I found this to be interesting in the whole cable debate....

Options
2»

Comments

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,521
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    It should be common knowledge on this board that anytime Randi comes up, interest goes down and arguments go up. Nobody wins.

This is not interesting.

It's simply bad for the forum and for those who would like to find out more about user experiences with different cables. Randi is old news.....but I have a feeling you knew this already. Hhe has been shoved in our face and down our throats every year, usually 3-5 times a year for the past 20 years. He's simply not worth discussing anymore.

Tom

Last night was the first time I heard about him.

Remember that I left the scene from 2007-2014.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Stew
    Stew Posts: 645
    Options
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    There's really nothing to discuss. There are those that don't, can't, won't and those that can. End of story.
    You forgot do and will. ;)

...and now I'm humming "Goodbye Stranger"
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,058
    Options
    Re: Einstein -- it was Mercury's orbit, not Venus.
    Real-world proof of general relativity (and the solution to a longstanding mystery).

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,815
    Options
    Mercury is cool stuff. They used to silver mirrors with it, which gave them a very different look than modern mirrors. Too bad the stuff killed the workers.

Ok I know, off track.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Joey_V
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Mercury is cool stuff. They used to silver mirrors with it, which gave them a very different look than modern mirrors. Too bad the stuff killed the workers.

Ok I know, off track.

I remember mercury thermometers... It was like terminator 2 in real life
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    Maybe I haven't seen enough of the craziness as pertaining to trolls and everything that surrounds their visits here, but, I don't see any reason to alter, or censor, our conversations because of what some azzhat from another forum wants to pull azzhat tricks out of his azz, or hat for that matter. It can spark a lively thread and provide some fodder and potentially some food for thought, then it'll die down. If we don't lose our cool and start acting like idiots the real idiots will eventually go away.
  • Joey_V
    Options
    kharp1 wrote: »
    Maybe I haven't seen enough of the craziness as pertaining to trolls and everything that surrounds their visits here, but, I don't see any reason to alter, or censor, our conversations because of what some azzhat from another forum wants to pull azzhat tricks out of his azz, or hat for that matter. It can spark a lively thread and provide some fodder and potentially some food for thought, then it'll die down. If we don't lose our cool and start acting like idiots the real idiots will eventually go away.

Agreed
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    I agree with you Tom. As someone new to the whole "cables matter" discussion I am confident that were you to swap cables in our system Melody can hear the difference where I might not. I have said this to Unkle Jesse more than once but the worse my hearing gets the more critical clear sound becomes. Muddy sound becomes a hodge podge of conflicting noise to my ears.

This whole thing remind me of the "all amps sound the same" debate. All I can say about that is listen to a proper amp sometime.

My new/used MIT Shotgun cables constitutes the years fritter funds so expendutures of this nature are not taken lightly. Had there been no benefit the new cables would already be for sale.

Melody has made it clear the new speaker cables are here to stay. I defy anyone to fool her on our system.

P.S. to @F1nut as much as I really wanted to believe you just had more money to spend than us and you were an MIT shill. I get it now. The longer I listen the more detail I notice. Clarity is critical for those of us losing our hearing.

Call it synergy if you will but to my ears I call it better sound. Has anyone ever done a double blind test using the hearing impaired?

Gotcha man, in the same boat myself. Funny thing is as we age and our hearing starts taking a dump, certain frequencies become more noticeable to us. Almost like when they say if you lose one sense the others become more acute to compensate.

Your spot on about clarity too, anything less sounds like bad car audio.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,963
    Options
    I'm going to start selling white lab coats made specifically to properly conduct audio A/B tests.....otherwise, your tests will not be considered scientific.