Ginko dustcover opinions

Options
Hey all what's your opinion on the Ginko dustcovers? I've been looking at all kinds of options online for a acrylic turntable dustcover. Clearaudio don't make them anymore for the Emotion. I was told to order one that's made for the concept but that is a tight squeeze not much room but it wood fit, then the ones that audio advisor sells for the Marantz TT 15s1 would be plenty big but it's pricey found some on ebay that would work but the cost for shipping alone is $47 dollars ouch.

I finally found one off the Ginko site which directed me to elusive disc they have them for 10% off plus free shipping for the price of $269.99 after discount. The funny thing is the guy at elusive said they are the only aftermarket covers worth buying. The cheapest after market ones I could find after the outrageous shipping charges would save me around $30 which makes me wonder if spending the extra money for a Ginko is worth it? Does anyone own a Ginko and are they worth the extra cost over other aftermarket ones?
Home Theater
Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,072
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I still don't understand why dust covers are so expensive. You could buy an entire entry level turntable for some of their prices.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    Yeah don't now why the audio shops on ebay want $47 to ship something that weighs a few pounds they would probably of had a sale if they wouldn't gouge you for shipping charges contacted one of them and they would not ship out on my account, they seem to only gouge you on shipping on harder to find audio stuff.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I still don't understand why dust covers are so expensive. You could buy an entire entry level turntable for some of their prices.

acrylics are expensive...period, easy to spend $20 on a 12x12x1/4" UV acrylic
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,072
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • StevieB
    StevieB Posts: 256
    Options
    Check a local plastic fabricator. I got one made for my traveler for about $90.
    McCormack DNA-1 Amp, Parasound Halo P5 Pre Amp, Denon DVD 2900 CD player, Adcom GDA 700 DAC, VPI Traveler TT with Denon 103R cartridge, Lounge Audio MKiii phono pre and Copla SUT, Polk SDA SRS 3.1 TL speakers, Tributaries series 8 IC's and speaker cable.
  • Dawgfish
    Dawgfish Posts: 2,554
    Options
    StevieB wrote: »
    Check a local plastic fabricator. I got one made for my traveler for about $90.

Bingo! Was going to recommend the same thing.
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    Contacted a local fabricator with the dimensions with openings in the back for the cable's they seemed somewhat interested but after two conversations they never replied back.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• doctor r
    doctor r Posts: 837
    Options
    Had one made here a few years ago
    https://www.displaycasej.com/stereo_covers.html
    integrated w/DAC module Gryphon Diablo 300
    server Wolf Alpha 3SX
    phono pre Dynamic Sounds Associates Phono II
    turntable/tonearms Origin Live Sovereign Mk3 dual arm, Origin Live Enterprise Mk4, Origin Live Illustrious Mk3c
    cartridges Miyajima Madake, Ortofon Windfeld Ti, Ortofon
    speakers Rockport Mira II
    cables Synergistic Research Cables, Gryphon VPI XLR, Sablon 2020 USB
    rack Adona Eris 6dw
    ultrasonic cleaner Degritter
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,663
    Options
    I had the Ginko on my Marantz tt-15 and purchased the StereoSquares for the VPI Prime. The Ginko was really nice and I never thought to much about it after purchase.

When I got the VPI Prime Ginko did not make an exact fit yet and I talked to Norm Cones at StereoSquares. He had one already designed and was ready to make any custom adjustments that I wanted. I placed the order and he sent communications every step of the way. I am really happy with it and would like to order an additional custom piece but I have not gotten to it yet.

I would recommend both but if you want customization and someone that will help you design a custom piece then I would contact Norm at StereoSquares.

2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • miner
    miner Posts: 1,305
    Options
    The one I bought for my VPI Aries 3 from Stereo Squares (Norm) is very well-made and fits perfectly. It was a custom made design with cutouts not normally done for this table.
    [
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    http://www.elusivedisc.com/Gingko-Audio-Clearaudio-Emotion-Turntable-Table-Top-ClaraVu-Dust-Cover/productinfo/GINDCCE/

Thanks to all who responded, this was the best deal with the 10% off and the free shipping. I got an email from them saying that it won't ship until after the Axpona audio show in Chicago and since Ginko participates in that show, and it will ship from them I will have to wait a couple of weeks and I'm ok with that looking forward to receiving this.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• gudnoyez
    edited May 2016
    Options
    lmhyi5i2hnrn.jpg

My Ginko Clara Vu dustcover made exclusively for the Clearaudio Emotion turntable has arrived it took a while because of the audio show in Chicago but I was aware of that before ordering it, man it was worth the wait. It is a thing of beauty I don't know if I should sit here and stare at it or fire up the rig and spin some vinyl, ( kidding) aside I'm firing up the rig right now and run a few errands, come back remove it from its pearch, crack open a cold one and kick out the jams!!!

My Ginko Clara Vu dustcover made exclusively for the Clearaudio Emotion turntable has arrived it took a while because of the audio show in Chicago but I was aware of that utilizes man it was worth the wait. It is a thing of beauty I don't know if I should sit here and stare at it or fire up the rig and spin some vinyl, ( kidding) aside I'm firing up the right now and run a few errands, come back remove it from its pearch, crack open a cold one and kick out the jams!!!
    Post edited by gudnoyez on
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Nice cover! They are nice with the rolled edges on top. Years ago I picked up a used Gingko Cloud anti vibration platform for my turntable and it came with the ClaraVu dust cover. The cover and base have 45 degree chamfer, very stable even with a 16 pound guard cat on it. ;)

I had a dust cover made locally for my Lenco turntable and it cost less, but it doesn't look as nice as the Gingko.

jasper_audio.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Shoot the cat Rich.... ;)
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    Nice cover! They are nice with the rolled edges on top. Years ago I picked up a used Gingko Cloud anti vibration platform for my turntable and it came with the ClaraVu dust cover. The cover and base have 45 degree chamfer, very stable even with a 16 pound guard cat on it. ;)

I had a dust cover made locally for my Lenco turntable and it cost less, but it doesn't look as nice as the Gingko.

jasper_audio.jpg

Nice looking Table and cover! So what do you do when guard cat is doing his job and you want to spin some vinyl? That's a cool picture.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited May 2016
    Options
    That pic should be part of their ad about why you need one B)

and a note saying (Cat not included)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Shoot the cat Rich.... ;)

I know people that could use shootin’ more than my little buddy Jasper, the hybid cat. ;) He is an in your face cat, not a hide under the bed type.

Jasper helps me with projects around the house.

help.jpg

'Helps' me when I’m on the ‘putie.

putiecat.jpg

He hunts, kills and eats house spider’s n flies. Likes to go for walks outside, doesn’t care much for the harness/leash though.

And he listens to music with me. He loves female vocals, jazz. Not so much hard rock, metal or dubstep.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    Quite the companion you got there, let me guess Cat Stevens is his favorite. Pretty cool cat
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head