Wood Smoker

Hi All,

Just got my early father's day present and entry level gas wood smoker. Will see how this one performs. Well looks I will be cooking for fathers day.

Cheers
c3ep3ioo53zd.jpg
tmbpj616xwpm.jpg
AVR-Onkyo709
AMP- Parasound 2125, Adcom 585
Mains for HT and some Music- RTi12s
Main for Music only- Linn Keilidh or Usher V-601 and SDA 1C
PreAmp for Music: Cary AE-3
Rear- RT150
Center-CSi5
Sub-Rythmik audio F25
Player- Oppo BDP-103

Bedroom rig:
Pionner Elite VSX-30...Onkyo CS-5VL SACD Player....Polk Audio LS70

Comments

• ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 4,417
    Had that same guy before I migrated to electric.

Propane is so nice for consistent heat.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    2 Channel: Silverline Audio Sonatina MKI, Monitor 5 Series II, DIY Seas based bookies
    LR 2 Channel: LSi7, DSW-MP2000
    HT: JTR Triple 8 LCRs, DIYSG Volt 8LX Surrounds, DIYSG Volt 6LX Atmos, 6 SI HT-18D2 Subs
    Guest BR 2 Channel: Swans D1080MKII
    Deck: Pyle BT Speaker pair with upgraded woofers
  • oldrockeroldrocker Posts: 1,778
    Got one similar to that one.

Have not used it much but did smoke some ribs yesterday, the family said they were good. I was not overly happy with the end result.

Hopefully some of you who have mastered these things will chime in on some of your secrets and advise.
  • IrrenhausIrrenhaus Posts: 730
    I also order this. I don't think the thermometer on the door will be that accurate.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016AF50ZI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

AVR-Onkyo709
    Rear- RT150
    Center-CSi5
    Sub-Rythmik audio F25
    Player- Oppo BDP-103

Bedroom rig:
  • ConradiclesConradicles Posts: 5,668
    Make sure to season/cure your new smoker. Congrats, I have 3 grills outside and it is a nice hobby!
  • helipilotdoughelipilotdoug Posts: 1,128
    oldrocker wrote: »
    Got one similar to that one.

Have not used it much but did smoke some ribs yesterday, the family said they were good. I was not overly happy with the end result.

Hopefully some of you who have mastered these things will chime in on some of your secrets and advise.
    Have you tried the 3-2-1 method for smoking ribs?
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

http://www.douglasconnection.com
  • oldrockeroldrocker Posts: 1,778
    Mr. Doug.

I have not done that 3-2-1 thing but just read over it and will try it this weekend.

Thanks!!
    Will give it the first try today. Will do some marinated skirt Stake and potatoes. Using pecan chips.
    Pictures comming.

Cheers
    AVR-Onkyo709
    Rear- RT150
    Center-CSi5
    Sub-Rythmik audio F25
    Player- Oppo BDP-103

Bedroom rig:
  • marvda1marvda1 Posts: 2,982
    how did the food turn out?
    pictures or it didn't happen :D
    Amplifiers: MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800, Usher R1.5
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Transport/Dac: Cayin Venus cd-100i, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkI
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra
    Speaker Cables: Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9, Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Interconnects: Analysis Plus Copper Oval-In Micro, MG Audio Design Planus Cu2,
    Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Power Cables by: Cullen Cables, 6sons Audio, Swiss Cables
    Okay so I did not got pictures of the first try. It was good. I guess it was the beer. But this is the father's day menu:

I use Pecan wood chips and apple slices. The spray was Apple Cider Vinegar, Soy Sauce and Worcestershire sauce and off curse the rub.

Pork Belly with the Skin on:
    udwjsj859rb1.jpg

Baby Back Ribs:
    86d131mmr4z7.jpg

Cheers
    AVR-Onkyo709
    Rear- RT150
    Center-CSi5
    Sub-Rythmik audio F25
    Player- Oppo BDP-103

Bedroom rig:
  • JaybeezJaybeez Posts: 651
    I keep telling myself I'll get a smoker one day but never get around to it. Enjoy!
    Living Room (HT):Denon AVR X-3000 ; LSiM 703 ; LSiM 704C ; FXi4s ; Sub – Rhythmik F12SE

2 Channel Studio: Marantz PM8004 Integrated ; Marantz SA8004 ; Music Hall MMF 7.3TT w/Ortofon Bronze; Schiit Bifrost DAC ; Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s ; Polk PSW 350 Sub

"And these children that you spit on, as they try to change their worlds, are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through."
  • marvda1marvda1 Posts: 2,982
    never ran into a pork belly in one of our local grocery stores. see on a lot of the bbq shows where they cut the ribs away from the belly and cook them as individual pieces.
    Amplifiers: MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800, Usher R1.5
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Transport/Dac: Cayin Venus cd-100i, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkI
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra
    Speaker Cables: Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9, Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Interconnects: Analysis Plus Copper Oval-In Micro, MG Audio Design Planus Cu2,
    Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Power Cables by: Cullen Cables, 6sons Audio, Swiss Cables
  • aprazer402aprazer402 Posts: 975
    marvda1 wrote: »
    never ran into a pork belly in one of our local grocery stores. see on a lot of the bbq shows where they cut the ribs away from the belly and cook them as individual pieces.

I have found pork belly in Asian markets. Usually the larger stores with large fresh meat and seafood counters.
    aprazer402 wrote: »

I have found pork belly in Asian markets. Usually the larger stores with large fresh meat and seafood counters.

Specially Korean Grocery Markets. You can find pork belly bonless or regular with the skin on. Also pork chops with the skin on and those are great. Back home we call them Chuletas Can Can here is a sample.

i63n3smkt3ug.jpg
    Cheers
    AVR-Onkyo709
    Rear- RT150
    Center-CSi5
    Sub-Rythmik audio F25
    Player- Oppo BDP-103

Bedroom rig:
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 4,193
    Um that’s awesome @Irrenhaus

Where is home if u don’t mind my asking?
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Parasound HCA-1205A; Arcam rDac; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10 + MartinLogan Dynamo (original) sub; Center - Def Tech Procenter 1000; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - SVS PB10-ISD; Sony BDP-S390, FireTV gen 2

Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Audiosource Amp Two, PSB Imagine Mini, Boston VR-10 center, NHT Super One CI surrounds, ACI Titan subwoofer, FireTV, Arcam rDac; Bryson BPD-1
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Um that’s awesome @Irrenhaus

Where is home if u don’t mind my asking?

Back home will be Puerto Rico.

Cheers
    AVR-Onkyo709
    Rear- RT150
    Center-CSi5
    Sub-Rythmik audio F25
    Player- Oppo BDP-103

Bedroom rig:
  • motorhead43026motorhead43026 Posts: 2,440
    Irrenhaus wrote: »
    aprazer402 wrote: »

Specially Korean Grocery Markets. You can find pork belly bonless or regular with the skin on. Also pork chops with the skin on and those are great. Back home we call them Chuletas Can Can here is a sample.

i63n3smkt3ug.jpg
    Cheers

My tongue is slapping my brains out looking at this pork, that looks delicious

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk Signature S60's
    Cables: Wireworld Eclipse IC, Audio Art IC3; Speaker cable LA International SS-800; PS Audio AC-3 power cords; All into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

All TV's sound enhanced by Polk Magnfi Mini's.

Other; SDA2BTL's, M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage.

Political memes posted as fact and accepted as fact, are sign language of the ignorant, for the ignorant

We use to lock up the mental cases to protect the children. Now we lock the children up to protect them from the mental cases.