what are they?

Options
erniejade
erniejade Posts: 6,315
Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,535
    edited May 2016
    Options
    RTA 11T or RTA 11TL's... the only diff is the tweeter used (SL2000 v SL3000) and crossover.

The 11T's can be made TL's when modded fairly easy just means you need a RDO 198 v 194...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited May 2016
    Options
    ^^^

R.T.A. 11T or TL (I cannot see the tweeter well enough to say). If the tweeter is gold in color they are the TL, which is preferred over the T. TL = Trilaminate.

I had a pair and they were really nice. A fellow Polkie helped me by rebuilding the x-overs after I purchased all of the parts (Solen caps& mills resistors). Got the schematic from @KennethSwauger

We made new bases for them with spikes. That was a fun project.

Speaking of a fun project, I see that these are located in Pilsen! Some of the BEST Mexican food in Chicago is in/around this neighborhood. National Museum of Mexican Art isn't too far away either.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,535
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I regret sometimes selling mine.

They do GREAT right up against the wall. The mains and tweeters are still made since they use SDA drivers.

The passives are all you CANT FIND unless you stumble across some online. They are two different models.

If your looking for nice speakers buy those.

I paid 150 for mine IIRC and they didn't have an amp w em so it's a fair deal
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    RTA 11T's.....says so in the add Ern. lol Who's the old f a r t now brother ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,588
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    RTA 11T's.....says so in the add Ern. lol Who's the old f a r t now brother ?

Thought the same thing Tony. lol
    Too funny.

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    RTA 11T's
    You'd have to get the silk dome replacement tweeters. The SL2000 are kinda harsh.

FWIW - These are very efficient. I powered them with my SI T-amp to very LOUD levels with no issues.

Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • erniejade
    Options
    On my cell I did not see the model.I saw it once I opened it on the Ipad.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »
    On my cell I did not see the model.I saw it once I opened it on the Ipad.

Yeah yeah yeah....lol.

Been too long bro, when we gonna hook up for a drink or somethin' ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • erniejade
    Options
    Heck ya!!!!!!!!! I will shoot you an IM.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    TLs for sure, I can see the foam surrounding the tweeter. Good speakers I have them on HT duty and they hold their weight.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • skrol
    skrol Posts: 3,340
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I say TL. They have the spoiler above the tweeter, tweeters look like SL3000 (some SL3000 domes looked dark) and the cabinet looks like the TL as well. If it is labeled T, it may be a early release as some TL's were labeled T.
    Stan
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade), Parasound: P/LD-1100, HCA-1000A; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Benchmark DAC1, Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i; Technics SL-J2, Parasound PPH-100.

HT:
    Marantz SR7010, Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S4, CS250, PSW110 , Marantz UD5005, Pioneer PL-530, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, AVR-888, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: S8, Monitor 5A, 5B, TSi100, RM7, PSW10 (DXi104 upgrade); Pioneer: CT-6R; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz: PM5004, CD5004, CDR-615; Parasound C/PT-600, HCA-800ii, Sony CDP-650ESD, Technics SA 5070, B&W DM601
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,474
    Options
    ^^^^ +1 My rta15tl's are boxed up like that.. Why are those still listed ? btfvjx7k15hg.jpeg
    satziio0m7rh.jpeg
    Randy/Maine