Up for your karma consideration is a HRT Music Streamer HD DAC!

71elbPySk4L._SL1500_.jpg

music-10.jpg

I say "DAC for Mac", because I experienced some technical difficulties getting this USB powered DAC to work correctly with the various PCs I tried it with. It seems to be very temperamental about it's USB connection, and on the PCs I tried it with, I experienced dropouts that manifested as static clicks and pops over the music. I wasn't able to reliably get it working without those dropouts, but I tested it on a Mac Mini and it worked flawlessly.

So, if you have a Mac and are looking to try out a very nice DAC go ahead and enter the karma giveaway. If you have a PC I suppose you can enter as well, but just be warned that I wasn't able to get it functioning correctly on the 3 different PCs I tried (Windows 7, Windows 10, and Daphile Linux). So, I'd much rather it go to someone who uses/owns a Mac as their source, so that I know they would be able to get satisfaction from it's flawless operation.

It's a great sounding DAC with excellent musicality and timing, and a punchy engaging sound. Plus it has balanced outputs, so it would be perfect for a set of powered monitors.

Enter by picking a number 1-100 and the drawing will happen next weekend.
Got Dayens?

Comments

• Nice Karma! Not it but awesome for someone !
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 4,212
    In with 48 please.
    Lumin D1, KEF LS50 Wireless, Cayin scd-50T, LH Labs VI Dac, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9, HP I7 Laptop, Wireworld Eclipse 7, Wireworld Aurora, Wireworld Electra 7, Signal Magic Digital, Cardas Quadralink 5C, Velodyne SPL1200
    USB helpers: w4s Recovery

HT: Elite SC27, Full Polk RTI setup.

• codycatalistcodycatalist Posts: 1,615
    Not in but awesome Karma!
    Living room

Mains: Paradigm 90P
    Lows: Velodyne CHT12, Pioneer SW-8Mk2
    Power: Marantz SR7000
    Tv: Samsung UHD 55' Curved 4k

2 Channel Den

Mains: SDA2B Upgraded XOs and Binding Posts
    Pre: Denon PRA-1200
    Power: Adcom GFA-545
    TT: Pioneer PL510
    Tv: Samsung UHD 55' 4K

Noggin Rockin'

Phillips L2
    Grado SE80
    Harman Kardon CL
    Little dot 1+/GE JAN 5654w

Closet of Dreams:

Harman Kardon AVR130
    Yamaha HTR5590
    Polk RTA11TL
    Polk TSI200s
    New Large Advents 25th Anniversary Edition
    Bravo V2/RCA Clear top Conn branded 12AU7
    Yamaha AV-34

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
  • DabutcherDabutcher Posts: 1,718
    Any way this would work with an iPad? Great Karma.
    Love yours, D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Mitsubishi rear projection 73, PS4, PSW505 , Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4, RTi12, FXiA6, CSiA6, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05

“Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 15,927
    In with 66
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,127
    In with 25 please, nice Karma! I’ll find a way to make it work with my iPad.
    Not Tom, or Trey, or Jim
    NAD C352
    Monitor Audio Radius R90’s/Mission Freedom 770 IV
    BJC speaker cables, generic RCA’s, one homemade power cable, because that’s going to do any good with the rest of the generic ones.
    Technics SL3200 turntable and a Shure M97xE phono cartridge
    Velodyne VA-907 subwoofer
    Lafayette LR-1100 acting as a tuner and phono.
    I've always thought the goal of high end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • vmaxervmaxer Posts: 4,288
    Very nice, not in though.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • AsSiMiLaTeDAsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,715
    Great timing on this, need one to replace a Dragonfly that just bit the dust. In with my age, 41
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 14,874
    Great timing on this, need one to replace a Dragonfly that just bit the dust. In with my age, 41

Old ****. Not in with my age.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • verbverb Posts: 3,323
    Nice Karma Drew!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 4,597
    This is VERY nice karma. I really liked my HRT music streamer II+ and my HRT micro streamer. Really good sound for the money. I am good on DACs and I traded in my MacBook Air otherwise I would join in on the fun.

Good luck everyone!
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio Nova Integrated; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10 + MartinLogan Dynamo (original) sub; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - SVS PB10-ISD; LG UP870 4K BDP

Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; Audiosource Amp Two, PSB Imagine B, Boston VR-10 center, NHT Super One CI surrounds, ACI Titan subwoofer, Squeezebox Touch
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,715
    edited September 19
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    Love yours, D

No idea, but I think you need one of these in order to try it:

mr923pz4borz.jpg
    Got Dayens?
  • engtazengtaz Posts: 7,511
    in with 77
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
    edited September 19
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    Love yours, D

I am really unsure if it will. There are only a few that are designed to, the audioquest dragonfly and the ifi Nano iDSD are the only two that I know for sure. I was under the impression that ONLY these would work with iOS devices. But then I plugged my iPhone using the adapter @Clipdat listed to to my def tech incline powered speakers with built in USB DAC, and it worked! So it might be worth a try...but you will definitely need the $30 adapter...which you also need for the aforementioned DACs.
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio Nova Integrated; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10 + MartinLogan Dynamo (original) sub; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - SVS PB10-ISD; LG UP870 4K BDP

Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; Audiosource Amp Two, PSB Imagine B, Boston VR-10 center, NHT Super One CI surrounds, ACI Titan subwoofer, Squeezebox Touch
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 15,927
    Not sure, mainly because it pulls the power from the device, so even if it does work, its gonna drain your battery faster (which is one thing they tweaked with the new Dragonfly versions).
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
    Not sure, mainly because it pulls the power from the device, so even if it does work, its gonna drain your battery faster (which is one thing they tweaked with the new Dragonfly versions).

That is a good point Dan. Plugged into powered monitors, power obviously isn’t a problem. And I only tested it briefly...
    HT Rig:

Master Bedroom
    engtaz wrote: »
    in with 77

You'll have to pick another number, halo already entered with 77.
    Got Dayens?
  • engtazengtaz Posts: 7,511
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Jimbo18Jimbo18 Posts: 1,807
    Not in but nice karma.
    Modest HT - Pio Elite SC-63, RT800i, CS400i center, FXi50 surrounds, Def Tech PF 15TL+, Belkin PF30, Samsung UBD-M7500.
    Even more modest Bedroom - HK AVR 340, Monitor 5jr+ Series2, CS300 center, Furez 10/2, Roku Premiere+
    Attn: Mac users, last day to get your entries in.
    Got Dayens?
    Do you think it would work with the iTunes program on Windows 10?
    Not Tom, or Trey, or Jim
    NAD C352
    BJC speaker cables, generic RCA’s, one homemade power cable, because that’s going to do any good with the rest of the generic ones.
    I've always thought the goal of high end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
    edited September 23
    mlistens03 wrote: »

Not without incredibly disrupting dropouts that manifest themselves as loud static clicks heard over the music. Like I said, I tried it with three different PCs and each one made these occasional static clicks/pops that really detract from the listening experience.
    Got Dayens?
    Clipdat wrote: »
    mlistens03 wrote: »

Not without incredibly disrupting dropouts that manifest themselves as loud static clicks heard over the music. Like I said, I tried it with three different PCs and each one made these occasional static clicks/pops that really detract from the listening experience.

Ok. Still in, worst case scenario I’ll give it to my Dad for his Mac.
    Not Tom, or Trey, or Jim
    NAD C352
    Alrighty then!

By the way, I was music shopping yesterday at Amoeba and Rasputin's in Berkeley, and Rasputin's had a copy of Rubber Soul on vinyl being displayed and I thought of you. I believe the price tag said $30.
    Got Dayens?
  • verbverb Posts: 3,323
    Is the drawing next weekend? Oops did I just bump this thread? :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    Sorry for the late drawing, it'll happen right now!
    Got Dayens?
    3rgrsvpj2d2e.png
    Got Dayens?
    Looks like @halo is the lucky winner. Congrats Victor!
    Got Dayens?