Looking for Misc Audio Deals of the Day? Updated info here!

Options

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    edited March 2018
    Options
    WTH? Are these some kind of white van excrement? Looks like a good will sticker on one of them..
    https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/ele/d/canadian-energy-connoisseur-8/6544341042.html
  • FestYboy
    Options
    4 pictures of just the binding posts... They must be special. ;)
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    They were probably in a night club/bar
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,018
    Options
    I love the wood sides and frankly, I'd have a look at them. ;)

I wonder what kind of speakers are hidden behind that covered end.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • FestYboy
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »

None, the enclosures are empty... :o
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    edited March 2018
    Options
    https://spacecoast.craigslist.org/ele/d/polk-audio-monitor-40-dual/6543180725.html
    This looks like a nice deal on some monitor 40s, 2 pairs. $150
    If that’s not a very good deal, Sorry, I just don’t know a ton about these speakers, but I think the new monitor line up was pretty good.
  • Tony M
    Options
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Tony M wrote: »

None, the enclosures are empty... :o

Your right. ;)

God, I'm getting old. :o

Big Letters " Speaker Boxes" .. :s

How did I miss the title and the written description with the ad? They went right thru my brain! :#:'(
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,341
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Good looking CS 350 LS (arguably one of Polk’s best center channels) $125. no affiliation, but it’s in my back yard. Anyone interested I will mule, pack and ship for fellow Polkie.

https://www.ksl.com/classifieds/listing/51632832

r70nsym1m8as.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,619
    Options
    Cool looking Polk TSi500 speakers: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ele/d/pair-of-polk-audio-tsi500/6546006196.html

$175 wonder if you could talk him down.

00d0d_hrVmF3IB7i2_1200x900.jpg
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Yamaha KX-W322 tape deck and Onkyo R1 CDP - $50 for both! Not bad. https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/d/onkyo-yamaha-components/6542891583.html

00m0m_kqxtaDA7DE_1200x900.jpg

00t0t_gJ8hQIUV64_1200x900.jpg
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Dang...SF has some great deals.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mlistens03
    Options
    Florida, for the most part, doesn’t.
    Other than the occasional pair of tower speakers in the goodwill or local flea markets of course.
  • Tony M
    Options
    That's the best 20.00 stand I've seen in a long time! :oB)
  • Clipdat
    Options
    "Vintage High End Stereo components" - what's up with this make an offer crap? Some nice looking stuff, but seriously "make an offer? Lame. Just tell us what you want for it.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ele/d/vintage-high-end-stereo/6545009073.html

00L0L_9Wrtcx0E0oJ_1200x900.jpg

01616_8jsPEzeFc5O_1200x900.jpg

00T0T_85by4acUM29_1200x900.jpg

• Clipdat
    Options
    LOL Wow, from that ad, same damn story of my own life/situation: "My wife was addicted to TV so I didn't get much chance to listen to any of these unless she wasn't home."
  • mlistens03
    Options
    Woah those are some high prices!
    Those Boston m series speakers that you will see if you scroll down rarely sell for over $100, he’s asking almost $1000
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,697
    Options
    I scrolled down and thought: "Everything seems WAY overpriced. But those receivers seem reasonable." Those receivers were the first item from someone else after 22 items of his. :p
  • mlistens03
    Options
    I feel like this is a good place to ask, so why do some people post their sale so many times? There was one guy in my area who posted his overpriced AVR probably 15 times! What are they hoping, that it’ll make someone more likely to buy it?
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Woah those are some high prices!
    Those Boston m series speakers that you will see if you scroll down rarely sell for over $100, he’s asking almost $1000

Wow - definitely agree that these prices are very high, but I'd disagree that the Boston VR series rarely sell for over $100... I had a full HT with their VR (Video Reference) speakers, and it was very nice. That was their top of the line HT series. Even now, those VR-M60's rarely sell for under $250 for a pair. The center is the weak link in this set. That's worth, at most $100. The surrounds are worth around $200. But yeah, at a grand, he's about double what they are worth! I'd say $500 for this set, in this condition is a good deal.
  • FestYboy
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    Good looking CS 350 LS (arguably one of Polk’s best center channels) $125. no affiliation, but it’s in my back yard. Anyone interested I will mule, pack and ship for fellow Polkie.

https://www.ksl.com/classifieds/listing/51632832

r70nsym1m8as.jpeg

:o tempting, so tempting
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »

That's a deal for 20 bucks! Looks like a welded steel frame. You could add vertical stanchions near the front in between each shelf frame to add more stability.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    Definitely agree on a great stand for the money. If it's a welded frame would be nearly impossible to beat for $20.
  • Clipdat
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Appears to be one piece of metal, with inserts to put the wooden shelves:

post-112724-0-91655200-1380178598.jpg

526625-standesign_audio_stand.jpg
  • verb
    Options
    Pic of the backside I found:
    i4ysxuwmbj4e.png
    Made in England. The top shelf is also spikeable. Sounds like a deal!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    Absolutely. Should have already been bought.
  • verb
    Options
    kharp1 wrote: »
    Absolutely. Should have already been bought.

Go get em @Clipdat ! :smile: