B&W CM 10 or Polk's LSiM 707?

Options
Which do y'all prefer? Both same price. Both towers.

Have LSiM 703 bookshelves. Very happy with them. Always been intrigued by B&W.

Always thought the 703's would become my rears in a HT but can always find a place for them in another room.
AVR: Marantz SR 5011
L/ R: Polk Audio 703 LSiM (Bi Amp'd)
C: Polk Audio 255c - LS
R: Def Tech
Sub: PSW 505 (12 inch)
DVD: Oppo UDP 203
TV: 2016 Sony XBR 75X850D

Comments

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,521
    Options
    I have not heard the 707, but I own the cm10s2.

For the price it's an absolutely great speaker.

It's on clearance right now at Magnolia as there's a new series coming out in a few weeks.

My friend purchased a pair for a staggeringly low price of $1399 each, instead of $2000 each.

To me, that's a no brainer.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    As much as I liked the 705's I had, I am going to agree with Joey on this one. I am not a huge B&W fan but, I did like the 10's. Fast punch on them and I thought quite enjoyable but, I did hear them on tubes not SS. Make sure you take a listen before you buy if you can.

The other B&W I liked quite a bit is the PM1.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,521
    Options
    Interesting Ernie

I have both the cm10s2 and the PM1
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    Options
    Absolutely the Cm-10's. They my friend are a sweet sounding speaker.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Ya. I know. Strange from me lol. The pm1 is very musical I thought. Pleasing sounding, detailed without being in your face and a realistic soundstage . A couple of years ago Skip was the one who told me to check them out. The cm 10 for the money I thought played above its price point, solid sounding and really good speed like the Jm labs ... I think it was 836 (not the w series) but not not as in your face as the jm labs was on the top end.

Joey I can't say I blame ya for having both. They both are good, they just brings different things to the table.

Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    Loved the PM1. Cant hardly find em used, and they really hold their value.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Options
    Would the OP benefit from a power upgrade to may the most of the B&Ws?