Sanus Foundations Steel Series SF26B Stands

Options
teamjhertz
teamjhertz Posts: 361
edited January 2017 in Speakers
I went ahead and purchased a set of SF26 Sanus stands for my LSiM703's. I decided to mass load them with sand. The sand was bone dry and added about 7lbs per stand. I was expecting more mass but I guess the pillars are not that large. The stands end up weighing 22lbs each filled for reference.

I did decide to open up one of the smaller holes in the pillar to a 3/8" hole. This made it much easier to fill them.

The pillars had a real high pitch ring to them before filling and are ring free after.

Below is a picture for reference

efe9aw32pyeu.jpg

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,815
    Options
    Lead shot.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• teamjhertz
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Thanks for the tip

I thought about it but have three little ones.
    And did not want to risk anything even though I am sure the risk is low
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,815
    Options
    Gotcha. You could use steel shot in that case. Mix with sand to fill the small gaps between the shot......nice!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    I bought the same stands for my new 703's . Thanks for the help. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • teamjhertz
    Options
    I will check into some steel shot
  • adb3da
    adb3da Posts: 506
    Options
    Do you have a pic of how they look on the stands? I am considering these for my 703s as well.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,191
    Options
    A great alternative for 703's are these transdeco stands https://www.amazon.com/TransDeco-TD24B-Speaker-Stands-24-Inch/dp/B00CQCIRTG

Real solid stands that are incredibly stable with the 703's on top. Here are mine

IMG_20161227_171322_zpsbtdbawh8.jpg
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,467
    Options
    Those TD stands look pretty nice.
    Do the columns ring hollow at all if you tap on them? Are they mass-loadable?
    I disabled signatures.
  • stangman67
    Options
    If you really rap on them, they give a bit of a hollow ring but they are fairly solid. Yes mass loadable, there is wire management holes in the pillars but you could use sand or lead shot in baggies or plug the holes

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Mine are the Sanus SF28 inch for $30 off CL brand new in box. Need 26" to be completely honest. Very sturdy Velcro ed to base. Peace Dw5k1b6xbzgmi.jpg
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,467
    Options
    nice setups!
    I disabled signatures.
  • teamjhertz
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Here is the setup so far still need new speaker cables and maybe a 706 instead of a 704jqtf0g0gjht7.jpg
  • stangman67
    Options
    Toe those babies in a little bit!

• teamjhertz
    Options
    Will do

I have not powered anything up yet lol
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    FYI I have a brand new pair of these for sale in the flea market
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer