Wanted AV Receiver

Hello all,
My son is looking for an AV Receiver that is in very good shape and has 5 HDMI inputs that all work. Remote would be nice as well, I have been pretty lucky more than once here on Polk Forum buying used Receivers so why not see what is out there and if you have something laying you can part with for a kid in college on limited income let me know please.

Thanks

Comments

• DSkipDSkip Posts: 14,572
    If he already has an AVR, have you considered an HDMI switch as an option? It will be much cheaper and I find the switches useful.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 4,279
    Yea Ivan if he still has the one I sold him the monoprice hdmi switchers work great, and grab a refurbished harmony remote to power it all. All in much less than a new receiver...
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Parasound HCA-1205A; Arcam rDac; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10 + MartinLogan Dynamo (original) sub; Center - Def Tech Procenter 1000; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - SVS PB10-ISD; Sony BDP-S390, FireTV gen 2

Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Audiosource Amp Two, PSB Imagine Mini, Boston VR-10 center, NHT Super One CI surrounds, ACI Titan subwoofer, FireTV, Arcam rDac; Bryson BPD-1
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 10,027
    He has nothing trying to build something. I have a set of speakers I will give him.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 3,834
    Der duh der, I missed the "V" part of your request and the requirement for HDMI ports. I'm dumb.

Oh well, I'm going to leave those links there because they represent a nice value for anyone looking to get into stereo stuff.
    Got Dayens?
  • rpf65rpf65 Posts: 1,694
    Have an old Yamaha RX-V571 laying around. You can have it for the cost of shipping.
    rpf65 wrote: »
    Have an old Yamaha RX-V571 laying around. You can have it for the cost of shipping.

Well lets see, where you located?
  • rpf65rpf65 Posts: 1,694
    Texas. Will ship from 78654
  • IrrenhausIrrenhaus Posts: 744
    edited June 25
    I still have this one.

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/175412/opinion-on-possible-give-away

From Bay Area 94509

Cheers
    AVR-Onkyo709
    AMP- Parasound 2125, Adcom 585
    Mains for HT and some Music- RTi12s
    Main for Music only- Linn Keilidh or Usher V-601 and SDA 1C
    PreAmp for Music: Cary AE-3
    Rear- RT150
    Center-CSi5
    Sub-Rythmik audio F25
    Player- Oppo BDP-103

Bedroom rig:
    Pionner Elite VSX-30...Onkyo CS-5VL SACD Player....Polk Audio LS70
    I'll keep it in mind thanks
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 1,207
    I don’t have one I can send you, but you could look for a Yamaha RX-c665 if you could do with one less HDMI input. Very reliable, and can actually drive some (relatively) difficult speakers with (relative) ease.generally go for $50-150 for beaten up models to pristine. I’m not looking to get rid of mine, so just a suggestion.
    2 channel
    Speakers: Mission 770 Freedoms
    Integrated amp: Technics SU-v75 and matching tuner
    CDP: Technics SL-PC20
    Cables: Monoprice, Monster, Acoustic Research, and a few generic ones
    TT: Technics SL-3200, direct drive
    Cartridge: Shure M97xE

Pc gaming setup
    Receiver/amp: Yamaha RX-V665
    Computer: Lenovo g50 (soon to be upgraded to a Dell Precision 690 which is far from stock!!)
    Interconnects: Amazon basics HDMI, Acoustic Research HDMI, Monoprice speaker cables
    Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR75s

Random equipment on standby:
    Onkyo TX-v940, JBL woofers and tweeters, single Klipsch KG .5, Yamaha guitar amplifier, Peavey Rage 158 guitar amplifier, Kicker comp 12” subwoofer, single Bose 802 series II, a whole bunch of 1”-3” full range drivers, Infinity Crescendo 3007s (on sale), Polk LSi25s
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

You don't tell her you read the manual, and you tell her you know what the problem is, and you fixed it, because that what men do, fix things
    sure it has a flat response, and sure it has a lot of detail, and yes, it has good and clear lows. But is it enjoyable to listen to? Does it make you grin ear to ear? That’s what really matters.
    Seen somewhere on AudioKarma (I think)
  • jhw59jhw59 Posts: 247
    I have a Pioneer Elite VSX-32 and a Yamaha Rx-V663 both in original boxes with all accessories and ready to ship. I bought both new. PM me if interested.
    jhw59 wrote: »
    I have a Pioneer Elite VSX-32 and a Yamaha Rx-V663 both in original boxes with all accessories and ready to ship. I bought both new. PM me if interested.

will do rpf65 has been working on getting one to me. lets see where this goes. Thanks appreciate the offer. ;)
  • Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 13,711
    I have a Pioneer SC-07 sitting doing nothing, mint condition, original box, and all accessories, I honestly don't know what the going price is on these now days...
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    I have a Pioneer SC-07 sitting doing nothing, mint condition, original box, and all accessories, I honestly don't know what the going price is on these now days...

heck I'd keep that for myself and give him my old Yamaha Rx-v1800 ....

He needs 5 HDMI ports. heck if I didn't just fork over money for the OPPO I'd be all over this Larry. :D
  • IrrenhausIrrenhaus Posts: 744
    edited June 29
    I also have a VSX-30. I will send pictures a bit rough on the top cover.

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/AV-Receivers/Elite+Receivers/VSX-30

Same deal as the Onkyo.

No crackling noises.

Cheers
    AVR-Onkyo709
    AMP- Parasound 2125, Adcom 585
    Mains for HT and some Music- RTi12s
    Main for Music only- Linn Keilidh or Usher V-601 and SDA 1C
    PreAmp for Music: Cary AE-3
    Rear- RT150
    Center-CSi5
    Sub-Rythmik audio F25
    Player- Oppo BDP-103

Bedroom rig:
    Pionner Elite VSX-30...Onkyo CS-5VL SACD Player....Polk Audio LS70
    Thanks

At the moment rpf65 and I have something in the works.