Starting a stint in the hospital

Options

Comments

• ALL212
    ALL212 Posts: 1,556
    Options
    WTH! Is this some kind of ploy to get a discount on the TT work? ;)

Hope it all goes well, if you need something from this end of the state let me know. The wife makes fairly regular trips down there.
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Options
    Get well quickly...!
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    Best wishes and get well soon. Somebody say something about hookers and blow?
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    Thanks for all the positivity! Great stuff!
    ALL212 wrote: »

Hope it all goes well, if you need something from this end of the state let me know. The wife makes fairly regular trips down there.
    Thanks Aaron!

Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • halo
    Options
    Thanks for all the positivity! Great stuff!
    ALL212 wrote: »

Thanks Aaron!

HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    Hope you're able to fill your time there in comfort.

Hope the nurses are great ones. That helps sooo much, doesn't it?

I'll be thinking about you getting better! ;)

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • halo
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »
    Hope you're able to fill your time there in comfort.

Hope the nurses are great ones. That helps sooo much, doesn't it?

I'll be thinking about you getting better! ;)

Thanks Tony! Today’s nurses are pretty cool and that does help a lot :)
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    Well since you will be all wired with nothing else to do, you will probably be blowing up this board with useless drivel. Remember that the rest of us have to get some sleep! :p;)
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • halo
    Options
    cfrizz wrote: »
    Well since you will be all wired with nothing else to do, you will probably be blowing up this board with useless drivel. Remember that the rest of us have to get some sleep! :p;)

Perhaps I’ll be full of insight, knowledge, and wisdom! ;)
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    halo wrote: »

Write the wisdom down, because you may lose the power when the 'roids wear off :/
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    Options
    Thinking good thoueaghts for you. I hope the treatment goes well.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »
    Halo. Do you get the infusions? One of my friends said it its been helping him but, they have him on every 6 months. By month 5, he couldn't move. I guess its still experimental.

I’ve been getting a monthly infusion of a drug called Tysabri for a while now. It definitely was helping until I missed two doses in a row due to the move. There are a lot of different medications out there to treat MS these days and that’s a really good thing!

Agreed it has come a long way. Missing two doses? WOW. No wonder!

This sounds crazy but if a person is going to have MS, RRMS that I have is the one to shoot for LOL. They had me on Copaxone for a while but insurance changed me up when the generic Mylan got FDA approved and my insurance made me take it. I should re-phrase, what my insurance will cover with a 20$ co pay is now Mylan instead of Copaxone. I do know without any kind of insurance, it is completely unaffordable. When I get the invoice to pay 20 out of the 5K a month, it makes me think Blue Cross isn't so bad after all LOL.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,205
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Write the wisdom down, because you may lose the power when the 'roids wear off :/
    Remember when that happened to Bones? He had the insight, but then lost it and couldn't put Spock's brain back together.

w2l4ony7nyf0.jpg

• halo
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »

Agreed it has come a long way. Missing two doses? WOW. No wonder!

This sounds crazy but if a person is going to have MS, RRMS that I have is the one to shoot for LOL. They had me on Copaxone for a while but insurance changed me up when the generic Mylan got FDA approved and my insurance made me take it. I should re-phrase, what my insurance will cover with a 20$ co pay is now Mylan instead of Copaxone. I do know without any kind of insurance, it is completely unaffordable. When I get the invoice to pay 20 out of the 5K a month, it makes me think Blue Cross isn't so bad after all LOL.

Well, the meds to treat MS are quite expensive. It’s unfortunate to see companies putting the bottom line ahead of a person’s wellbeing.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    Options
    Disturbing news! Get better soon! Thoughts and prayers your way!
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Hi Vic - Get better soon bro! My brother has had MS for over 20 years now. He gets IV treatments at Rush Hospital in Chicago once/month. My thoughts are now with you everyday as they are with my brother's. Keep us posted!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Get well soon. Thoughts and prayers coming your way.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,693
    Options
    I have a friend who is dealing with MS. Sadly, he isn't getting proper care and things are going very rough for him. I am glad you have the ability to get treatment and I hope all goes well. :)
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,637
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hope you get better soon, Victor. May your nurses be attractive.
  • halo
    Options
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    Disturbing news! Get better soon! Thoughts and prayers your way!

Thank you Rich! I appreciate it!
    verb wrote: »
    Hi Vic - Get better soon bro! My brother has had MS for over 20 years now. He gets IV treatments at Rush Hospital in Chicago once/month. My thoughts are now with you everyday as they are with my brother's. Keep us posted!

Rush has a GREAT MS center! Glad to hear that your brother is there. It’s one of the best in the country. Thank you for your kind words Dave!
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I have a friend who is dealing with MS. Sadly, he isn't getting proper care and things are going very rough for him. I am glad you have the ability to get treatment and I hope all goes well. :)

IIRC, you live in Canada? Is the healthcare system not providing for him? I’m very sorry to hear this. It’s unfortunate that anyone has to suffer at the whim of this condition. Thanks for your support.

Thank you to everyone here on the Polk forum. You all are really making me feel appreciated. The sincere well wishes are overwhelming and I cannot thank you enough. Treatment #3 of the IV steroids takes place at midnight. They’re taking good care of me and trying to spread the doses out to keep the mood swings at bay. I’m also monitored closely for my blood sugar levels as the steroids can increase them. I received 1 unit of insulin for being just a smidge over the line.

Please keep them coming as they are extremely helpful and, again, very much appreciated!!!
  • Tony M
    Options
    Are you able to watch any TV?
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,693
    Options
    IIRC, you live in Canada? Is the healthcare system not providing for him? I’m very sorry to hear this. It’s unfortunate that anyone has to suffer at the whim of this condition. Thanks for your support.
    You are most welcome. :)

I live in Vermont. Dave is also living in Vermont now. He was getting treatment in Tennessee, but he is staying here to take care of his dying father. :'( He is making quite a sacrifice to his health to make sure his father is comfortable.
  • halo
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    You are most welcome. :)

I live in Vermont. Dave is also living in Vermont now. He was getting treatment in Tennessee, but he is staying here to take care of his dying father. :'( He is making quite a sacrifice to his health to make sure his father is comfortable.

Stress can play a big role in a person’s overall health and that’s especially true for people living with MS. Hopefully he feels better soon
  • Tony M
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I've heard about "stress kills" 40 years ago or more. But man did I make some dumb moves! And some were not from my actions at all. Remember, the healthcare here in Wilm. NC. SUCKS! :#

The stress I've had to live through has been unbelievable. I'm lucky to be as healthy as I am ( which isn't optimum ) and also still have most of my hair and teeth and only slightly overweight. :p .
  • halo
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »
    I've heard about "stress kills" 40 years ago or more. But man did I make some dumb moves! And some were not from my actions at all. Remember, the healthcare here in Wilm. NC. SUCKS! :#

The stress I've had to live through has been unbelievable. I'm lucky to be as healthy as I am ( which isn't optimum ) and also still have most of my hair and teeth and only slightly overweight. :p .

It’s no joke. Learned all about it in school. Even good stress can be bad for you. Being an audiophile/audio enthusiast is a good things. Teaches you to just relax and enjoy the music
  • Tony M
    edited May 2018
    Options
    My Polk Audio speakers and other speakers and systems got me through some real tough times for sure. ;)

Except that one afternoon I was trying to relax and doing quite well too, when my Carver sunfire decided to blow the right channel rail. Machine gun fire at 100 decibels for about 5 seconds. :o That's the time it took for me to get up off the couch and turn the system off. The SDA-SRS2's took it in stride and had no damage. GREAT SPEAKERS for sure. B)

My nerves were shaken and it took a week or two for my neck to get back to what it was before. It is nice to be able to go grab a spare amp or receiver from the super collection when you need to. :p

I hope you're doing alright ;) !
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,520
    Options

That's where I went to medical school... very cool place
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • halo
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »

What made you chose Texas over staying in Illinois?
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »

What made you chose Texas over staying in Illinois?

Tax rates at MINIMUM lol..... The list is likely even much longer hehehe...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)