Texas Hurricane

Options

Comments

• helipilotdoug
    helipilotdoug Posts: 1,229
    Options
    Hi Guys. We are fine here in Austin. Thanks for your concern Ron and everyone in the Houston area are the ones to be worried about right now. Flooding there is turning into Alison like or even worse.
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

http://www.douglasconnection.com
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Prayers for all of Texas. My half sisters live down there, but are well away from danger.
    Post edited by westmassguy on
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    I have family in both Austin and Houston. Austin is fine, Houston a whole nother story.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    This is terrible. They are talking about 60" of rain? Thats like 60 feet of snow in a winter storm!!!
  • helipilotdoug
    helipilotdoug Posts: 1,229
    Options
    Been watching news coverage and Houston is really starting to have catastrophic flooding. Hope everyone is doing OK. Ron?
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

http://www.douglasconnection.com
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    deronb1 wrote: »
    This is terrible. They are talking about 60" of rain? Thats like 60 feet of snow in a winter storm!!!

No doubt Deron. Like some of the places out west last winter. So much snow it was above the ski lift cars/cables. Some in July opened for sking as it had just melted enough to use the lifts.

I couldn't fathom so much rain is so little time. Like Katrina when some folks had to cut holes through their roofs because the flood had forced them to do it.
    Stay safe all
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Most of my side of the street came close, the other side took water in their homes
    Can't get out of the neighborhood

Have family down a few exits that took on water

May I be politically correct....this sux

No bodies hurt most are insured so that's the glass half full
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • deronb1
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Most of my side of the street came close, the other side took water in their homes
    Can't get out of the neighborhood

Have family down a few exits that took on water

May I be politically correct....this sux

No bodies hurt most are insured so that's the glass half full

Jeez, it does suk. Thinking of you all down there. Be safe!
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    Lake front view, but I don't live on the lakeon8bfqliw1ow.jpg
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    Options
    Stay safe, Ron. Keeping a good thought that the rain subsides.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,342
    Options
    Ron, if you are reading this....start moving things upstairs man. Like now. The videos I have been seeing, I can clearly see the water rising during the interviews of folks down there. The ground is saturated at this point and there is nowhere for the water to go but up. You may very well end up in a flash flood on top of the flooding you currently have.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    Tried to go help family to no avail
    sxgfg8vxj8wa.jpg
    smgt4ixsns2k.jpg
    v0jgnaqjg0tr.jpg

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    I feel for all of you stay safe , I had my Basement flood out and had to completely gut it out to the tune of close to 14 grand did not have flood insurance 13 inches of rapid snow melt and 10 inches of rain in a 24 hour period did me in. It took me a while to get the man cave back up in running.

From what I'm seeing you guys are experiencing catastrophic conditions. I hope all of you escape Harvey's rath with minimal damage and that your families are safe. Take care of yourselves.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Derf
    Derf Posts: 229
    Options
    National news showing how Houston residents are coming together to help each other--opening their homes to neighbors, providing food and water, risking their own safety by helping others. Says something about the quality of people in that city. Prayers continue.
    Integrated Amp: Marantz PM-10
    Speakers: Usher MD2
    Subwoofer: Rythmik F15HP
    DAC: North Star Design Supremo
    Streaming Source: AURALiC Aries Mini
    SACD Player: Marantz SA8004
    Power Source: PS Audio PP3 on dedicated 20amp circuit
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    Fred we got about 12" in the last 3 days . I can't imagine what those folks in TX are going through. How is by you?
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    I saw this photo on Facebook, can't imagine what it is like there. Prayers for all to remain safe.

aeje4xeptbbs.jpg
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • deronb1
    Options
    vmaxer wrote: »
    I saw this photo on Facebook, can't imagine what it is like there. Prayers for all to remain safe.

aeje4xeptbbs.jpg

Holy Shite!
  • Derf
    Options
    Wow that FB pic is unbelievable! Mike, we've had about 10" here, but at least on this island it runs off fairly well, so no worries about flooding. Up in Naples they've had some areas and streets flood enough where kids were skiing behind trucks all weekend. Point being at least trucks can get through. I just can't fathom what Houston is going through.
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    20 miles up the road from me in Houston

• txcoastal1
    Options
    No one in the 5 county area can do diddly squat
    No work, no stores, nada

You'd be lucky to drive more than a mile or 2 from your house...roads to no where.

Forecasted 2-3 more days of this before anything can be done

The only way the water runs off is one stops raining, two the gulf tides going out to let the water run off

They are releasing lake dams north of Houston too, at this time time which hinders the city bayous, rivers, creeks, and drainage flow

So the counties east and southeast of Houston will flood not just from the rains but from the flow to the Gulf of Mexico...shiite rolls down hill

• rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Options
    Ran errands today and saw footage on the weather channel that put in a little perspective. Underpass said 13'9" and the water was pretty close to the bottom of the overpass. Only had a shot of the middle of the overpass, so could have been between 1 and 2 feet, best guess with no reference point. Lot of water.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    vmaxer wrote: »

aeje4xeptbbs.jpg

When the old Texas saying bites you in the rear.... "Everything is BIGGER in Texas"

Just crazy amounts of water. I read somewhere yesterday weatherman said something like 10 TRILLON gallons of rain has fell with this storm enough to fill great salt lake like 3 times..... mind blowning crazy amounts.

Stay safe guys
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    Options
    Ten Billion gallons...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    Ten Billion gallons...
    Trillion is possibly correct

Yesterday morning the estimate was 455billion

• motorhead43026
    Options
    They estimate 1 trillion on Houston, 9 trillion on TX as a whole.

Ten Billion , not even close. Need to find a better news source.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    Options
    They estimate 1 trillion on Houston, 9 trillion on TX as a whole.

Ten Billion , not even close. Need to find a better news source.

You are right... no more MSNBC for me.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Derf
    Options
    Ron, it would be great if you could let us know who the first few "relief" organizations are that show up. I always like to know that for giving purposes. Seems first in are usually last out and it's good to see the money go to the cause, not admin. And as time goes on if you become aware of specific needs let us know. Prayers and peace to all.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    Options
    Prayers and well wishes for all in the path. It's mind boggling looking at the reports and news footage.

Stay safe and hopefully it won't continue to be as bad as predicated. I really have no other words............

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Nebraska, Oklahoma, North Texas, Alabama, Georgia and the Carolina crews are on their way.
    I'm on the second string relief.
    Hang in there folks.
    Help the local rescue, fire and police if y'all can.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    edited August 2017
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Nebraska, Oklahoma, North Texas, Alabama, Georgia and the Carolina crews are on their way.
    I'm on the second string relief.
    Hang in there folks.
    Help the local rescue, fire and police if y'all can.

@lightman1 If you end up heading that way, your welcome to use my house as a place to crash should it be anywhere close to your route.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)