Wood Smoker

Hi All,

Just got my early father's day present and entry level gas wood smoker. Will see how this one performs. Well looks I will be cooking for fathers day.

Cheers
c3ep3ioo53zd.jpg
tmbpj616xwpm.jpg
HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.

Comments

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Had that same guy before I migrated to electric.

Propane is so nice for consistent heat.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Got one similar to that one.

Have not used it much but did smoke some ribs yesterday, the family said they were good. I was not overly happy with the end result.

Hopefully some of you who have mastered these things will chime in on some of your secrets and advise.
  • Irrenhaus
    Irrenhaus Posts: 1,082
    I also order this. I don't think the thermometer on the door will be that accurate.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016AF50ZI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,010
    Make sure to season/cure your new smoker. Congrats, I have 3 grills outside and it is a nice hobby!
  • helipilotdoug
    helipilotdoug Posts: 1,229
    oldrocker wrote: »
    Got one similar to that one.

Have not used it much but did smoke some ribs yesterday, the family said they were good. I was not overly happy with the end result.

Hopefully some of you who have mastered these things will chime in on some of your secrets and advise.
    Have you tried the 3-2-1 method for smoking ribs?
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

http://www.douglasconnection.com
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Mr. Doug.

I have not done that 3-2-1 thing but just read over it and will try it this weekend.

Thanks!!
  • Irrenhaus
    Will give it the first try today. Will do some marinated skirt Stake and potatoes. Using pecan chips.
    Pictures comming.

Cheers
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    how did the food turn out?
    pictures or it didn't happen :D
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • Irrenhaus
    Okay so I did not got pictures of the first try. It was good. I guess it was the beer. But this is the father's day menu:

I use Pecan wood chips and apple slices. The spray was Apple Cider Vinegar, Soy Sauce and Worcestershire sauce and off curse the rub.

Pork Belly with the Skin on:
    udwjsj859rb1.jpg

Baby Back Ribs:
    86d131mmr4z7.jpg

Cheers
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 737
    I keep telling myself I'll get a smoker one day but never get around to it. Enjoy!
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    never ran into a pork belly in one of our local grocery stores. see on a lot of the bbq shows where they cut the ribs away from the belly and cook them as individual pieces.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    marvda1 wrote: »
    never ran into a pork belly in one of our local grocery stores. see on a lot of the bbq shows where they cut the ribs away from the belly and cook them as individual pieces.

I have found pork belly in Asian markets. Usually the larger stores with large fresh meat and seafood counters.
  • Irrenhaus
    aprazer402 wrote: »

I have found pork belly in Asian markets. Usually the larger stores with large fresh meat and seafood counters.

Specially Korean Grocery Markets. You can find pork belly bonless or regular with the skin on. Also pork chops with the skin on and those are great. Back home we call them Chuletas Can Can here is a sample.

i63n3smkt3ug.jpg
    Cheers
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Um that’s awesome @Irrenhaus

Where is home if u don’t mind my asking?
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Irrenhaus
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Um that’s awesome @Irrenhaus

Where is home if u don’t mind my asking?

Back home will be Puerto Rico.

Cheers
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Irrenhaus wrote: »
    aprazer402 wrote: »

Specially Korean Grocery Markets. You can find pork belly bonless or regular with the skin on. Also pork chops with the skin on and those are great. Back home we call them Chuletas Can Can here is a sample.

i63n3smkt3ug.jpg
    Cheers

My tongue is slapping my brains out looking at this pork, that looks delicious
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Irrenhaus
    Very nice for Labor Day.

9da0op4d8i7m.jpg

Cheers
  • Irrenhaus
    Will have grilled mini potatoes and Yuengling.

Cheers
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    edited September 2018
    Irrenhaus wrote: »
    Will have Yuengling.
    Cheers

Nectar of the Gods

• polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    For anyone wanting to get their feet wet for not really a lot of coin, BJs still has this
    Oklahoma Joe's Highland for $80 off list. Pretty tough to beat for 2 Benjamins IMO.
    I've done a tenderloin, some St Louis ribs, and a Boston butt so far, and each has turned out better than expected.

@Irrenhaus I like the chicken you did there!
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/