2009 Polkfest - Nov 7/8..North Charleston SC

Options

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,481
    edited November 2009
    Options
    He's BACK!!!! Nice to have met you and your other half at the 'Fest bro'.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Micah actually talked a broad into marrying him?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Hey Tom! I missed you at the end of the evening (er, the end of the evening for me, obviously), and didn't get to say goodbye. Don't get all teary-eyed, but I do look forward to hearing your rig in real life! We'll get BBQ and hold hands on the couch and two-channel out.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited November 2009
    Options

It's amazing what modern drugs can do.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,481
    edited November 2009
    Options
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Yeah, and she's a knockout sweetheart. He did real good.

Looking forward to it Micah.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Glad everyone made it out alive !!

I hope to be there next time....this makes two that I`ve missed

Lou,
    I hope your ready for me next year !!
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • TECHNOKID
    TECHNOKID Posts: 4,298
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the good times (pics and comments)... now, that is what those Polk fest are all about :cool: ... I'm just jaleous :( however I am happy for the people that had the chance to enjoy this great event ;) druling over the on site gear!
    DARE TO SOAR:
    “Your attitude, almost always determine your altitude in life” ;)
  • Lovely Wendi
    Lovely Wendi Posts: 34
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I was meering educating my neighbor on performing a lemon drop shot! Now I wouldn't want her to do it wrong, fellas! :p

THursday night was a quick warm up starting with some margaritas...there was much work to do by the professionals (RT1, Disney, F1, and the 2 other MD boys--great to meet ya'll.) They really made PF what it is.

Friday the crowd rolled in....BDT grilled some burgers and brats and Big Flo (my dear mother) sent over some potato salad for her fav Jesse and the rest of us. It was great to meet new ones and reconnect with old ones!!! What a fun time! Al, Mark and Patrick came in later but wasted no time catching up! Liquor and beer everywhere! Some home made peach MS to warm the night!

Saturday was a great southern day.....frogmore stew, shrimp and grits, food, and more food and some banana pudding (thanks again Big Flo)....and more liquor! Great surprise was Micah and his honey--thanks for making the trip. Al was a great sport as always (and Patrick)...thanks Mark for the bartender skills and the ride on the swing:)..I think I felt a cheez it..ooh la la! George please don't be jealous. Soju will make you walk the streets! We have some great pics that I will get to in the next day or two...some should stay hidden in the archives. I didnt want to not chime in right away just soooo tired! I really regret missing the last two! Never again! Hoosier sorry the breakfast idea didnt work out, next time. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! You all are really a blended family! Truly appreciate each and everyone one of you.

Cheers,
    TLW
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited November 2009
    Options
    A few more.....

Damn...I think we blew up the Carvers!

4091782310_40f174f81a_o.jpg

Cheers!

4091015015_48b667471b_o.jpg

Paparazzi are so tiresome....

4091024217_5509f9133d_o.jpg

Patrick representin'...

4091016467_e9107f1c43_o.jpg

If you ask...they were just diggin' the music with their eyes closed...

Yeah Right!

4091014703_8a1e24d018_o.jpg
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Who dat??
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • shack
    edited November 2009
    Options
    thanks Mark for the bartender skills and the ride on the swing:)..I think I felt a cheez it..ooh la la! George please don't be jealous.

We have some great pics that I will get to in the next day or two...some should stay hidden in the archives.

The swing pictures may fall into that category ;).

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Who dat??

IT'S GETTING DEEP!

But those Amazing sounded awesome just before they quit. ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• TECHNOKID
    edited November 2009
    Options
    shack wrote: »
    The swing pictures may fall into that category ;).
    Can it really get worse than that?

THIS WAS DEEP!
    DARE TO SOAR:
  • shack
    edited November 2009
    Options
    That has no place in this thread...please remove it.

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited November 2009
    Options
    No problem.

I'm not opposed to anything being posted from the event aside from what was talked about previously. Sorry gang, sometimes you have to have some secrets.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited November 2009
    Options
    go for a smoke and I missed it
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,922
    edited November 2009
    Options
    BDT grilled some burgers and brats and Big Flo (my dear mother) sent over some potato salad

No doubt about it, Big Flo is a special lady. I'm just sorry that she couldn't stay longer and hope she's dancing again real soon. :)

I said it before and I'll say it again, not that she doesn't know it already, but her potato salad is to die for.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,922
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Who dat??

Do those pants make my **** look fat......LOL
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I was sitting there with my eyes closed to fully enjoy the music. I cant speak for the others.
  • shack
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Fireman32 wrote:
    I was sitting there with my eyes closed to fully enjoy the music. I cant speak for the others.

SEE! I told you they would say that. :rolleyes:

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited November 2009
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Do those pants make my **** look fat......LOL

no, your **** just makes the pants look that way...............

so took yesterday off, away from puters, nursing my old body, never mind how, but it was good and I have all my body parts.

wow, what a bash, these things go on so long then seem like there over so fast....

Thursday was awesome catching up at Dinner with TLW and BDT, oh yea, we closed that place down so we were off to a good start. Wendi, thanks for playing a little table footsie with me, my heart skipped twice, I think it was that little toe thing you do.

lets see, I got a wink from Heather......our waitress at IHOP, she lit up my
    life.....with French Toast.......

I have no clue what I drank, big glasses, little glasses, teenie glasses, all filled with liquor, I do recall the MS was sweet as pie on a moonlit night with fireflies.

caught Wendi in the garage playing knee bump on Doro's lap, I subsequently removed one of his lower appendages, he still has two left.

A Carver Amazing sounds Amazing at around 117 SPL with the William Tell Overture pounding away......BDT I will NEVER forget that ****-grin on your face......both before and after, btw, initial surgery indicates it will certainly live another day bro......

Polk makes great speakers......especially the little ones.....wow, talk about some big sound out of a small cabinet. Feed them some clean power and Polk's can take you a very long way.

I was lucky to walk away with another great set of speaks thanks to Polk and the Githens Center raffle........first off, thanks to all the guys for supporting this important cause the children at the Githens Center are very special, so, when I got home the boys were scamming the truck for the TSi500, they sounded great with the Wolcotts, not good, great, Big Flo commented as she walked by.." wow, the musicians sound like they are in the room with those" I will be a Grand-dad again in February, a little girl, these may be her first Polks.......these just might look nice with her crib.

Thanks to Mark for the i-pod thingy, I have sanitized the BAT......yeeeks

Micah, your hot, the Mrs. is hotter, you both rock.

Hoosier get those waffles cooking.

George D. and Janis are hip, George you are a lucky man.

Troy you are simply The Man.

Tom can solder **** with his mouth, wonder what else??????

DJ is highly trained electronic technician, he told me so.........

Ben and Scott are hard core listeners, Ben is cute when he is sleeping, Scott...if I am missing anything I will find you and it will be painful.......anyway it was great sharing a couch with both of you guys.

Lightman talked alot then slept, then talked alot then......

The Polk HQ crew did represent........Al your support and friendship is awesome...

Patrick is reeeeely cute, cant wait to get him in the Rabbit Hole with me.

It was so great to see all the guys again, too bad for those who missed it cuz you just had to be there to really get it.

Big Lou looking forward to tearing your place down, you certainly have been a big part of all the Polkfests my man. You know someone asked me how long there will be fests.........well, as long as we want them.

Great time, Great friends, Great music.

Great Polkfest.

RT1
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited November 2009
    Options
    hmmmmmm.............so after reading that back, one little thing...........

Tom can solder stuff with mouth.......:eek:

RT1
  • NJPOLKER
    NJPOLKER Posts: 3,474
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Thanks guys for the updates, picture and I am happy to hear your all doing well. By this point I am sure some of you have sobered up and feeling well.

Next year in New Jersey!!!!!!!! Oh my dear lord what am I in for?? If in fact you allow me to participate. A lot will happen over this year no doubt and I do wish everyone here the best. I really look forward to attending and helping out anyway I can for Polkfest 2010
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Polkfest is something that is best experienced,, words cannot do it justice,,although,some,such as RT1 and Shack,come pretty close in conveying the " feeling" with their words. So now is the time to start saving and planning for next years pilgrimage to Lou's. :)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Having been to many party's at Lou's when I lived up there I can assure you that it will be a wonderful PF.

Man I already cant wait to see ya'all next year.
  • TECHNOKID
    edited November 2009
    Options
    This thread is lacking pics. For the people that were there the pictures will be in their memory for years to come however, pics are required for the many of us that couldn't attend :)

Cheers!
    TK
    DARE TO SOAR:
  • NJPOLKER
    NJPOLKER Posts: 3,474
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Lasareath wrote: »
    What town does Lou live in?

Camden

Just joking around
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Totowa, NJ...basically the West Virginia of New Jersey.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Who's doing the showcase? I want to see more of Papa Ted's amps.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • shack
    edited November 2009
    Options
    TECHNOKID wrote: »
    This thread is lacking pics. For the people that were there the pictures will be in their memory for years to come however, pics are required for the many of us that couldn't attend :)

Cheers!
    TK

There have been nearly 2 dozen pictures from/during the event posted in this thread.

There are probably more to come.