Opinion on Possible Give Away.

Options
I have an Onkyo 709 that I just replaced last Saturday. It has a crackling noise on one of the surround back channels. But it does have a new HDMI board that was replaced in 2014 by Onkyo.

Also everything else works fine. All pre out channels work okay.

Will it be okay to give this unit to some one that will like to play with it?

I do have the original packaging and the only cost will be the shipping. My guess is about 32lbs total or local pick up here in the SF Bay Area.

Comments welcome.

Cheers
Rey
HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.

Comments

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,059
    Options
    I think it'd be a great gesture.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    Options
    As long as it's condition is known by all parties I'd say go for it.

Heck I got a MRX-300 with a non working HDMI board from a member here and I love the heck outta it.

I knew going in the board was bad but was able to make it work fine.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)