Front/Psw 202 rear
Kimber Cable 4TC Mains HF
Monster Originals/Center
Kimber Interconnects
Monster XP Everywhere else
PS2/Gamecube
Post edited by STUFFMD on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    edited May 2003
    Options
    STUFFMD
    I'm not thinking fatigue is going to be a problem.The Hero's are clear and true.

Bright systems would benefit from Transparent more.I have found Kimber a killer cable to live in up a more neutral system.My system is pretty falt and laid back.The Hero's brought balance to the system.They work for me and is why I decided to part ways with all of my Transparent.....If your looking for a good deal on some killer IC's,check out my Transparent Musiclinks in the flea market.Hero's had a tuff time with them head to head.....very tuff time........
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Threw - the act of causing something to fly through the air.

Through - beyond. from the beginning to the end or conclusion of.

Looks like a case of in through the out door. ;)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• STUFFMD
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Thanks for the reply Mantis..as always I appreciate your 2. For $120 for a meter brand new I think I found a very good deal on the Hero.
    Reguards, Stuff

OnkyoTX-DS 797
    NAD C270/ Mains
    Monster Originals/Center
    Kimber Interconnects
    PS2/Gamecube
  • dcarlson
    dcarlson Posts: 1,740
    edited May 2003
    Options
    I have Heros between Rotel RCD1070 cd player and Denon 2802 with RT1000i. I demoed a good half dozen interconnects and liked the Heros the most. Nice and clear with nothing exagerated.

If you have a chance, you should give the Silver Streaks a try. They share the same contruction as the Heros only silver vs copper. I was told the imaging was tighter and the soundstage wider. I can't back that up with a real world test though. I want to give them a shot but my local dealer has them at $499CDN which is totally outrageous. On audioadvisor they're $160US.

Derick.
    SDA-2a, Anthem Pre-2L, Anthem Amp 1, MF A324 DAC, Rotel RCD1070

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • STUFFMD
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Hey Derick,
    Yeah, that's what I keep hearing about the Hero, nothing there that should not be, just clean, clear sound..is what I am looking for..I buy my cables from audio advisor as well , good company that's where I got the 4tc's.$120 is about my limit at this time, I was wanting to spend around 100, but I will go a little more for the Kimber pair. Thanks for the input.
    Stuff.

OnkyoTX-DS 797
    NAD C270/ Mains
    Monster Originals/Center
    Kimber Interconnects
    PS2/Gamecube
  • dcarlson
    edited May 2003
    Options
    No prob, I don't think you'll be disappointed. Keep in mind, you probably already know this but, there is a burn in period.

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • mantis
    edited May 2003
    Options
    STUFFMD,
    sounds great.Im so impressed with the Hero's I decided to rewire my entire system with KimberKable.I have done alot of listening and alot of research on KimberKable.I wish I would have explored them along time ago.I was always intrested in them as there designs where fasinating.
    Dan
  • dcarlson
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Dan, how are you comming along that Kimber fan club? :D I think we have another potential member.

• STUFFMD
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Yeah I ordered the Hero pair last night as well as a new coax for the DVD...might as well be getting clear all around. Should get here at the same time as my new NAD amp....Christmas all over again.
    You know when you read reviews you always find some guy to complain about a product, I could not find one negative on the Heros..that tells me that this cable mixes well with all types of systems.
    Stuff

OnkyoTX-DS 797
    NAD C270/ Mains
    Monster Originals/Center
    Kimber Interconnects
    PS2/Gamecube
  • mantis
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Let me see........

We got a Rotel fan club

A B&K Simply Better Club

And now a growing KimberKable Club.......

I would like to start a Lis fan club.........

We are all here in th epolk club........

I guess we should start having meetings,get the T shirts all ordered and make in one big cool **** club.

What do you think???Shall I be the director of standards or do we need to take votes on that?
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited May 2003
    Options
    On the Heros.........

No negitive feed back you will find from me.I love them to death.I got Kimber in my soul.

For me to sell my Transparent and be cool with got to say alot about the Kimbers..............it does for me.
    Dan
  • pjdami
    pjdami Posts: 1,894
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Stuff,

QUOTE]I just purchased a NAD C270 to improve my 2 channel/to 800's[/QUOTE]

You are going to love the C270 amp. It's got some serious slam to it. 120 watts continuous at 8 ohms, 210 watts instantaneous. Variable gain inputs so that you can match your system for HT. Nice warm sounding amp for the green; I love mine.

P.
  • STUFFMD
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Yeah I am really looking forward to getting this thing..I have always liked NAD for the dollar but the C270 is a real step up for them, everything I have heard about the amp is awsome...am definately lookng for somthing more musical and I hear this is it for the dollar. I hear it is hard to find a speaker this thing can't drive..I was pretty impressed when I saw that it actually has 2 binding posts FOR Bi-wireing....first time I saw that on an amp..pretty bold statement...
    Stuff

OnkyoTX-DS 797
    NAD C270/ Mains
    Monster Originals/Center
    Kimber Interconnects
    PS2/Gamecube
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited May 2003
    Options
    STUFF,
    I also own the C270 and love it. pj is absolutely correct about the C270's ability SLAM and it slams real hard. I love the 2 sets of binding posts. I'm usig both sets for bi-wiring. Trust me, you won't be dissapointed. I had a post in the speakers forum about trying out my 800i's with the C270 called "RT's and Seperates".

Dan,
    Sorry if I'm a little behind here, but what happened to the Transparent you planned to get? Is Kimber really that much better? Until I make more money I'm going to stay with Monster.

Maurice
  • pjdami
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Looks like we got us a NAD group going here too...

Russ where yat man?? Chime in here....

P.

p.s. I got a bit of all of 'em. ... B&K, Rotel, LSi, NAD....
  • mantis
    edited May 2003
    Options
    organ,
    I wouldn't say Kimber is better then Transparent.....they are different.They react different.

The only thing I like better with the Kimber hero's is the high's.There's a slight increase in trebble.Cymbols come out alittle more forward.The Transparent musiclinks make the cymbols sound like there "in there" a bit,not as forward.Mid range ans bass are almost exactly the same but giving the bass the edge to the Kimbers.It's slightly more forward as well.

One the other hand I perferred the Tranpsarent with the Rotel gear.The Rotel attacked a bit more then my B&K does so the Transparent was a perfect Balanced fit.B&K is laid back and to me sounds better with a agressive cable.

So a better cable???No better for the system I built??yes.If I had Rotel instead of B&K then the switch wouldn't have been made.
    Dan
  • pjdami
    edited May 2003
    Options
    One the other hand I perferred the Tranpsarent with the Rotel gear.The Rotel attacked a bit more then my B&K does so the Transparent was a perfect Balanced fit.B&K is laid back and to me sounds better with a agressive cable.

Based on your earlier review and also Polkatease's review, this is exactly what I was thinking and why I chose to purchase a pair of the Music Links to try out. I want to use them on the Rotel with the LSi 9s.

My B&K PT5/NAD C270 is slightly warmer sounding than the Rotel 1055 when played on my LSi's. I'm thinking the two channel rig will sound better with the Signal Cables. They both sound good...just different. I think once I get the Music Links I will have enough combinations of stuff to try out to find "the sound" that it is about as close to perfect as I can get with my system. All of this fine tuning.....

By the way, I did some testing this morning Signal Cable vs. Radio Shack Fusions, and the Signal Cable is definitely better sounding. More open, better clarity, and a bit crisper / brighter sounding. Also a bit tighter bass and stronger more defined center image.

P.
  • mantis
    edited May 2003
    Options
    wait untill you get the Transparents........a new ballgame coming your way my man......

Try them out with your 2 channel rig as well.They are one killer pair of IC's.
    Dan
  • dcarlson
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Hey Stuff, have you received those Heros yet?

• STUFFMD
    edited June 2003
    Options
    No ..when I ordered them the status said one business day to get them sent out..the next day I went to see if they were sent out, status was changed to 10 business days....that's OK though ...my new amp won't be here till next week anyway.
    Stuff

OnkyoTX-DS 797
    NAD C270/ Mains
    Monster Originals/Center
    Kimber Interconnects
    PS2/Gamecube
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited June 2003
    Options
    I don't want to hijack this thread or anything. but I am looking for a pair of decent cables to run from my DAC to the receiver. I am looking for warm sounding interconnects. I have plenty of brightness and uppger end.. now i need to tame it a bit.. but I still want to keep the openness and clarity. thanks
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • mantis
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Transparent Musiclinks allday
    Dan
  • STUFFMD
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Hey Dangerboy,
    Highjack away..that's what we are here for....I was definately thinking about and resurching MIT's, had a listen at the local shop, also look at internet reviews...sounds very much like what you are looking for...especially interconnect and speaker wire wise. Worth a look into from your perspective. Reading the reviews, sounds like they address everything you describe.
    My 2 Stuff

OnkyoTX-DS 797
    NAD C270/ Mains
    Monster Originals/Center