Magnifi 300 Watt Intermittant Sound Loss

Options
Hello,

I purchased a polk audio Magnigi 300 watt soundbar with wireless subwoofer yesterday. It is connected to my LG smart TV (web os 3) via an optical cable. The cable has no kinks and the connections on either side are snug. Confirmed was getting a light as well when plugged into the TV.

The soundbar has phenomenal sound but what occurs every two to three minutes is the sound cuts out briefly (approximately 1/10th of a second) and then is back. This doesn't ruin the experience but my OCD for audio picks up on it constantly. Other than that no issues.

I have also played with the TV's options (switched from AUTO to PCM etc.). Not sure what the cause is. This occurs with both videofiles on a USB as well as streaming done via a game console.

The old soundbar had no issues via optical as well (have tried both the included optical cable and the old optical cable from my old sound bar, issue persists).

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. Let me send your symptoms to a contact at Polk for recommendations. It might take a day or so to have a response.
    Regards, Ken
  • SlySilver
    Options
    Thanks for the response Ken. Please let me know what they suggest when you know.

Thanks again.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The recommendation, from Polk, is that you should have the bar replaced. If your dealer can help, that's great. If not contact Polk CS at: 1-800-377-7655 select option 1. Have the unit's serial number and date and place of purchase handy when calling. Sorry you're having a problem, but Polk will help.
    Regards, Ken
  • sas166
    Options
    I'm aving the same problem. Crutchfield already replaced my first unit, but the replacement is doing the same thing, more than 1/10th of a second though, more like 3 seconds, mid sentence, no rhyme or reason. I too have a lg tv, 4k, purchased in Nov 2016. My intermittent loss does affect our experience. Seems it's not the product itself, since I've tried 2?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum, sorry you're having a problem. It's probably best to give Polk's CS a call at 1-800-377-7655 select option 1. I'm sure they'll get you squared away.
    Regards, Ken