The LSAF food thread

Options
So Friday night for those of us attending Lone Star is covered....

But what other places should us non locals checkout?

My goal for Lone Star is good people (check), good tunes (should be a check), and GOOD FOOD!

So all you local guys.... where should we be looking to eat?

Keep in mind places where there is foliage around so @lightman1 can have a place to go to the bathroom
"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)

Comments

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    1050 BBQ
    gc7dovj5lc48.jpg
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,873
    Options
    there's hard eight bbq, bone daddys, razzos', a ton of places not too far in addison.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,873
    Options
    Yep2 wrote: »
    Ramen noodle for me.
    I hope to drive down, enjoy all day Saturday & drive back home (5 hours).
    Last time I was there, I had 3 near miss car accidents in a hour. :#

we didn't force you to drink :D
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Ramen noodle for me.
    I hope to drive down, enjoy all day Saturday & drive back home (5 hours).
    Last time I was there, I had 3 near miss car accidents in a hour. :#

It's 2017!....Let's get those numbers up. Try for a good even number like 13. :p
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    marvda1 wrote: »
    there's hard eight bbq, bone daddys, razzos', a ton of places not too far in addison.

I enjoyed Bone Daddy's & Razzo's, and they are not far away in the same parking lot area. easy to slide up the expressway off 75 and underneath to both of those.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • autumnice
    Options
    So Friday night for those of us attending Lone Star is covered....

But what other places should us non locals checkout?

My goal for Lone Star is good people (check), good tunes (should be a check), and GOOD FOOD!

So all you local guys.... where should we be looking to eat?

Keep in mind places where there is foliage around so @lightman1 can have a place to go to the bathroom

"Per capita Dallas has more joints than NYC", that is the claim at least. I don't do national chains, I don't like them actually. So, are you eclectic? Name it, breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, and everything else in between. If you are open and adventurous, I am there. The thing is, how much time do you have. So. Let's narrow it down. It is a melting pot of extragavent plates here, just don't ask for blow fish, I don't know any places. Haha

Food comes in many forms. Do you want hole in the wall, scenery, etc.. good company could, at times make mild places better just saying. Do you want a good old fashion country breakfast, lunch, and dinner?

Do you want to eat sushi off naked men or women (your preference) to drink alcohol from tea pots after hours? Hahaha,

Or.. you could just be a foodie and try some of what you could. So, what is your preference?

Lastly, it you want what makes Dallas, Dallas.. normally I would say TexMex, but that is not true. The food diversity and number of places prove otherwise.

AI
  • autumnice
    Options
    I always hit the strip clubs in Dallas cause they had "Good Food".
    Just saying... o:)

Hey hey.. not until second visit my youngling. Haha. And keep them away from Royal Lane and Harry Hines. Lol.

In all seriousness, Enders. Let me know what you like and I will come up with a list. Foodie style.

AI
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    I usually go into lock down at LSAF, food is decent onsite
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • txcoastal1
    edited March 2017
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    I usually go into lock down at LSAF, food is decent onsite

I"m going to shadow you...
    Provided your wearing your name tag. :)

Don't need no stinkin' name tag B)
    I won't be hard to find. I'm loud, will probably have a beer in my hand, in shorts, pair of keen's, and a camo or fishing visor.

Will probably be seen with a 6'5" rednek who looks like bigfoot w/farmers tan and his buddy will be wearing a skirt ;)
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    ^^^^+10.
    I'm Bigfoot.......
  • mrbiron
    Options
    If Bigfoot is manscaping, where does he stop?
  • lightman1
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    If Bigfoot is manscaping, where does he stop?

The clippers fritz out about half way into the ordeal.
  • mrbiron
    Options
    Lets say the clippers were blessed by the devil himself........where would you stop?

I feel like this deserves it's own thread. Maybe when i get home. Pictures will be drawn.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    Any of these BBQ joints serve pork or is it all brisket, goat and armadillo?
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    kharp1 wrote: »
    Any of these BBQ joints serve pork or is it all brisket, goat and armadillo?

Look here mister, it's Texas, SOOOOOO BBQ is beef, pigs are a nuisance animal, not real food, except bacon ;)

• kharp1
    Options
    MMMMMMM, BACON!
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    We do pulled pork and baby backs etc here too

• kharp1
    Options
    We do pulled pork and baby backs etc here too

That's good to know, so you're mostly normal. Was a little afraid of what I was getting myself in to. :)
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    What's messed up is many parts of the US don't reciprocate and think only pork is BBQ

• lightman1
    Options
    What's messed up is many parts of the US don't reciprocate and think only pork is BBQ

That's because we're right and you're wrong. Deal with it.
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »

That's because we're right and you're wrong. Deal with it.

Yeah you no what I'm talking about too, my buddy that doesn't live far from you can't wait to get back to TX to visit his mom and eat real BBQ :p

• kharp1
    Options
    I'm good with whatever, just don't want Russ dragging me to one of the male strip shows he likes to visit. No animals ether, Russ.
  • txcoastal1
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'm good with whatever, just don't want Russ dragging me to one of the male strip shows he likes to visit. No animals ether, Russ.

Take a drive down Harry Hines after dark, I think Russ rented a benz

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    Ask him about the Donkey show o:)

Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • kharp1
    Options
    Yeah, see, that's the kind of thing I'm trying to avoid. Had a couple of run in's with the law in the past and really don't want to be that close to Mexico with a guy like Russ and a donkey. Afraid I'll end up the money maker in some degrading show south of the border, and, honestly, I can do degrading right here in the ole US of A.